10 million on Gerasim

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

10 million on Gerasim

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

I've just reached a rather satisfying milestone:

10 million credits earned on Gerasim.

It has taken a while, but the recent introduction of a GPU app, has helped.

I'm now looking to improve my Einstein stats (need just a few thousand more to reach 30 million) and then I'm looking at NumberFields, as that is only at about 6 million right now and I'd like to hit 10 million !

regards
Tim
wbiz
Active UBT Contributor 1+ yr

Re: 10 million on Gerasim

Post by wbiz »

Very good, Gerasim is a lovely project when you want to boost your credits. We could do with some Einstein credits, its a project that doesn't like my machines, or me - and the feeling is mutual lol.

I'm topping up marathon points for ODLK and Rakesearch and not too sure what I will target tomorrow, I was planning to blitz one project for a day but I've forgotten which one, I really need to write things down. If Denis has work I might plump for that, most teams ignore it so I might as well get ahead while I can and its unlikely to be added to the sprint list.

It would be nice to have SPT on the marathon list.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi

Strategy-wise, I tend to try and earn FB points via the Sprints as they are irrevocable and once you have them, you cannot lose them.

Whereas for Marathon projects, you can work really hard for a period to earn points and then find that they are lost either due to a Sprint or when another team makes a special effort.

From my perspective, I'm now down to one host as my second host is now so old, it can barely earn it's keep just doing mundane stuff...so once the new tax year starts, I might need to afford to upgrade it !

I usually have Denis as 100 resource share, while other projects are set as 0 - so these latter projects download each task as and when required once a CPU core is "free", assuming Denis has no tasks. So, I might get the odd Denis task, when they are available, which isn't very often. :-(

As far as SPT goes, I think the jury is out on this, as they are a small project with relatively limited resources...very much like ODLK and ODLK1...so, it might be possible in the future, but I think there are enough projects in the marathon already.

regards
Tim
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Congrats Tim!

Penny
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

wbiz

Post by wbiz »

I appear to be partially blocked from Gerasim, I can log into my Gerasim account but I can't go to their message boards and I can't download tasks for AMD Windows CPU or GPU. Intel Linux CPU is working
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

hiya

The Gerasim messageboard was actually hosted on a different server, and needed a different login and password...and most of the posts were in Russian !

But that "link" from the Gerasim project website is not working now and it doesn't re-direct anywhere. So, I doubt you are "blocked" as such.

I have had no issues with a Windows PC, Intel CPU and NVidia GPU - but it needs an OpenCL driver for the GPU to run/crunch tasks.

I've no idea why you cannot download any standard CPU tasks though. They certainly have plenty. Maybe you should try a reset of the Gerasim project via BOINC Manager and see if that helps?

And maybe check that your Project Prefs are set correctly !!

https://gerasim.boinc.ru/users/viewProjectPrefs.aspx

regards
Tim
wbiz

Post by wbiz »

Ah, I didn't know the message board had been removed.

I only just added Gerasim to one of the computers, it downloads the masterfile but when it tries to download a task it says "Failure when receiving data from the peer" which is the same error as the other one. I noticed this a few days ago but thought it would sort itself out.

Something went wrong with my boinc-clients and boinc kept on putting the two computers on the same computer-ID, so I totally deleted the boinc-clients and settings a week or so ago and started adding projects again. Most projects I've added since, reject the first batch of jobs and issue new computer-ID's then work fine, Gerasim issued new computer-ID's but won't release tasks.

The other annoying aspect is most projects deleted the old computer-ID entries but fortunately keep my total credits, the totals of my computers entries are way short of the project totals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.