Misheard Lyrics etc

Here's the place to post all sorts of games, quizzes, or interactive competitions etc for forum members to join in with....
hgblade

Misheard Lyrics etc

Post by hgblade »

There's currently an advert running, I think I saw it on Sky Living, for a charity that (if I remember correctly) shows a doctor entertaining a very young patient who clearly has a serious illness singing Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. The doctor finishes off with 'Heads, Shoulders, Cheese on Toast' much to the amusement of the patient.

Although this was obviously deliberate it reminded me that most people have either misheard song lyrics and been convinced for ages by what they think they heard. Or we've heard others, often children, singing songs with accidently changed lyrics that are quite amusing.

My wife was listening to a song on the radio the other day by Diana Ross and the Supremes (I think) and I was taken aback when I misheard a line which appeared to contain a phrase that can't be repeated on a family forum - but I'll have to try and find out what the song is and you can listen for yourselves!!

My own personal favourite misheard lyric is something that took a number of listenings before I accepted I'd got it wrong. For ages I was convinced that Abba's Super Trouper contains the line "When I called you last night from Tesco" (instead of Glasgow).

Feel free to add your own!!
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Misheard Lyrics etc

Post by UBT - Timbo »

There's a few website one can find via Google that offer many versions of all the misheard lyrics you'd care to find...even if just for a chuckle or to look for a specific one.

This is quite good:
http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/mish ... yrics-6787

and this has a good collection too:
http://www.amiright.com/misheard

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Re: Misheard Lyrics etc

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

Just as an aside, these misheard lyrics are called 'Mondegreens'.

Ye Highlands and ye Lowlands,
Oh, where hae ye been?
They hae slain the Earl o' Moray,
And Lady Mondegreen. (And laid him on the green)

Chris