UBT daily credits nearing 1 billion per day :)

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

UBT daily credits nearing 1 billion per day :)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I was interested in looking at how many credits UBT earns each day and I was very surprised to learn from BOINCstats.com here:

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/ ... /bestxdays

that 4 of our best days have been the last 4 and our best 5 were within the last 10 days!!

Date                 Credit
2014-08-30 771,197,843
2014-08-31 631,067,748
2014-08-29 610,692,727
2014-08-28 449,600,052
2014-08-21 428,431,304

So, it got me thinking....is it possible that if we can carry on, we'll hit the 1 billion credits per day mark ?

Anyone want to guess when we'll be able to hit that mark ?

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Tim,

Since BU credits are now ~99% of our total, I reckon that if the main BU crunchers delay reporting one days results and upload two days in one go then we'll easily hit 1 billion credits for that day :D ... so long as Jerry (MyShortPencil, visiting from SETI USA) is still here at the time!

If you mean regularly, then I think we're a week or so off, again, with Jerry still crunching.

Without Jerry, I reckon we'll soon be at ~750 million a day.

Mark
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

In my best 'Monty Python - I remember  t'day when...'

Check out this post from just 7 years ago!

http://forum.ukboincteam.com/viewtopic.php?t=1566

We were chuffed to get 1 million a day never mind a billion!

Seems like Tim owes us a large amount of Hob nobs!

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikee wrote:In my best 'Monty Python - I remember  t'day when...'

Check out this post from just 7 years ago!

http://forum.ukboincteam.com/viewtopic.php?t=1566

We were chuffed to get 1 million a day never mind a billion!
Ey yup laddie....

Looks like we've come a long way since then...jeez....hasn't time flown by.....and the total credit scores are now very, very different, by a huge factor....
Seems like Tim owes us a large amount of Hob nobs!

Mike
Well, Mike - I looked in the cupboard and the chocolate Hobnobs packet was gone - I think either that it was eaten by a "Killer Bunny", or it's possible that the choccy coating on the biks became so runny in the previous 7 years of warm weather and being cooped up next to some hard-working CPU's, that the cat's eaten it....

acknowledgement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_Shop_sketch

So, I might just have to go out and get me some Venezuelan Beaver Cheese and offer crunchers that, assuming they can hit the 1 billion mark ;)

If that's not so suitable, then I'll offer some confection from the Whizzo Chocolate Company...Crunchy Frog anyone ?

regards
Tim
myshortpencil
SETI.USA member

Post by myshortpencil »

According to http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/list/, UBT made over 1 billion credits, today -- a new record--and you are the first UK team to make 1 billion credits a day. :)
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

myshortpencil wrote:According to http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/list/, UBT made over 1 billion credits, today -- a new record--and you are the first UK team to make 1 billion credits a day. :)
Well spotted! That's a milestone to be celebrated! We're also up to 15th in the world. Our highest ever position was 12th so it would be nice to get that again.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

myshortpencil wrote:According to http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/list/, UBT made over 1 billion credits, today -- a new record--and you are the first UK team to make 1 billion credits a day. :)
:wav:  

Well done team!!!

Oh, and Jerry, as a special thank you for all the hard work that you've contributed to our cause so far, I'm prepared to give you my share of the Venezuelan Beaver Cheese, it only seems fair. :D

James.
myshortpencil
SETI.USA member

Post by myshortpencil »

Joshrandom wrote:Oh, and Jerry, as a special thank you for all the hard work that you've contributed to our cause so far, I'm prepared to give you my share of the Venezuelan Beaver Cheese, it only seems fair. :D

James.
Hmmm?  Can I exchange that for some Red Leicester?  No?  How about Tilsit?  Nada.  Well, then, what about . . . .

TSBT made 1 billion team credits a day -- just a few hours after UBT became the first team in the UK to do that.  :D

The stats are kind of interesting.  For Boinc Stats,
http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/list/
on 9/6/2014, UBT crunched 1,177,570,088 credits to TSBT's 989,501,909.

