Goofyxgrid for CPU :-)

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Goofyxgrid for CPU :-)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

A CPU version of Goofy is now undergoing testing:

http://cpu.goofyxgridathome.net

This is also the URL to use with the "Tools > Add project..." menu item in BOINC Manager.

You need to set up a new account - I've just created our Team here:

http://cpu.goofyxgridathome.net/team_di ... p?teamid=7

First app is LINUX only and 64 bit at that !!

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: Goofyxgrid for CPU :-)

Post by Woodles »

Hi Tim,

I may give a few WUs a try tonight then and see how they do.

Mark
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi

He's just added the Windows version.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Seems to run alright. Not a big payer but far from the worst, 2 credits for 3 minutes work.

No tweaking or messing about to do, just join and crunch.

Stats aren't being exported at the moment (it's still in the testing phase) so don't expect to see your name in Boincstats top ten crunchers :D

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Mark

Thanks for the info.

I would imagine that eventually, it will be rolled out, into the NCI project and it can then just be crunched like existing Goofy tasks, using the same account details (as the NCI project).

However, on the "down" side is that none of the credits will count on Formula-BOINC (at least this year) and if they are low payers, then it could easily impinge on other more "worthy" projects.

But it's down to members to decide which project they prefer crunching for - all I've done is to create the team and make people aware of the project :-).

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Tim,

Forgot to point out that those were Windows workunits, I didn't get a chance to try the Linux ones.

Apparently, the Linux ones are significantly faster (roughly twice the speed) and still get the 2 credits. The project owner has promised to look into aligning the credits between the different OS. I hope he means to increase the Windows ones :)

Indeed, I just thought I'd get a few points on the board for another new project. It's not going to be a regular one for me.

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:59 amIndeed, I just thought I'd get a few points on the board for another new project. It's not going to be a regular one for me.

Mark
Hi Mark

Same here...got a few on the board myself. I don't like having "zero" credits on any project I join up with (esp if I'm the founder !!).

regards
Tim