Out till Thursday

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Glenn
UBT Contributor

Out till Thursday

Post by UBT - Glenn »

Hi Guys,

Thanks to the lovely storm last night I woke this morning to find that my fibre optic filter / phone socket had blown and also found that my Sky hub is dead as a do do. Have an engineer coming Thursday morning to fix the phone line and Sky are sending me their latest super duper Sky Hub 2.0 which is supposed to be better (I was one of the first people to have Sky fibre optic down south so had very old almost beta hardware along with the bt openreach modem that it connects to).

I've just thrown my mobile data on my phone so i could post this and let you know.

Speak soon and have a great bank holiday...Glenn
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Re: Out till Thursday

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything gets sorted first time for you.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Glenn

Sorry to hear that. Hope the engineer can get you back online without any further complicating issues.

regards
Tim
UBT - Glenn
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Glenn »

Hi Guys im back !!!!

Many thanks to Sky's super speedy courier delivery the new Sky Hub 2.0 arrived yesterday afternoon ( i was still on the original beta fibre optic bt openreach modem into Sky hub v1.0 - one of the first Sky Fibre Optic Unlimited Broadband customers before they even advertised their service).

The thunderstorm on Sunday woke me up @ 3am with almighty crashes and bangs going off. I stumbled in to the lounge very bleary eyed and being woken suddenly and sitting bolt upright in bed. The wife and daughter had been woken earlier. @ 3:20 there was an overhead flash that lit the whole bungalow up (all windows lit up) and an immediately crack of thunder that even made the dog growl ( thunder doesnt bother him - he can sleep thru it lol). the telephone then rang 3 times weirdly then nothing... the phone was dead. Fortunately i had turned my pc off before going to bed as being im a monitor for FlightRadar24 so have some very electrical sensitive equipment connected,

Went back to bed and when i got up in the morning switched the pc back on and low and behold the Sky hub was dead as a dodo. The daughters comment when i told we had no internet was " weve gone bac to the dark ages " lol...

Best wishes Glenn
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Welcome back Glenn, never been struck by lightning myself but I can imagine it was a scary experience.

Glad you're back from the dark ages :D

Mark