Constellation

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
rich2000k
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Constellation

Post by rich2000k »

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with constellation, it's been down now for the past 4 days including their own hompage.

The only reason i'm bothered is I've got literally hundreds of completed tasks which are about to hit their deadlines.

Cheers in advance
Rich
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Rich,

If the admins know they have a server issue, then in the case of other projects, they tend to extend the deadline, as clearly the problem is not down to the users....plus the data being crunched is still worthwhile to have.

So, I'd be tempted to carry on and see what transpires over the next few days.

regards
Tim
rich2000k

Post by rich2000k »

Thanks Tim

I only have another 40 or so on their project, which will be done today. I have my other projects running alongside so no loss of work from my point of view.
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Hi, rich - I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that, if you complete a WU within its deadline while the server is down, you should still be granted credits - I'm not sure on that though, so someone might need to double check me...
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

The deadlines are usually just to prevent work sitting around on peoples PCs doing nothing, once the deadline passes, the WU is sent out to other users ... and with the site down, they won't be getting sent out to other users just yet :D

You should get credit for any WUs crunched correctly and returned before anyone else returns them regardless of the deadline.
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Thanks, Mark - I thought that was the case, but didn't want to say it for definite just in case I was wrong haha :P
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
rich2000k

Post by rich2000k »

I have no idea what's going on but all my credit for the project has just been deleted and I did a MINUS score on my stats yesterday.

The work tasks done are starting to disappear as well...something happening, maybe not good either.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

From the 20th Feb
Good news everyone, we're finally back online!
We are sorry to have you experiencing a longer than intended server down-time. Due to the new Comet Trails app, we generated more than expected results, which caused some trouble with our system. So thank you very much for helping this great application and also benchmarking our server.
We already tackled the main problems, but we still leave the server under monitoring. So please be patient with us, if the server is not yet running as it used to. By the way, it is still the same server we started with in 2011 plus some new storage. He served us well, but if you like us to have a new and reliable one, please be so kind and donate on our donation page.

We will keep you informed here or on our "emergency channels". And we will also have some other good news coming up.

So, thank you for your patience again!

The "emergency channel"  http://81.7.13.241:10480/
rich2000k

Post by rich2000k »

Thanks Mark that information is helpful, still kinda annoyed all my credit for the project is gone...and the project itself has now disappeared off my projects list entirely.

Ahh well onwards and upwards!