No Tasks!!

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

No Tasks!!

Post by UBT - Chris »

Since my new hard drive was put in, I can't access BU's website, and I'm sure this isn't my fault - on the BU login page, it says this:

Notice: Use of undefined constant LDAP_HOST - assumed 'LDAP_HOST' in /home/boincadm/projects/bitcoinutopia/html/user/login_form.php on line 46

so, can somebody inform Henri of this, please? I would, but I can't login to messsge him, and if I could, it would be pointless to message him...

Thanks, Team
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Chris,

The BU website is working OK, so it's likely to be a local issue on your PC....either with a firewall, or something similar.

Can you access the internet normally?
Can you access any other BOINC websites?
Are you trying to connect to BU, by clicking on the project link ("Home page") within BM, or are you typing the BU URL directly into a browser?

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Tim/Chris,

LDAP_HOST is a variable used by the server so it's a BU issue not a user one.

Having said that, I've just tried to log in via Internet Explorer, seen the same message but just ignored it and I've managed to log in without problems.

Of course, that may be due to the fact that I have a cookie in Chrome from ticking the 'Keep me logged in' button but I doubt both browsers share the same data as I wasn't logged in initially as far as Internet Explorer was concerned.

I assume you've just ignored the message and tried to log in anyway Chris?

Mark
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Thanks, Guys and I have, Mark - tried in IE, Firefox, and Chrome, and the same message pops up every time...
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

And, Tim - I can access other BOINC projects, I can access the internet normally, and I've tried getting to the website both ways.
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Until I figure out the problem, I'll just let WCG run on my laptop, as that is a project I care about too.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Chris,

Firstly, this issue has been raised on the BU website before:
Posted: 28 Jun 2014, 17:06:22 UTC
Last modified: 29 Nov 2014, 18:41:33 UTC
- rereading cc_config doesnt work for plan_class -->reported, only restart BOINC at this time
- sgminer apps not counting in subproject -->fixed
- Use of undefined constant LDAP_HOST - assumed 'LDAP_HOST' in /home/boincadm/projects/bitcoinutopia/html/user/login_form.php on line 46 in login page -->reported
The above was from reb.

So, it sounds like they might have done something about it.

I have sent him a PM so we'll see if they DID fix it, or how you can overcome the problem :)

Delving deeper into google, I found a link to the phrase:
Use of undefined constant LDAP_HOST
and this lead me to a BU PHP page...which I can read.... :(

http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoinuto ... config.php

Looking at the code (and I'm NOT a PHP expert), it looks like the BU website is trying to understand which platform is in use, by the browser - so it sounds to me that on YOUR PC, you might have some sort of protection in place to stop BU from prying into what type of PC you have.

So, I'd be tempted to fire up your OLD laptop, and see if you can connect.

If you can, then maybe shut down any anti-virus/blocking programs you have running and see if you can access it via new laptop/hard-drive.

I'm pretty sure your issue is local to your machine.

And as you changed the hard drive, so you must have re-installed the OS plus lots of other stuff...so that's likely to be the root of the problem.

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Thanks, Tim :D
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Just figured it out, and I have a feeling that is WAS at BU's end - I tried logging in with my email, instead of user name, and it let me on straight away :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Chris,

That makes sense - I just logged out of BU and went to the login page and got this:
Notice: Use of undefined constant LDAP_HOST - assumed 'LDAP_HOST' in /home/boincadm/projects/bitcoinutopia/html/user/login_form.php on line 46
But underneath it, is a box to enter either your email addy or LDAP name.

Now, as "normal" type users, we wouldn't have an LDAP name (AFAIK) and hence the best way to log in to any BOINC site is by using your email addy (and password).

Glad you got it sorted though.

regards
Tim