For Free-DC stats,
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=boincteams#,
on 9/6/2014, UBT crunched 1,247,883,031 credits to TSBT's 1,085,825,341.

It was a photo finish! :)

Jerry
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Well done team, looks like I was a few days off on my prediction :) Never mind, one time I'm glad to be wrong :D
myshortpencil wrote:It was a photo finish! :)

Jerry
A close run thing!

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Sorry I missed the big happening - been offline, moving firniture and having a clear-out :(

Nice to see we did actually hit the 1 billion....and BEFORE TSBT too  8)

So, now I'm sorted out, furniture and work-wise, time for me to start putting on a few more credits.....and maybe, we can "take TSBT down"...as they now seem happy with the number of daily credits they are producing...so perhaps we've lulled them into a false sense of security.... ;)

We shall see.

regards, well done and THANK YOU to everyone on the team
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

UBT - Mikee wrote:We're also up to 15th in the world. Our highest ever position was 12th so it would be nice to get that again.

Mike
Seventh by RAC at the moment, anything's possible :shock:
UBT - Timbo wrote:Nice to see we did actually hit the 1 billion....and BEFORE TSBT too  8)
Not only hit it but we seem to be maintaining it as well http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/ ... 4/lastDays last two days have both been over 1 billion :D
UBT - Timbo wrote:So, now I'm sorted out, furniture and work-wise, time for me to start putting on a few more credits
Just when I was beginning to catch you as well  :(
UBT - Timbo wrote:.....and maybe, we can "take TSBT down"...as they now seem happy with the number of daily credits they are producing...so perhaps we've lulled them into a false sense of security.... ;)
OK, that's a suitable excuse :D

Mark
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

UBT have topped 1 billion total credits in four out of the last five days - http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/ ... 4/lastDays

Most of it, I hasten to add, due to our visiting american cousin ... but I'm sure we can manage a couple of our own once he (sadly) departs for his continuing wandering :)
myshortpencil
SETI.USA member

Post by myshortpencil »

UBT - Mikee wrote:We're also up to 15th in the world. Our highest ever position was 12th so it would be nice to get that again.

Mike
13th!  http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=boincteams#

Jerry
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

myshortpencil wrote:13th!  http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=boincteams#

Jerry
Hi Jerry (and everyone else),

It very much looks like we can do quite nicely in the overall rankings...I would wager that we could get into the Top 10.....

Sadly the Top 6 teams are all doing far better than us, credits wise.....and we have some way to go, to overtake TSBT, before we need to consider the next 3 or 4 teams.

But bit by bit, we'll carry on and see where we get to :)

regards
Tim
myshortpencil
SETI.USA member

Post by myshortpencil »

12th!  And ahead of TSBT.  http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=boincteams#

A couple of more days and I'm off to Seti-Germany.  

As an aside, I noticed that I have crunched around 8 billion credits for your team, which is more than I've done for my own team since joining in 2006.  I don't know how I'm going to explain this.  :(

But, it's nice seeing the UK teams next to each other and at the top of the team rankings.  :)  Keep up the good work!
megacruncher
The Scottish BOINC Team member

Post by megacruncher »

Congratulations on reclaiming the UK title. :banghead: :wink:
We will do our best to win it back. :) Especially once your American visitor departs.
Let's hope that Thursday does not leave both our teams without any worthwhile national rivals.
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

myshortpencil wrote:12th!  And ahead of TSBT.  http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=boincteams#

A couple of more days and I'm off to Seti-Germany.
Thanks for the lift Jerry, not too proud to admit that we'd have fallen way behind without your considerable help.
myshortpencil wrote:As an aside, I noticed that I have crunched around 8 billion credits for your team, which is more than I've done for my own team since joining in 2006.  I don't know how I'm going to explain this.  :(
That means that in the few weeks you've been with us you've earned the team almost twice as much credit as any other team member...ever...:shock:
myshortpencil wrote:But, it's nice seeing the UK teams next to each other and at the top of the team rankings.  :)  Keep up the good work!
We'll try, although I don't expect it'll take TSBT too long to overturn the lead you've given us. That said, I would like to think that our weight of numbers will count in the end.

