"Oh My God ..... My Plane just Crashed"

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Zydor

"Oh My God ..... My Plane just Crashed"

Post by Zydor »

US Airways Flight 1702 was heading to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, when the pilot was forced to abort take off around 6:30pm on Thursday after the front landing gear collapsed.

The passengers exited the aircraft rapidly as you would expect, and in the attached clip you can see the crashed aircraft, and people running in all directions - anywhere to get away from a potentially exploding aircraft. That's cool, can't fault that :)

Trouble was one of them was taking a Fraking Selfie on her mobile at the same time !!!!!!!

The insanity of this selfie obsession just beggars belief .... its like watching insane nutters with an IQ in single figures. Time lots of people grew up and looked beyond the selfie mania to more important things ..... like staying alive rofl :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ashed.html
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Zy,

I totally agree with you ;)

I think the problem is that the "media" whether it is TV, print, radio, etc are all looking to attract "viewers/readers/listeners" in order to fill their respective news programs/papers/webspace with "something".....and that has meant that even meaningless, trivial rubbish is now being given significant "coverage"....

And what's worse is when there IS a huge "happening" somewhere, all the media do is talk about that and nothing else..... :(

I'm getting to the point where I truly do not want to waste any of my precious time on such "outlets"...maybe I'm just getting old, but some things have gained such high levels of "front page news" that one really has to think that some people just need to "GET A LIFE"...!!

regards
Tim
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

What a fuss, it's not like a graphics card has packed up or a CPU burned out.
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

rofl :)
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris »

Well said, Mark :)
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D