Team Motto?

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Team Motto?

Post by UBT - Chris »

Hi, Team

I just looked at Team BlackOps' Forum (http://www.theblackopsteam.net), and it turns out that they have a motto...

I was thinking that our team should have one (or if we already have one, make it more widely known).

So, are there any suggestions for a UBT motto??
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

I'm not sure if we have a team motto Chris, but if we do it's bound to involve hobnobs. :D

A quick look at the team description on BU (I think it's the same text on every project) suggests that our motto might be 'dedicated to assisting scientific research and helping mankind' but I don't think that that is quite snappy enough to go on a promotional T-shirt.  :wink:

James.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Joshrandom wrote:I'm not sure if we have a team motto Chris, but if we do it's bound to involve hobnobs. :D

A quick look at the team description on BU (I think it's the same text on every project) suggests that our motto might be 'dedicated to assisting scientific research and helping mankind' but I don't think that that is quite snappy enough to go on a promotional T-shirt.  :wink:

James.
Hi James,

That is a bit long winded. I'm happy with 'Crunching Hobnobs'

Mark
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

good point, James, and I'm with Mark!!
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Ok - just had a good ol' dig through the old forum posts (7 years old to be exact), and found that Timbo had already posted a sort of Motto: "Those who can do, those who can't criticise".

Are we keeping this, combining it with "Crunching Hob-Nobs for over 10 years", or just having the hobnobs one??

Personally, I vote for the just hobnob one (after all, they are my favourite biscuit) :D :D :D :D :D :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

UBT - Chris wrote:Personally, I vote for the just hobnob one (after all, they are my favourite biscuit)
Oh you;re going to fit in nicely here Chris :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Chris wrote:Ok - just had a good ol' dig through the old forum posts (7 years old to be exact), and found that Timbo had already posted a sort of Motto: "Those who can do, those who can't criticise".

Are we keeping this, combining it with "Crunching Hob-Nobs for over 10 years", or just having the hobnobs one??

Personally, I vote for the just hobnob one (after all, they are my favourite biscuit) :D :D :D :D :D :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Hi Chris,

That "motto" wasn't really for the group - it's a common phrase that can be aimed at people who prefer to "yap on" about something rather that actually doing some work.

If you think we're in need of a motto, then I'm more than happy to get suggestions in from any members - though I think we should keep it related to BOINC, rather than HobNobs....as some people won't understand it !!

So, git yer thinking caps on and hopefully someone can come up with a straightforward and succinct phrase that we can adopt... :)

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Thanks, Woodles and good idea, Tim