James.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

myshortpencil wrote:12th!  And ahead of TSBT.  http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=boincteams#
Mainly through your efforts. We'd still be trailing by a massive margin if you hadn't returned, thanks for making things more balanced while we re-grouped.
myshortpencil wrote:As an aside, I noticed that I have crunched around 8 billion credits for your team, which is more than I've done for my own team since joining in 2006.  I don't know how I'm going to explain this.  :(

But, it's nice seeing the UK teams next to each other and at the top of the team rankings.  :)  Keep up the good work!
Congratulations, that qualifies you as a honary permanent member regardless of where your future crunching lies.

Re. the rest of your team, maybe they won't notice? :D
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

megacruncher wrote:Congratulations on reclaiming the UK title. :banghead: :wink:
We will do our best to win it back. :) Especially once your American visitor departs.
Let's hope that Thursday does not leave both our teams without any worthwhile national rivals.
I'm sure you'll be back on top in a short time ... hopefully not for too long though :) No matter what happens on Thursday, you'll always be our traditional 'enemies' and the fight will only move to international waters (heaven forbid the wrong decision is made!)
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Joshrandom wrote:That means that in the few weeks you've been with us you've earned the team almost twice as much credit as any other team member...ever...:shock:
Don't tell everyone! :shock:
Joshrandom wrote:That said, I would like to think that our weight of numbers will count in the end.
Slow and steady, we'll get there in the end :D
megacruncher

Post by megacruncher »

Woo Hoo! We have regained our lead!
All that remains to be done now is to try and remain in the same country.  :shock:  It's going to be a long night!
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

megacruncher wrote:Woo Hoo! We have regained our lead!
All that remains to be done now is to try and remain in the same country.  :shock:  It's going to be a long night!
Hi Willie,

Not for long ;) ;)

And whaddya mean "remain in the same COUNTRY" ???

Dunna know aboot yoo, but, as far as I know England and Scotland are different countries, UNLESS TSBT has political aims and you're gonna stage an annexation of us poor English people who currently are subsiding the Scottish Health service !!

Seriously though, I think Scotland should be independant....if only due to self-determination. Scotland has been part of the Union for a very long time and things change...so good luck if that's what the majority vote for :)

BTW: Which way did you vote ?

regards
Tim
megacruncher

Post by megacruncher »

For Boinc purposes we are in the same country.

Outwith that I would regard Scotland and England as separate Nations within the one State.

I was a no. I'm very happy being Scottish & British (and European) and like the slogan says think that we are Better Together. We'll all be poorer in lots of ways for a separation.

But anyway the people have spoken so we just need to discover what they said.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

megacruncher wrote:For Boinc purposes we are in the same country.
No worries.

To be honest, I just wish we could all settle on just one description for our little band of islands......Great Britain, United Kingdom, British Isles - it's all a bit crazy... ;)

Outwith that I would regard Scotland and England as separate Nations within the one State.

I was a no. I'm very happy being Scottish & British (and European) and like the slogan says think that we are Better Together. We'll all be poorer in lots of ways for a separation.

I have to say that I was hoping that the vote would be a Yes.....that doesn't mean that trade and relations between Scotland and the rest of our "islands" would change....but it would make some sort of sense for more devolution to occur and "independence" is just one extra step away.

OTOH, I think it'd be great if Alex Salmond gets a "bloody nose" out of this (if the vote is "No") - all his (and the SNP's) posturing over the last few years.....what will become of him, if he loses the vote ?

regards and Slainte mhath!
Tim
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

megacruncher wrote:Woo Hoo! We have regained our lead!
Well done to you and your team, just don't get too comfortable. ;)
megacruncher wrote:Outwith that I would regard Scotland and England as separate Nations within the one State.

