How long will it last?

Section supporting all the various Climate Change projects: CPDN, CPDN Beta, Quake Catcher.
DJH@GB-Ro

How long will it last?

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Mr Halifax says BBC CCE won't last forver. I did know it would end at some point, but any ideas when?
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Looks like there will be at least another year left in the project, have set BOINC to get a WU, might as well try and help our total some more
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: How long will it last?

Post by UBT - Timbo »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:Mr Halifax says BBC CCE won't last forver. I did know it would end at some point, but any ideas when?
Found this today (16th Dec 2006):
The climate change experiment is now closed to new applicants. The results will be shown on this website and in a special programme on BBC One in January (2007).
Well, that's that then...!

regards

Tim
MikeMarsUK
BOINCSynergy team member

Post by MikeMarsUK »

At present it's still giving out new work to existing participants.  In fact a batch was generated a few days ago, these can be identified by ohe_ and ohf_ in the model names, the previous ones had ohc_ in the model name.  Given that slower PCs will take over a year to run the model, we can say for sure that it'll be accepting results for at least that long, and most likely a couple of years.  

I guess at some point the WU queue will get purged though, I don't know when that will be, mostly depends on the BBC.