Happy Birthday to the Team

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Happy Birthday to the Team

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

I'm a bit late with this as I was away on the actual day.

Basically, UBT has celebrated another birthday, this time it is 14.

It was originally set up on 23rd June 2004, so UBT is well into being a teenager, with all the possible issues and dramas ahead of it (NOT !!).

And the very first project that started getting members to join was SETI@home:

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_dis ... mid=112288

So, feel free to celebrate in whichever way you prefer and offer a small toast to some of the members who (I believe) haven't lived long enough to celebrate with us (such as: RodEllery, Rockinfroggi, RamRaider) as well as some of the original members who have moved away from BOINC for their own reasons (Temujin, Darren, Rick Horn, joshrandom, Zydor, Halifax-lad, martle, BHCJackie, etc etc).

I'm going to have a nice glass of dark fruit cider this evening, probably sitting on my patio decking and thinking back to the "good old days", when BOINC was new and exciting.

all the best to everyone, past and present
Tim

EDIT: Corrected age - I must be getting old :-(
UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Re: Happy Birthday to the Team

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

Well, on the strength of that I think I might just open a bottle tonight. Always on the lookout for a good excuse.

Happy birthday to one and all (especially Tim whose hard work has made all this possible.)

Chris.
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Re: Happy Birthday to the Team

Post by Jeffers »

I've been around for most of that time, I was still working full time then.
Now happily retired and just doing a bit of part-time work for pocket (i.e. beer!) money.
I'd forgotten about the former members Tim mentioned, I believe I had some contact with at least one of them, Halifax-lad springs to mind, as that is where I live now.
Long may it continue.