Wireless Router

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Wireless Router

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Got my wireless router today, it works fine hard wired to the computer & also wireless, now all I need is for a Xbox 360 to arrive so I can hook it up.

Got all the security set up & fine too only took approx 15 mins to set it all up
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Wireless Router

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Got my wireless router today, it works fine hard wired to the computer & also wireless, now all I need is for a Xbox 360 to arrive so I can hook it up.

Got all the security set up & fine too only took approx 15 mins to set it all up
Good for you...Well done !

My next door neighbour has a wireless set-up - except it's not fully set-up, allowing me to surf for hours at a time on THEIR ADSL connection....... 8)  !!

I'll tell them one day !

regards

Tim
James Box

Post by James Box »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Got my wireless router today, it works fine hard wired to the computer & also wireless, now all I need is for a Xbox 360 to arrive so I can hook it up.

About time  :lol:

Now you need a laptop :)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

James Box wrote:About time  :lol:

Now you need a laptop :)
I've got a laptop. She's very cuddly and loverly and sits on my lap.

She crunches very well, but not on BOINC  :oops:

She gets a bit warm sometimes, if I use her a lot - contrary-wise, if I don't play with her for a while, she goes cold and takes a while to get working again.

She's very environmentally friendly, uses zero electricity or gas, although I sometimes have to replenish her energy pack by taking her to a suitable recharging centre.

But I wouldn't be without her, coz who else would iron my shirts !!

regards

Tim
James Box

Post by James Box »

UBT - Timbo wrote:uses zero electricity or gas
I would dispute this fact :D

Can be hard on the wallet too!
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Not sure if I want a laptop or not, probally will do at some point, only reason I got this was for my Xbox :lol:
James Box

Post by James Box »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Not sure if I want a laptop or not, probally will do at some point, only reason I got this was for my Xbox :lol:
You don't know how nice it is to have an internet connected laptop that you can walk about the house with until you've got one.

Need a computer whilst watching TV? Done.
Need a computer whilst in bed? Done.
Need a computer with a howto guide up whilst working on your car? Done.

Okay, so it may be a bit geeky but the freedom is wonderful :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

James Box wrote:
UBT - Timbo wrote:uses zero electricity or gas
I would dispute this fact :D

Can be hard on the wallet too!
OK - so maybe I should re-phrase:

Doesn't need to be plugged in to any utility service in order to work (such as electricity or gas).

As for the wallet - well, aren't most "gadgets" a bit expensive, especially initially. I'm at the point now, where the running costs are pretty low  :wink:

And apart from the odd upgrade that's needed once or twice a year (usually around the anniversary of her "manufacturing date" and again around Xmas time), she has quite a low yearly maintenance cost. 8)

You may be having additional cost issues, simply down to fact that yours is newer and hence there's more need to keep it in tip-top condition. For me, the TCO curve has already flattened out.  :D

regards

Tim
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Careful what you say, or like a Dell laptop it might overheat and blow up in your face :)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - JohnR wrote:Careful what you say, or like a Dell laptop it might overheat and blow up in your face :)
Oh, I can put up with the tantrums.....and like most things, if they go wrong, just give it a thump....... :evil:

regards

Tim
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

I've got two -  :lol:  and at one point I had four   :oops:  but one was really old - I didn't like that one too much  :wink: