Happy Birthday Penny

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Happy Birthday Penny

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Penny

Many happy returns for today !! :occasion-balloons: :occasion-birthday: :occasion-birthdaymulticolor:

Hope you have a great day :occasion-cake: :occasion-gift: :happy-wavemulticolor:

regards
Tim
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Re: Happy Birthday Penny

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Thankyou Tim! We were away for the weekend (went to the Duxford Air Show on Sat) so only just back on the PC today to see your greetings.
Penny
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Happy Birthday Penny

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Penny

Hope you had a good day at Duxford - when I lived in Cambridge, I went there a couple of times, as it was always a "good day out" with plenty to see and do...just walking around the exhibition halls was great, plus the "Airshow" was always worth seeing, as long as it wasn't raining.

One year, they had a Euro fighter visit and as it came over from the East, and as it approached the spectator viewing area, the pilot "stuck it on it's tail" and went vertical....the sound was awesome and the plane shot up so quickly, defying gravity and all - before you knew it, (in seconds) it was way, way out of sight above. :o

If you liked Duxford, then you might like the Little Gransden Airshow, (on 29th Aug 2021) which raises funds for Children In Need and local charities. It's a much smaller event, and they have a few flyovers from visiting aircraft of various vintages...one year I saw the Vulcan do 3 or 4 flypasts at very low altitude...at a few hundred feet, literally....I saw it on it's first approach and it looked like a flying house, it was so big !!! And as it left, the roar from it's engines was incredible...!

https://www.littlegransdenairshow.co.uk/

regards
Tim