Formula BOINC 2022 - Sprint admin change

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Formula BOINC 2022 - Sprint admin change

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

Just a heads-up for you all.

The Formula BOINC Sprints this year have had a troublesome time, as some stats have not been correctly collected or displayed and this has caused some issues for FB members.

As such, Sebastien has now allowed me to take on an administration role within FB so I will in future be "managing" each of the Sprints.

This is not a difficult task as it boils down to randomly selecting a project for each Sprint period and then keeping my fingers crossed that the "back office" calculations and the display of stats works as it should.

The 11th through to 22nd Sprint projects have already been chosen at random by yours truly.

I guess the total amount of time required to do this administration, will be measured in minutes...as I only have to monitor the chosen project just a day or two before the official start time and then ensure that the project chosen is actually online and providing tasks to crunch - if it isn't I can change to the "back-up" randomly chosen project. ;-)

Simple really.

regards
Tim
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Re: Formula BOINC 2022 - Sprint admin change

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Tim,
I hope Sebastien has a ready supply of HobNobs for you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Penny
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

stephenhunter
Active UBT Contributor

Post by stephenhunter »

:lol: :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - PennyQ wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:14 pm Tim,
I hope Sebastien has a ready supply of HobNobs for you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Penny
Hi Penny

Indeed !!

I wonder if McVities sell HobNobs in France? (where Sebastien is based) - maybe they are called Le HobNobs over there?

Though with all the red tape on imports since Brexit, I wonder if they would pass through Customs without being confiscated by officials who are short of a bicky to dunk in their tea :-)

Mind you, I'd settle for a couple of bottles of Beaujolais Nouveau at the appropriate time (3rd Thursday of November) - in fact when I lived in Kent, I got free tickets for the newly opened Channel Tunnel and I did a day trip to France, found a nice emporium selling BN at a cheap price - bought a case of 12 bottles (and some cheeses, some French beer and a few other tasty morsels) and it was the tasiest BN I've ever had...happy days ;-)

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

So, the last 2 Sprints have all taken place successfully and there's been no gripes or moans from any of the Formula BOINC community...so it looks like the Sprints will run properly (under my "control") until the end of the year.

So, if you fancy joining in the fun please visit this website page and you will find out which project is selected for each of the rest of this years Sprints.

https://formula-boinc.org/sprint_v2.py? ... en&sprint=

Note: The Sprints are on a summer break, (just like the F1 season) and will restart on 25th August at 21:00 UTC when the chosen project will also be announced.

regards
Tim