UBT on Facebook / Twitter

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

UBT on Facebook / Twitter

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I'd just like to mention that UBT does have a presence on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ukboincteam/?fref=ts

as it seems that Google (and maybe other search engines) pagerank your website higher if it is linked to any social media websites.

So, please feel free to join the UBT FB group.

regards
Tim

(PS I've already linked the FB group back to here.... ;-) )
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Sat May 03, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Re: UBT on Facebook / Twitter

Post by Jeffers »

I've just checked, and I've been a member of the Facebook group for over a year! Not seen much activity there, though.....
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Jeffers wrote:I've just checked, and I've been a member of the Facebook group for over a year! Not seen much activity there, though.....
Hi Jeffers

There's not been much going on over there, simply down to a lack of original content from members.....and that includes myself :(.

However, I'm hoping that perhaps it might evolve and become more relevant, depending on input from those who join in.

At the end of the day, it's all down to how much time one spends on one's various "hobbies"...and if people spend time on FB, then nipping over to our FB page is easier than logging into the forum.

And having the FB group "promoted" here, helps more people to find us on Google. :)

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

I'm just "bumping" up this posting as yesterday the hosting servers for the forum had a bit of an issue, which resulted in it being very difficult to log into the forum. (it was nothing to do with the forum itself - just the service providers hosting platform that became "erratic" and "non-responsive").

And it got me thinking that IF there was a very bad issue and the forum failed for a significant period of time then you might not be able to get your "fix" of UBT.

So, hence this reminder:

We are on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ukboincteam/

And we are on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

So, please join in on these groups as a back-up, in case there is a recurrence of yesterdays "semi-outage".

regards
Tim
Rachael2022
UBT Contributor

Post by Rachael2022 »

Ooh great - I will follow those now - I have been chatting with a few people on twitter after searching Boinc there already.