MILESTONE: Now over 850 members joined the Team

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

MILESTONE: Now over 850 members joined the Team

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Since my last note concerning membership just 27 days ago (4th Jan if you check), our total team membership now stands at 851 members....

At this rate the whole country will have joined the team by a week next Tuesday..... :wink:

regards to all members new and old....!

Tim
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

:wav:  :wav:  :wav:  :wav:  :wav:
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Kinda gettin crowded in here, guess if I made my own team of 1 then I'd be the top cruncher.  :twisted:  :roll:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:Kinda gettin crowded in here, guess if I made my own team of 1 then I'd be the top cruncher.  :twisted:  :roll:
Hi "froggi"

Well, looking at the Top 5 World teams:
SETI.Germany has 9,578 members
L'Alliance Francophone has 5,514
Czech National Team has 4,639
SETI.USA has 3,467 and
BOINC Synergy has 1,933

So, we really need to increase our membership significantly, to take on the "Big 5"...

regards

Tim
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
Rockinfroggi wrote:Kinda gettin crowded in here, guess if I made my own team of 1 then I'd be the top cruncher.  :twisted:  :roll:
Hi "froggi"

Well, looking at the Top 5 World teams:
SETI.Germany has 9,578 members
L'Alliance Francophone has 5,514
Czech National Team has 4,639
SETI.USA has 3,467 and
BOINC Synergy has 1,933

So, we really need to increase our membership significantly, to take on the "Big 5"...

regards

Tim
Sorry for the poor attempt at humour, :oops: it was pure luck that brought me to UBT and I'm perfectly happy to stay and help catch up with the big boys.
Considering our size though, I don't think we are doing a bad job.

BTW I have tried to get family and friends to join up but have so far had no joy  :dontknow:

Gary
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:Sorry for the poor attempt at humour, :oops: it was pure luck that brought me to UBT and I'm perfectly happy to stay and help catch up with the big boys.
Considering our size though, I don't think we are doing a bad job.

BTW I have tried to get family and friends to join up but have so far had no joy  :dontknow:

Gary
Hi Gary,

No worries - I've had a busy day - what with one thing and another, so I wasn't receptive enough to your humour....! But that's my problem, not yours  :wink:  

Getting family and friends to join in is a good ploy, although some people just don't see the point....and I can quite understand that... My better half was crunching for a year or two (using my account on her PC 8) ) but got bored with it and stopped....she couldn't see the point and claimed her PC was always going slowly...!

Size-wise, I think the Team is doing brill....even with "only" 850 members, we're consistently now the UK Team with the highest RAC...even more than the #1 UK Team.... 8) who have more members...!

regards

Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - Timbo wrote: ... My better half was crunching for a year or two (using my account on her PC 8) ) but got bored with it and stopped....she couldn't see the point and claimed her PC was always going slowly...!
Not tried it myself but if you run the manager as a 'service' isn't it relatively hidden? She won't know it's there then! :twisted:
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Not tried it myself but if you run the manager as a 'service' isn't it relatively hidden? She won't know it's there then! :twisted:
I was thinking of trying that....but it'll still slow her PC down a bit and she got used to that. Now her PC flies along, so if it started slowing down again.... :oops:

The other option I've got is simple:

One of my spare PC's has a 2.4GHz P4 in it. Her's is only a 1.5GHz P4 - so if I swop the CPU's and then install BOINC as a service, the faster CPU will more than make up for the slow down in processing.... :twisted:

I might just do that when she goes off shopping sometime...!

regards

Tim
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

OMG, did I join UBT or MI5? we have Bobuk the spy, Tim the system rigger, who else is gonna blow their cover.
I wanna be the hit man and wear dark glasses :bom:  :glasses7:

Gary
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:OMG, did I join UBT or MI5? we have Bobuk the spy, Tim the system rigger, who else is gonna blow their cover.
I wanna be the hit man and wear dark glasses :bom:  :glasses7:

Gary
Hi Gary,

As the song goes: You ain't seen nuthin'yet :shock:

If you've got a few hours, you can read back through the last 9 months worth of posts in the forum and you'll discover all sorts of things  :oops:

Most of which doesn't need repeating... 8)

But it's all in the best possible taste...!

regards

Tim
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Rockinfroggi wrote:OMG, did I join UBT or MI5? we have Bobuk the spy
I wanna be the hit man and wear dark glasses :bom:  :glasses7:Gary
You forgot to say "please" i might have to send the boys round...

:glasses5:  :glasses5:   :glasses5:  :glasses5:

b. 8)
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - bobuk wrote:
Rockinfroggi wrote:OMG, did I join UBT or MI5? we have Bobuk the spy
I wanna be the hit man and wear dark glasses :bom:  :glasses7:Gary
You forgot to say "please" i might have to send the boys round...

:glasses5:  :glasses5:   :glasses5:  :glasses5:

b. 8)
Gulp :shock: oopsa, don't suppose you'd consider sending the Girls round instead? :glasses6:
Timby

Post by Timby »

Image Image Who's watching Who around here?