GPUGRID

Good at maths? Then why not figure on helping these projects - Gerasim, GPUGrid, Moo! Wrapper, NFS, NumberFields, ODLK, PrimeGrid, Rakesearch, SRBase
ChelseaOilman
TeAm AnandTech team member

GPUGRID

Post by ChelseaOilman »

Per Tims request I moved the goal post for Stephen. :dance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: GPUGRID

Post by UBT - Timbo »

ChelseaOilman wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:20 pm Per Tims request I moved the goal post for Stephen. :dance:
Hiya

Well, it wasn't really my "request"...but you've achieved a fantastic result on this project so, congratulations are in order :clap: :clap: :clap:

best regards and have a great weekend !
Tim
ChelseaOilman
TeAm AnandTech team member

Post by ChelseaOilman »

What is the GPUGRID Role account? Is that a single person or team effort?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

ChelseaOilman wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:34 pm What is the GPUGRID Role account? Is that a single person or team effort?
Hiya

This is/was not a "team" account, set up to generate lots of credits from multiple/consolidated host machines (using the weak CPUID for instance).

It is actually an account set up by some unknown person (or entity), that seems to be associated with the "GPUGrid project team" ...and they generated a huge number of credits for a short time and then they stopped/vanished, and the account does not appear to have been active ever since.

Their profile has a link to a company called Accelera's website, based in UK and Spain:

https://www.acellera.com/contact-us

and they were very active on the GPUGrid message board - but their last post (signed by "Matt" was on 21st March 2015):

https://www.gpugrid.net/forum_user_posts.php?userid=4

regards
Tim