New WUs

Section supporting all the various Climate Change projects: CPDN, CPDN Beta, Quake Catcher.
DJH@GB-Ro

New WUs

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Is there any way to get more than 2? (on an HT machine) Because work is running out but I can easily do more than 2 by August, but there probably won't be any work by the time my first 2 finish.  :?:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: New WUs

Post by UBT - Timbo »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:Is there any way to get more than 2? (on an HT machine) Because work is running out but I can easily do more than 2 by August, but there probably won't be any work by the time my first 2 finish.  :?:
Just increase your cache I guess.....(on the "Your Account" "General Preferences on the SAP project website. change the "Connect to network about every" setting to something rather large...maybe 10 days edit: 10 days is the max  :oops: ....).

But whatever you do, make sure you aren't crunching for ANY other project, else you'll download loads of work from them as well....

regards

Tim
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

you could try suspending the wu's you have (not the project just the individual units) and it should get some more..as above make sure nothing else is set to get any work :lol:
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:you could try suspending the wu's you have (not the project just the individual units) and it should get some more..as above make sure nothing else is set to get any work :lol:
That used to work, but for some reason it doesn't  :?: maybe something to do with 5.8.8  :(
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Just beat me to it, thought I would check and it still works on 5.4.11 but not the new one  :cry:  (if all else fails revert to 5.4.11 to get them then change back. :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:you could try suspending the wu's you have (not the project just the individual units) and it should get some more..as above make sure nothing else is set to get any work :lol:
That's a good idea - if the current WU's are suspended, then BOINC might think it hasn't got any and download you some more....then you repeat until you have your "fill"....

regards

Tim
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:Just beat me to it, thought I would check and it still works on 5.4.11 but not the new one  :cry:  (if all else fails revert to 5.4.11 to get them then change back. :lol:
:lol: Went to 5.4.11 and got another couple  :D

I prefer 5.4.11  :oops: