Joke Thread

Here's the place to post all sorts of games, quizzes, or interactive competitions etc for forum members to join in with....
hgblade
UBT Contributor

Post by hgblade » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:14 pm

I went to my local Tesco Express today where I know all the staff, and was told they'd had endless people poking fun.

However, I didn't help. At the checkout on being asked if I wanted a carrier bag I replied "Neigh"  :roll:  Best I could come up with at that moment!

UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Horsey, Horsey, don't you stop
You'll end up in a Tesco shop...

david

Post by david » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:41 am

The Australian Poetry Competition had come down to two finalists - a university graduate and an old aboriginal.

They were given a word, then allowed two minutes to study the word and come up with a poem that contained the word.

The word was ' TIMBUKTU '

First to read his poem was the university graduate. He stepped to the microphone and said:

Slowly across the desert sand,
Trekked a lonely caravan;
Men on camels two by two,
Destination Timbuktu .

The crowd went crazy! No way could the old man top that, they thought.

The aboriginal calmly made his way to the microphone and recited:

Me and Tim a huntin' went,
Met three whores in a pop up tent;
They were three, and we were two,
So I bucked one, and tim buktu.

The aboriginal won hands down.

David

UBT - Chris Suddick

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:08 am

We haven't had a joke for a while so...

A nice, calm and respectable lady went into the pharmacy, walked up to the pharmacist, looked straight into his eyes, and said, "I would like to buy some cyanide."

The pharmacist asked, "Why in the world do you need cyanide?"

The lady replied, "I need it to poison my husband."

The pharmacist's eyes got big and he explained, "Lord have mercy! I can't give you cyanide to kill your husband, that's against the law. I'll lose my licence! They'll throw both of us in jail! All kinds of bad things will happen. Absolutely not! You CANNOT have any cyanide!"  

The lady reached into her handbag and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist's wife.

The pharmacist looked at the picture and replied, "You didn't tell me you had a prescription."

UBT-mark3346
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT-mark3346 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:17 am

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

hgblade
UBT Contributor

Post by hgblade » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:45 pm

"Give it to me ... please", she implored. "Give it to me ... I'm so f***ing wet ... NOW. Give it to me NOW!!!!"

Well, she could scream as much she liked, but I'm still keeping the umbrella. (What did you think I was on about???)

UBT - Chris Suddick

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:07 am

:D

That is very much like the kind of thing in '50 Sheds of Grey'...

I was excited but nervous. I’d finally been accepted into the BDSM community - Builders, Decorators and Shed Maintenance.

We each drop our keys into the bowl. Before long we’ll be entering a world of forbidden delights. God, I love these shed-swapping parties.

I looked down at her. She’d been on her hands and knees for an hour. Finally I spoke. ‘Are you sure you lost your contact lens in here?’

'You're obsessed!' she cried, storming out, 'You love this shed more than me!' Obsessed? Ridiculous. Shed be back. I mean, she'd be back…

We tried various positions- round the back, up against a wall, but the bottom of the garden was the only place for a really good shed.

She stood before me, naked in my shed. ‘I’m yours for today,’ she gasped, ‘You can do whatever you want with me.’ So I took her to Nando’s.

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:55 pm

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote::D

That is very much like the kind of thing in '50 Sheds of Grey'...
There's a few more quotes from this splendid book here:

http://www.dailydawdle.com/2012/07/hila ... ey-on.html

and check out their Twitter feed @50ShedsofGrey

UPDATE: Another good read is "50 Sheds of Hay" so check out this link:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/40616/50-shades-of-hay

regards
Tim

UBT - Chris Suddick

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:49 am

My wife caught me looking at a website of a disreputable nature the other day. She was furious. She said that if she ever caught me on the site again she'd bang my b****y head against the keyboard;klag;hw;erjkgh;hb;kjdfhb;khjitjhg;kdnb;klsjh;jhkldfnb/,zmcvn b/,dm'gaerhqijhqejhbldkfmb/lksdfjhwitjh'ksgnblkjsr;tjh'isjhb'ldfbjihb;jkbh;afkjbh;kjfb;kejhb;kjehb;kjadfnb;jkaehgpurthgmfnh.jfbgjkfbvnv;iorghrnbmf b.;adfkh b;a

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:31 pm

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:My wife caught me looking at a website of a disreputable nature the other day. She was furious. She said that if she ever caught me on the site again she'd bang my b****y head against the keyboard;klag;hw;erjkgh;hb;kjdfhb;khjitjhg;kdnb;klsjh;jhkldfnb/,zmcvn b/,dm'gaerhqijhqejhbldkfmb/lksdfjhwitjh'ksgnblkjsr;tjh'isjhb'ldfbjihb;jkbh;afkjbh;kjfb;kejhb;kjehb;kjadfnb;jkaehgpurthgmfnh.jfbgjkfbvnv;iorghrnbmf b.;adfkh b;a

You're not inferring that THIS site is "disreputable" are you ?? ;-)

(Else why would she be banging your head against the keyboard while you were writing that !!)

(/pedant mode)

regards
Tim

UBT - Chris Suddick

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:30 am

A Yorkshireman goes into the chemist and says, "Have you got any arse cream?"

The chemist replied, "Yes, Sir. We have Magnum or Cornetto."

UBT - Chris Suddick

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:47 am

On the news this morning...

