Another NEW project - DENIS@home

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Another NEW project - DENIS@home

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Another new project is now accepting members:

http://denis.usj.es/denisathome/index.php

Join up and then join UBT - the team is already there, awaiting your membership.

regards

Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Tim,

Joined and joined but I'm concentrating on SRBase at the moment, I'll run a few WUs and see what they're like though.

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote:Hi Tim,

Joined and joined but I'm concentrating on SRBase at the moment, I'll run a few WUs and see what they're like though.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Great stuff.....can I take it once you hit the million mark on SRBase, you'll be looking for another project to gain yet another "project millionaire" title ?

Y'know, it strikes me that, all this Bitcoin malarkey is actually very good for BOINC....coz the one thing it does, is it allows team members to pick and choose their favourite projects, irrespective of the credits awarded....

The main thrust of "credit collection" is now really down to BU. A few others are quite good at awarding nice credits (Moo! Wrapper for one and Milky Way too) but most others are quite poor....

However, given that UBT's standing in the ratings, is mostly now down to our participation on the BU project, so anyone who isn't involved can happily crunch for any other project they like, and yet UBT will STILL be one of the higher achievers in terms of credits.

So, I've started bashing away at some of the lesser projects, such as SRBase, Citizen Grid, CAS, EDGeS with the hope of generating some interest (and results) for them. And once my relocated BOINC "farm" is fully sorted out, I'll be opening up each BOINC CPU client to crunch for every project that has WU's available...if only to keep as many projects ticking over as possible ;)

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Hi Mark,

Great stuff.....can I take it once you hit the million mark on SRBase, you'll be looking for another project to gain yet another "project millionaire" title ?
Hi Tim,

Oh no, I was aiming on getting the team to UK number 1 before stopping. It's proving a little difficult as TSBT keep getting more credits than us everyday :D I hadn't even realised I had almost reached 1 million.
UBT - Timbo wrote:Y'know, it strikes me that, all this Bitcoin malarkey is actually very good for BOINC....coz the one thing it does, is it allows team members to pick and choose their favourite projects, irrespective of the credits awarded....

The main thrust of "credit collection" is now really down to BU. A few others are quite good at awarding nice credits (Moo! Wrapper for one and Milky Way too) but most others are quite poor....

However, given that UBT's standing in the ratings, is mostly now down to our participation on the BU project, so anyone who isn't involved can happily crunch for any other project they like, and yet UBT will STILL be one of the higher achievers in terms of credits.
I remember posting exactly the same argument on the BU boards when there was all the outrage at the amount of credits being given out. Users no longer have to keep switching projects every ten minutes trying to get a few more credits, they can crunch whatever they like safe in the knowledge that the team won't suffer. Even those involved in BU are free from any worries that they're not gaining quite as many credits as they could be, what's a few hundreds of credits here and there when a £10 USB stick is 'earning' a million plus a day :)
UBT - Timbo wrote:So, I've started bashing away at some of the lesser projects, such as SRBase, Citizen Grid, CAS, EDGeS with the hope of generating some interest (and results) for them. And once my relocated BOINC "farm" is fully sorted out, I'll be opening up each BOINC CPU client to crunch for every project that has WU's available...if only to keep as many projects ticking over as possible ;)

regards
Tim
Welcome to the delights of SRBase, where individual subprojects run out of work on a daily basis and the credit per WU changes hourly :D

Mark