Collatz closing temporarily...

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Collatz closing temporarily...

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

I've just seen this message:

https://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/f ... php?id=285
collatz: Finish Up Your Work
I'll be losing my "computer room" in my basement this week while water seepage mitigation is done. After that, the house goes on the market as I'll be relocating to a state with nicer climate with fewer corrupt politicians and lower taxes. The result is that the Collatz project will be down for some time. Please set your machines to get no new work because you likely won't be able to return the work before it times out. The work starts Wednesday so I have to have everything cleared out prior to that so it may be Monday or Tuesday when it gets shut down. Once I move, I don't know how reliable the broadband will be, but I'm hoping that since it will be fiber and not cable TV based, it will be decent. It should be faster and less expensive, but I can't predict when the Collatz project will be back online at this time.
So, if you are running Collatz, you might want to set it to "no new work" ASAP, as any work completed during or even after Tuesday (7th June) might not be validated, if the servers are switched off for some time.

regards
Tim