Sad News: Member "RodEllery" has died (in Oct '09)

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Sad News: Member "RodEllery" has died (in Oct '09)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all, and esp to the original members of the team.

I was having a sort out of my Facebook friends list and noticed the following from over 2½ years ago:
Dear friend's of Rod's, it is with great sadness that I write this to you all.

On Thursday 22nd October (2009) my father suffered a suspected heart attack at our family home and failed to regain consciousness.

I am sure that each and everyone of you is as shocked as we are of this event and over the coming days I will be updating this message with details of his funeral and wake. We are not sure of the details yet so please be patient with us during this time.

I hope that you can all remember my dad for the warmth, love and generosity that he showed so many, and please make sure that you raise a glass, a tankard, or even a drinking horn in his memory.

To a great dad and loving husband to my mum Diana - We love and miss you with all our heart.

Diana, Tom and Rosie
Sadly, as the writer (Tom) was not on my friends list, so I missed his original message......

So, with due respect I will "retire" Rod's account.

I know that life is very transient - we can all be here today and yet tomorrow, it can be totally different....I've had my own health scare and there are others who may also have issues.

Keep safe and enjoy life while you can - we only have the one, so, let's enjoy it while we can.....and this weekend, perhaps raise a glass to Rod - he loved his real ale as much as anyone.

regards

Tim

(If you have FB, then PM me and I can give you a link to Rod's FB page).
(edited to correct code error, making the page look funny)
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Temujin

Re: Sad News: Member "RodEllery" has died (in Oct

Post by Temujin »

Sad to hear this, Rod was a well liked member here.
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

This is sad news.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Sad to hear this. Will raise a glass tonight,  :occasion5: Cheers Rod.
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Very sad news. I will raise a glass of his favourite brew tonight.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Sad to hear of this news, I don't pass by the forum often at the moment so have only just seen it