(Old) Forum issues ?

Some posts were created and related to the v2.x forum, that was held on the previous domain. These posts have now been moved to this section, in order to prevent any confusion about which forum is being discussed.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

(Old) Forum issues ?

Postby UBT - Timbo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:13 pm

Hi all,

I've been getting a couple of "404 - page not found" errors, when trying to login to the forum.

Plus a few CGI issues, when going from section to section.

If anyone else has this issue, can you log the time and date and which error and when you get a chance, post it here.

I've been in touch with Darren and with luck he can fix it. We're also talking about giving the place a lick of paint....so, be patient and we'll see what we can do :)

regards
Tim

Woodles
Formula-BOINC Sprint contributor

Re: Forum issues ?

Postby Woodles » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:53 pm

UBT - Timbo wrote:Hi all,

I've been getting a couple of "404 - page not found" errors, when trying to login to the forum.

Plus a few CGI issues, when going from section to section.

If anyone else has this issue, can you log the time and date and which error and when you get a chance, post it here.

I've been in touch with Darren and with luck he can fix it. We're also talking about giving the place a lick of paint....so, be patient and we'll see what we can do :)

regards
Tim

Hi Tim,

I've been getting a LOT of CGI messages the past couple of days (better today), not had a 404 yet though.

I also noticed that when trying to preview a reply earlier tonight all I got was my signature. It posted correctly though.

I'll keep a note of dates, times and errors from now on.

Mark

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Forum issues ?

Postby UBT - Timbo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Woodles wrote:Hi Tim,

I've been getting a LOT of CGI messages the past couple of days (better today), not had a 404 yet though.

I also noticed that when trying to preview a reply earlier tonight all I got was my signature. It posted correctly though.

I'll keep a note of dates, times and errors from now on.

Mark

Thanks Mark.

Darren has sent a report to 1 and 1 (the webhosting company) and hopefully the CGI stuff is either a server issue or maybe a bandwidth issue. But with luck, it should "go away"....but like all these things, logging when it happens means that we can check the server logs and maybe nail the problem down more quickly.

Fingers crossed it's just an anomaly, though it has only been happening for no more than maybe a week or so ?

regards
Tim

Woodles

Postby Woodles » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:14 am

No CGI issues today (yet) but I had another instance of a post preview not showing up at 09:07 today in the 'ebay listings of BFL / R-Boxes etc' forum, post 100284. I could preview the previous reply without posting it with no problems.

EDIT:
Going back and attempting to edit it shows the same problem, signature but nothing else and an empty edit box - 09:15 Other posts of mine were fine.

EDIT EDIT:
But the next time it was alright - 09:18

Mark

Woodles

Postby Woodles » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:48 pm

... and another empty preview box today when I was checking a message - Team Chat area, Bitcoin Utopia thread, post 100328 at 15:45

Everything else seems fine now.

Woodles

Postby Woodles » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:54 am

And again today. Blank preview page at 8:51 when posting in Team chat / Ebay listings. Message 100348.

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Postby UBT - Timbo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:03 am

Woodles wrote:And again today. Blank preview page at 8:51 when posting in Team chat / Ebay listings. Message 100348.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this :)

TBH, I've not used the "preview" function until yesterday and I had the same issue, in that there was none of my "ramblings" shown - just a blank box.

So, I'll report this to Darren as well.

regards
Tim

Woodles

Postby Woodles » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:15 am

UBT - Timbo wrote:
Woodles wrote:And again today. Blank preview page at 8:51 when posting in Team chat / Ebay listings. Message 100348.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this :)

TBH, I've not used the "preview" function until yesterday and I had the same issue, in that there was none of my "ramblings" shown - just a blank box.

So, I'll report this to Darren as well.

regards
Tim

Hi Tim,

No problems.

It's only some posts but I haven't bothered seeing if there's a common feature yet (too many quotes, nested quotes, hyperlinks etc)

Mark

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Postby UBT - Timbo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:34 pm

Hi all,

There were some forum access issues this morning - I'm not 100% sure as to why but the forum is working OK now.

I've sent an email to Darren so hopefully he can look into the cause and let me know.

Sorry for any inconvenience

regards
Tim

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: (Old) Forum issues ?

Postby UBT - Timbo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:51 pm

Hi all

It looks like the "OLD" forum has died.

All I see is:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in /homepages/6/d38964369/htdocs/forum.ubt/common.php:29 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/6/d38964369/htdocs/forum.ubt/index.php(26): include() #1 {main} thrown in /homepages/6/d38964369/htdocs/forum.ubt/common.php on line 29

Anyone else confirm this?

regards
Tim

UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Postby UBT - Mikee » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:56 pm

Yes - it started happening a couple of weeks ago but I assumed John had started updating so hadn't mentioned it.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Postby UBT - Timbo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:04 pm

UBT - Mikee wrote:Yes - it started happening a couple of weeks ago but I assumed John had started updating so hadn't mentioned it.

Mike

Hi Mike

John admins the ubtstats.co.uk website (although the promied updates haven't happened yet).

The "old" forum (at forum.ukboincteam.com) admin was Darren.

I *think* that something has happened on either the database server, or the ukboincteam.com domain - and as I've not heard back from Darren, your guess is as good as mine as to what's happened :-(

regards
Tim

Return to “Old forum-related posts”