Just thought I'd mention some tips for people to consider using when visiting the forum:
1) Get your browser to remember your login details Iusername and password) and then you can fully explore all the relevant sections.
2) Click on the "Quick links" at the top left of the forum (just under the forum "banner/logo") and you can see all the new postings since your last visit - or see other info about other postings and/or members.
3) Following on from the above, find the link as above, then scroll down to the link of high interest to you and then right click on it - then "Copy link address" to the clipboard. You can then copy this to your desktop and create a hot link so you can instantly check for any (say) "New posts" straight from the shortcut.
4) You can do the same with any topic title too....just right click on the "Subject" and copt the link as above.
5) Set your User Profile to email you with notifications of any specific topic you are following. Go to "Profile" at top right.
Then goto "Edit profile" > "Board Preferences" > "Edit notification options" - and here you can adjust whichever preference you have from a whole raft of options:
NOTIFICATION TYPE NOTIFICATIONS EMAIL
User requiring activation
Someone replies to a topic you have bookmarked
Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed
Someone quotes you in a post
Someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed
A post or topic needs approval
Someone reports a post
Someone requests to join a group you lead
Someone sends you a private message
6) Whenever you CREATE a new posting, at the bottom left of the edit screen is an option to "Notify me when a reply is posted" - this is helpful if you are awaiting a reply to something that you have a query about.
7) For every topic at the bottom of the posting is a picture of a "spanner" which is called "Topic tools" if you scroll your mouse over the icon. Selecting this allows you to susbscribe to a topic to receive a notifications about any further postings to the topic."
I'll add more to this list, once I can think of some other tips