I've always thought of myself as British, being as I have English and Scottish ancestry (as I imagine do most people on this island), and so I'm a little disappointed that this whole referendum is happening.  :cry:

I guess all we need now is for Mel Gibson to make an epic film about the heroic struggles of Owain Glyndŵr, and then we can all go our separate ways.   :(

James.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Joshrandom wrote:I've always thought of myself as British, being as I have English and Scottish ancestry (as I imagine do most people on this island), and so I'm a little disappointed that this whole referendum is happening.  :cry:

I guess all we need now is for Mel Gibson to make an epic film about the heroic struggles of Owain Glyndŵr, and then we can all go our separate ways.   :(

James.
Hi James,

You can keep your Mel Gibson; I'm waiting for Miranda Hart to play "Gráinne O'Malley", the Queen of the Irish !!

regards
Tim
megacruncher

Post by megacruncher »

Joshrandom wrote:
I've always thought of myself as British, being as I have English and Scottish ancestry (as I imagine do most people on this island), and so I'm a little disappointed that this whole referendum is happening.  :cry:

James.
It would have been worse to have not had it.

Anyway you might have heard that in the end it was a decisive No.

And at least 307 years after the Act of Union it now has, at least this side of the Border, a popular endorsement which is considerably more satisfactory than the markedly dodgy circumstances of the 1707 deal.

Rejoice!

Willie
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

megacruncher wrote:It would have been worse to have not had it.
Ah, no, I didn't make myself clear, I know it was necessary to hold the referendum, I'm just disappointed that it was necessary, if you see what I mean.
megacruncher wrote:Anyway you might have heard that in the end it was a decisive No.

And at least 307 years after the Act of Union it now has, at least this side of the Border, a popular endorsement which is considerably more satisfactory than the markedly dodgy circumstances of the 1707 deal.

Rejoice!

Willie
Unfortunately I don't think the proposed Devo-max is going to be too popular down here in Englandshire, so I wouldn't be too surprised to find that we've all got a little further to go before we can break out the champagne.  :?
UBT - Timbo wrote:Hi James,

You can keep your Mel Gibson; I'm waiting for Miranda Hart to play "Gráinne O'Malley", the Queen of the Irish !!

regards
Tim
:shock:

Now that would be something to see.. :D

James.
megacruncher

Post by megacruncher »

Joshrandom wrote:
Unfortunately I don't think the proposed Devo-max is going to be too popular down here in Englandshire, so I wouldn't be too surprised to find that we've all got a little further to go before we can break out the champagne.  :?

James.
There was no mention of Devo-Max on my ballot paper!

It's a shame that Cameron, Clegg and Millipede panicked and made their Daily Record "vow" rather than just trusting us to say no to independence.

In 1997 I voted no for devolution thinking that the deal on offer was an asymmetrical unstable arrangement that would lead to independence.

Some of the recent talk on both Tory & Labour sides of a Federal Solution (John Redwood adopting a 90 year old Liberal policy FFS!) is very encouraging.

The first thing Cameron should do is force thru an Act barring Scottish MPs voting on England only matters (only Liebour have not yet signed up to this) then we could get on with rebalancing the constitution and another 307 happy years!
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

megacruncher wrote:In 1997 I voted no for devolution thinking that the deal on offer was an asymmetrical unstable arrangement that would lead to independence.
I had the same concerns, but, strangely enough, nobody asked me for my opinion. :(
megacruncher wrote:Some of the recent talk on both Tory & Labour sides of a Federal Solution (John Redwood adopting a 90 year old Liberal policy FFS!) is very encouraging.

The first thing Cameron should do is force thru an Act barring Scottish MPs voting on England only matters (only Liebour have not yet signed up to this) then we could get on with rebalancing the constitution and another 307 happy years!
I'm a lot more pessimistic about the whole issue at the moment. Stopping Scottish MPs voting on England only issues means potential political instability further down the road, for example if a UK government needs its Scottish MPs to make up a majority in Westminster. Then there's the question of what exactly are "England only issues" since what happens in England is going to effect everyone in the UK either directly or indirectly in some way. :?

Personally I'd be pleasantly surprised if the UK manages to hold itself together for another 30 years, let alone 300.  :confused3:

James.