Get my new memory tomorrow

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Get my new memory tomorrow

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Got 512Mb of shiny new memory arriving tomorrow, not that I will get it until the day after seen as though I will be at work :cry:

Was a bargain £30, never stuck a PC component in before, I'm a virgin :lol: sure I will be fine doing it, its not like I'm as daft as a post.

So my CPDN Seasonal or whatever it is called will work nicely with no problems
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

installing memory is easy ;) it can only fit one way any other way and your forcing it in... I've always found CPUs harder as they are more sensitive to static.
Darren

Post by Darren »

I assume the memory upgrade went OK then?
UBT - Halifax-lad

Dazza wrote:I assume the memory upgrade went OK then?
Just did it like 5 mins ago, I assume it went OK its in, how do i know if it is working :roll:

Windows reports 992Mb of RAM, so I think that is right :?:
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

If you had 512 before then yes :P

You could also double check using belarc advisor Belarc Advisor it will tell you how much is installed in which slot 8)
UBT - Halifax-lad

DJHunter wrote:If you had 512 before then yes :P

You could also double check using belarc advisor Belarc Advisor it will tell you how much is installed in which slot 8)
Ok thanks for that just checked from that link and yep its there, has speeded up this system loads