Great to be back online!

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Great to be back online!

Post by UBT - Chris »

Hey, team - it's great to be back!
Although I've only been gone for 3 days, I've missed BOINCing!
I've been gone because the hard drive in my laptop decided just to die, so I had to attempt to recover data (no success :( so I lost all my photos and music :(), but I'm now back :D
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Chris,

Welcome back.

Unlucky there, I assume you'll now back everything up?

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Chris,

If you have access to the old hard drive, you could get an adaptor and connect it via USB to the laptop and see if any of the music and photo's can be saved to the new hard drive...I've had this happen myself a few times (over the years) and it's not that difficult....just depends on what happened to the original hard drive and how accessible it is.

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris »

Thanks, guys, and it's ok now, Tim - I remembered I still had my old laptop in the cupboard with all my pics and music - pulled it off no problem :D
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D