SETI@home WOW! event for 2018

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

SETI@home WOW! event for 2018

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

I've received the following message about the above event.
SETI.Germany invite UK BOINC Team (and it's members) to the SETI@Home Wow!-Event 2018. It takes place from 15th August, 16.00 UTC, until 29th August 2018, 16.00 UTC.

We cordially ask all team leaders to forward the invitation to their team. Information about the Wow! Race 2018, an exciting race concept and a registration form can be found here:

http://www.seti-germany.de/Wow/anmeldung.php?&lang=en

SETI.Germany wishes you and your team members much fun with the Wow! Event 2018.

Many Greetings: Terminator
So, if you want to join in, visit the above registration page - you just need your SETI username and SETI user ID and then choose which of the 12 "virtual" teams you want your efforts to be associated with.

Note this is not a Team event, it is for individuals...

It also slightly clashes with the #13 FB Sprint from 23rd-26th August... :-(

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: SETI@home WOW! event for 2018

Post by Woodles »

I don't do SETI :(
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:31 pm I don't do SETI :(
Hi Mark

No worries - there's a Sprint towards the end of the WOW event, so that might give you something else to look forwards to ;-)

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

A bit later than usual, but this is how we fared in the SETI WOW event.

Two members participated, namely rimmer66 and ubt - penny and between them they ensured that UBT finished in a highly respectable 58th place out of 93 and earning 178,126 credits during the two weeks that the WOW event took place.

https://www.seti-germany.de/Wow/stats_t ... eam=112288

We would have scored a Top 20 placing, if we had earned more than 3,289,384 credits. :-)

https://www.seti-germany.de/Wow/stats_t ... r=&lang=de

So, many thanks to both for saving the blushes of the Team and making sure we didn't end up with "nul point" ;-)

If I hadn't been so busy at work, I would have switched a couple of GPUs onto this project and it would have helped you both.

regards
Tim