20 Million

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

20 Million

Post by UBT - Chris »

Just seen - hit 20 million credits earlier on BU :) next goal is my 25 million badges, and it is soooooo much easier with 2 ASICs crunching - yesterday alone, I got over 1 million, and they were only crunching for 8 hours!!
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Chris,

Excellent work.....

Now you are crunching the 1.6GH/s WU's you should find you accumulate credits a lot faster....

And with 2 ASIC's on the go, then even better. :)

Did you find out the current capability of the hub you got ?

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Thanks, Tim, and no, I didn't :(, but it looks like it is perfectly capable of powering at least another 4 or 5 ASICs...

Quick question, Tim - roughly how much does 1 R-box cost, incase I ever upgrade?
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Chris wrote:Thanks, Tim, and no, I didn't :(, but it looks like it is perfectly capable of powering at least another 4 or 5 ASICs...

Quick question, Tim - roughly how much does 1 R-box cost, incase I ever upgrade?
Hi Chris,

The "standard" 32-35GH R-Box can be bought quite cheaply - there are 2 on eBay right now with a starting price of £15 + p&p. I would expect them to sell for about £30-£35 by auction end - though one does have a broken fan blade... :(

These are 20 times faster than the 1.6GH USB sticks, but they do need an external 12v 5A power supply - which some people include with the item.

The "new" price for them was around £65 (excl PSU) about 5 months ago....but in Bitcoin terms, they are a bit behind the times now, hence why they have brought out the "NEW" 100GH R-Box that sells for about £80-£100 (when new, excl PSU).

regards
Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Ok - thanks, Tim - I'll look in to these :D
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Well done Chris, told you you'd get addicted :)
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Haha, Mark - you sure did, and I am :D