How to add pictures

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

How to add pictures

Post by UBT - Chris »

How do I add an image to the forum in a post - I have tried dragging it between the [img]and[/img] tags, and it comes up with a webpage, that I just copy the url into the tags, but it still doesnt work - what am i doing wrong?
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Chris,

If the image you want to place is hosted on a website somewhere, then you need to use the full URL...

Such as:

Code: Select all

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/logo/www_logo.gif
which gives this image:

Some websites will prevent this from working though, as it places a strain on their servers to be "serving" up images on 3rd party websites.

(Imagine, say, 500,000 websites all link to the above image - the BOINC server would have to "serve" each image to each website...and that would really make the BOINC server struggle).

Which website are you trying to link to?

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris »

Ahhhh, and SR Base - I made a badge set, but Reb beat me to it...
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D