boinc.berkley.edu Down?

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT-Shaman

boinc.berkley.edu Down?

Post by UBT-Shaman »

Hi all.

I've been trying to access boinc.berkley.edu from my work connection and it keeps timing out and saying the domain is down. I'd like to install Boinc at work to increase my contribution, but this seems to be an issue if I can't get to the download page!

Can someone check to see if it is down, or if it is down, or if it is just me?

Thanks!

Robin
Timby

Post by Timby »

Hi Robin,

Just logged into the home page with no problems at all, and can navigate to the download page as well, so it appears to be your end? As you are at work are you sure it’s not a blocked site?

Timby
UBT-Shaman

Post by UBT-Shaman »

Seems unlikely as I actually go to berkley.edu a lot for work purposes.

Several other pages seem to be very very slow today. Probably a hiccup somewhere at this end! Thanks for checking!

R
UBT - PaulC

Re: boinc.berkley.edu Down?

Post by UBT - PaulC »

UBT-Shaman wrote:Hi all.

I've been trying to access boinc.berkley.edu from my work connection and it keeps timing out and saying the domain is down.
Robin
Don't want to sound daft, but are you putting the proper domain name in?

its http://boinc.berkeley.edu/  : berkEley not berkley
UBT-Shaman

Post by UBT-Shaman »

Yep, I was, and linking to it via google to double check. I work with that institution closely, and ALWAYS mis-spell it in documents so checked closely.

When it did eventually come up for me I then found that I couldn't install the download as I need admin priveliges, which is weird, as I install stuff all the time at work with no problems.

Gremlins, I swear it is gremlins...

R