Historical researchers have found evidence that William Tell and his family were very keen crown green bowlers. Unfortunately, most of the records have been destroyed and so we may never know for whom the Tells bowled.

rich2000k
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Post by rich2000k » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:14 am

The missus came home steaming drunk last night. "You up for some role-play action babe?" she asked with a wink."Not really" I replied. "Oh, come on" she said. "We can act out ANY scene, from ANY film you want. Walking over to her with a huge smile on my face, I noticed her expression change. She had realised her mistake; however it was too late. Where I had previously seen arousal in her eyes, I now saw only blind terror...as I shouted: "THIS... IS... SPARTA!" and kicked her down the stairs.

UBT - Chris Suddick

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:30 am

A woman goes into the fishmonger and says, "I'd like a pound of cod please."

"I'm afraid we're out of cod at the moment, ma'am" said the fishmonger.

"Are you sure?"

"Quite sure. I sold the last piece just 20 minutes ago."

"Can you just check in the back and see if you've got a small piece left?"

The fishmonger goes out to the back and returns 30 seconds later. "There's definitely no cod out there" he said.

"Are you really sure?"

"Yes I am sure and I can prove it. How many Ds are there in 'haddock'?"

"Two" said the woman a little confused.

"How many Es are there in 'herring'?"

"One" said the woman.

"And how many Fs are there in 'Cod'?"

"But there is no F in cod" said the woman.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you for the last five minutes" said the fishmonger triumphantly.

Zydor
UBT Contributor (Retired)

Post by Zydor » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:21 pm

rofl ...... nice one

.... and so regrettably true in this Age of self inflated ego's :)

UBT - Chris Suddick

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:22 am

His Lordship was in the study at Downton Abbey when Carson, the butler, approached and coughed discreetly.

"May I ask you a question my lord?"

"Go ahead Carson” said his lordship.

"I am doing the crossword in The Times and I have found a word I am not too clear on."

"What word is that?" asked his lordship.

"Aplomb”, my lord.

"Now that's a difficult one to explain.  I would say it is self-assurance or complete composure."

"Thank you, my lord, but I'm still a little confused."

"Let me give you an example to make it clearer. Do you remember a few months ago the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrived to spend a weekend with us?"

”I remember the occasion very well, my lord.  It gave the staff and me much pleasure to look after them.”

”Also”, continued the Earl of Grantham, “do you remember Will picked a rose for Kate in the rose garden?”

”I was present on that occasion, my lord, ministering to their needs.”

”While plucking the rose, a thorn embedded itself in his thumb very deeply.”

Carson replied, “I witnessed the incident, my lord, and saw the Duchess herself remove the thorn and bandage his thumb with her own dainty handkerchief.”

”That evening the pr*ck on his thumb was so sore, at dinner Kate had to cut up his venison from our own estate, even though it was extremely tender.”

”Yes, my lord, I did see everything that transpired that evening.”

“The next morning while you were pouring coffee for Her Ladyship, Kate enquired of Will with a loud voice, 'Darling, is your pr*ck still throbbing?' And you, Carson, did not spill one drop of coffee!  Now that is aplomb!”

UBT - Chris Suddick

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:40 am

I don't know who is responsible for the censorship on this forum but I do think it is set a little high. In my previous post I used the word 'p-r-i-c-k' a few times with the meaning of 'to jab' and it kept changing it to 'pluck' which, in certain circumstances, is a reasonable alternative. But it can ruin a good joke! It's not as if it's a particularly rude word either, even when used in other contexts.

Chris.

UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:29 pm

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:I don't know who is responsible for the censorship on this forum but I do think it is set a little high. In my previous post I used the word 'p-r-i-c-k' a few times with the meaning of 'to jab' and it kept changing it to 'pluck' which, in certain circumstances, is a reasonable alternative. But it can ruin a good joke! It's not as if it's a particularly rude word either, even when used in other contexts.

Chris.
[off topic] We had this argument several years ago - http://forum.ukboincteam.com/viewtopic. ... censorship - I had a separate rant but I can't find it just at the mo. Personally, I think we should switch off the profanity filter now as the forum is mature enough to take it. I doubt anyone under 18 would be offended by anything said here.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:28 am

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:I don't know who is responsible for the censorship on this forum but I do think it is set a little high. In my previous post I used the word 'p-r-i-c-k' a few times with the meaning of 'to jab' and it kept changing it to 'pluck' which, in certain circumstances, is a reasonable alternative. But it can ruin a good joke! It's not as if it's a particularly rude word either, even when used in other contexts.

Chris.
Hi Chris,

The forum uses a small number of replacement words, for those extreme words that are not very nice to be displayed on a forum that is supposed to be about mostly BOINC projects....

...and there are plenty of other forums and websites where all manner of language is expressed and tolerated.

However, I have to agree with you on the subject of the word "prick", which is (I think) only mildly offensive, so I've removed that one....and I also removed the word "prat" as that too isn't really that offensive.

Hope that's OK.

regards
Tim

UBT - Rick Horn
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Rick Horn » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:14 am

UBT - Timbo wrote:

Chris.
Hi Chris,

The forum uses a small number of replacement words, for those extreme words that are not very nice to be displayed on a forum that is supposed to be about mostly BOINC projects....

...and there are plenty of other forums and websites where all manner of language is expressed and tolerated.

However, I have to agree with you on the subject of the word "prick", which is (I think) only mildly offensive, so I've removed that one....and I also removed the word "prat" as that too isn't really that offensive.

Hope that's OK.

regards
Tim
The word "prat" could be offensive if your name happens to be Prat or Pratt, (like my ex boss.)  :D