pending credits

SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
Rockinfroggi

pending credits

Post by Rockinfroggi »

I have 3 finished and uploaded WU's that have been showing as credits pending for some time now, other WU's completed after these have been credited.
Is this a problem or do some take longer than others to be credited?

Sorry if this is a dumb question I have tried looking for the answer.

Regards, Gary :oops:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

It just means the workunit in question is waiting for some other people to finish theres and get them submitted, once there in the system will grant you credit
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Thanks for the prompt reply, I'll stop sitting here refreshing my page hoping to see my credits go up :oops:
I hope the novelty of checking my credits every 5 mins wears off soon before I become a hermit :lol:

Thanks again, Gary
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: pending credits

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:I have 3 finished and uploaded WU's that have been showing as credits pending for some time now, other WU's completed after these have been credited.
Is this a problem or do some take longer than others to be credited?

Sorry if this is a dumb question I have tried looking for the answer.

Regards, Gary :oops:
Hi and welcome to the forum and the Team...!

Some projects give you credit as soon as you return a WU. In this case the project itself has set a quorum of "1" - meaning that only 1 WU has to be returned in order to generate the credit onto your "account".

In other cases, the "quorum" could be 2, 3 or even more. In these cases, the same WU is sent out to multiple users and the credits are only awarded, once enough of these same WU's are returned.

If you have a super-quick CPU inside your computer, then you may return the WU's very quickly, but on high "quorum" projects, you may be waiting some time for enough of the other users who have the same WU to return theirs...!

What this means in practice, is that initially, when joining a project, you won't get many credits straight away. But the longer you crunch, you'll build up a healthy "pending credits" total, which will be awarded to you over time, as the "quorum" return all the work.

Hope this helps,

regards

Tim
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

WOW, I understood all that and yes it does answer my question in full, guess that will teach me to have 3 systems all crunching at the same time and a 4th on the way when I finish rebuilding it.

Thank for your time,

Gary
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:WOW, I understood all that and yes it does answer my question in full, guess that will teach me to have 3 systems all crunching at the same time and a 4th on the way when I finish rebuilding it.

Thank for your time,

Gary
No worries! Glad it was an easy question to answer...!

regards

Tim