Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi

Seems like this got installed last night and buggered up a few things including Zadig drivers for the U2s. Had a bit of trouble resetting the default browser - it didn't want to change from Edge at all! Had to try a couple of times before the default would accept Firefox but it did eventually.

When I got up this morning Bitcoin was not going. The U2s were showing in the 'connected devices' and BOINC manager appeared to have them running but the green lights wern't flashing and they had run up to 1.5 hours so something wasn't right.

Did a search for the Zadig driver program - couldn't find it but I knew where it was on the HD and fired it up. In default it couldn't find the U2s - had to do a 'list all devices' followed by 'reinstall driver'. Now seems to be working, the lights are flashing, but I gotta go now so I can't tell if they're going to finish as normal 'til I get back later.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Post by Woodles »

Hi Mike,

I had a look at the changes that were going to be installed, all 'improvements' to parts I disabled as soon as I could. Judging by your experience, I'm glad I haven't upgraded!

Regards,

Mark
nick
Active UBT Contributor 1+ yr

Post by nick »

Just updated my laptop and WOW massive speed difference when doing things within the system. Just sucks i have to disable a bunch of stuff yet again like one drive
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Well that didn't work - they're all timing out after 2 hours - poo! Just trying a reboot and clean reinstallation of the drivers - see if that helps. Just thought that Microsoft may have buggered up the Secuity/defender settings and Bitcoin is being blocked.

Mike

Later...

Going again now. Seems it was a combination of the driver and the exclusions for the boinc directories missing in Windows defender that were the problems.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

nick
Active UBT Contributor 1+ yr

Post by nick »

just finished updating all my pcs to the new version funny how the same pc with the same video card one upgraded and works with bam fine the other 2 i had to re-download the nvidia driver for it to work again.