Interesting idea #1

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Interesting idea #1

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

I just found out about these: Bitscope Blades....

Basically they are modules that allow one, two, or four Raspberry Pi's to be connected to a network and a HDD, all via a singe PSU.

http://www.bitscope.com/product/blade/

I have a 2 Pi B+ units which should work with this... :-).

regards
Tim
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

Re: Interesting idea #1

Post by bigsinky »

well now funny you should notice that. my RPi cluster has needed a major distro upgrade from last summer. it was basically put in the wardrobe along with the 24 port switch, the laptop, the i7 system, the i3 system and a bridge for all my lights. put away and forgot about. now that we arent doing a sprint this weekend i thought it high time for a look see. 7 x Pi3 each with 4 cores. i have found a few more linux apps that will run BOINC. TN Grid and wuProp have apps that will run on a Pi3. now the crappy part. 7 pis with 7 distro updates. oh dear. i am not tech able to run a script that will upgrade the distro on each pi. ahh well sure its only time
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Interesting idea #1

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Neil

Don't the Pi's that you have boot from an SD card?

Can you not just create one new bootable disti on a SD card, and then re-create that "disk image" onto the other 6? If they are set to use DHCP, then as each one is powered up it'll find it's own IP address (which can then be changed to a manually set IP addy if required)...

regards
Tim