15th WCG Birthday Challenge

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
Terminator

15th WCG Birthday Challenge

Post by Terminator »

Dear members of UK BOINC Team ,

For Nov 16th to Nov 22nd 2019 SETI.Germany is arranging a challenge at World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 15th birthday:

We would like to invite UK BOINC Team to participate in the challenge and hope that your team and many members of your team will be joining and participting this event.
!!Be aware, only your WCG-Team-Captain can join your team to the challenge!!
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team ... ngeId=9700

More information and statistics regarding the challenge can be found here.http://www.seti-germany.de/wcg/1_en_Welcome.html

Your participation is very much appreciated.

Best regards
Terminator
SETI.Germany
chriscambridge
Active UBT Contributor 1+ yr

Re: 15th WCG Birthday Challenge

Post by chriscambridge »

BOINC message system is not for SETI-germany SPAM messages..
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

I've entered the Team for this Challenge, so all you need do is to crunch some WCG tasks during the dates specified and your credits will be included in the team total.

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

chriscambridge wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:44 pm BOINC message system is not for SETI-germany SPAM messages..
Hi Chris

This isn't a spam message - it's a kind invitation from Terminator (on behalf of S.Germany) for UBT to participate in their forthcoming WCG Challenge.

Terminator has sent us many invitations in the past, both directly through this forum and also to me via PM on various BOINC projects, so it is 100% legitimate.

regards
Tim
chriscambridge
Active UBT Contributor 1+ yr

Post by chriscambridge »

This forum is not the BOINC message system.

Any unsolicited message sent to me on that system is SPAM and is unwarranted; shame on anyone that sends it.

Messages that you have allowed from your own Team's founder is one thing, SPAM messages from other teams is quite another.

I won't be participating in anymore SETI-Germany events because of this.