Collatz disappeared from signature.

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Collatz disappeared from signature.

Post by Jeffers »

I've noticed that my signature no longer lists Collatz.
Dunno why, I've not changed anything that I'm aware of.
Any ideas?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Collatz disappeared from signature.

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Jeff

I think you might have changed something as your Jeffers account now shows an increase of over 1.2b credits,

https://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user ... rojectList

and your Jeff Bulmer account shows a decrease for a similar amount:

https://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user ... rojectList

So, have you changed email addresses...or maybe Collatz has had a headache ??

regards
Tim
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

I did look at trying to merge the accounts some time ago but couldn't get it to work at the time.
The only activity I've had on the account management side has been when I've joined or re-activated projects for the sprints. I'll take another look.....
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Jeff

The one factor that allows you to group all the project stats together is your email address...

So, just log into each project and then use the "change email address" function to use the SAME email address as you do with the accounts that already exist under any specific username.

It doesn't matter if you have different user names...but if you want to change those at the same time, then you can. Then just wait and eventually the "Cross-project IDs" will merge onto a common number.

AFAIK, you cannot merge two different accounts on the same project....so if one account is "Jeffers" and has 5,000 credits and the other is "Jeff B" and has 10,000 credits, then you cannot merge them to make one account with 15,000 credits.

regards
Tim
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

I haven't changed any e-mail addresses but, as an exercise, I'm going to go through my project accounts and get the user names all the same, see what that does.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Jeff.

One issue you might come across is that some projects have now stopped and hence BOINCstats will "remember" the Cross-Project ID (CP-ID) for those accounts that you had, (based on the last time the stats from those projects was actually accessible). But that might be a different CP-ID, compared to any active projects that are still going (and the active CP-ID associated with them).

Another factor, is that some active projects may update their records database and so your CP-IDs might change or shift to another record within the BOINCstats database.

If you still get stuck and need this fixing, you could always email Willy at BOINCstats and he might be able to resolve it for you.

regards
Tim
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

As you can see, things are getting stranger. The main Boinc Stats page now seems to show pretty much all my credits, at around 1.6 billion. But even less is now appearing in the signature panel. I've checked settings but I can't fathom out what's wrong.... it was all OK up to a few weeks ago.