Computers and water

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Temujin

Computers and water

Post by Temujin »

I doubt this will surprise many of you but I can confirm that computers and water don't get on too well together.  Here in my office, I have 2 boinc computers sat by the wall behind where I sit at my desk, I've nowhere else to put them. They chug along, quietly fighting the air-conditioning with their GPUs.  Earlier this week one of these computers started to error all its WUs on correlizer and Moo! Wrapper. No worries, i'll put it back on CollatzCon and Simap, it always ran those ok. Nope, it's erroring those aswell.

I've just been sat at my desk working and I heard this little splash from behind me somewhere. Looked round and this errant computer has got a little puddle right on the join between the case and the front cover. Have a guess what's hanging off the wall above these 2 computers, only the aircon :D

The aircon empire has instigated a pre-emptive and dastardly attack in it's never ending battle against the GPU nation, and it has inflicted severe injuries on 50% of their forces. The GPU nation has made a tactical withdrawal (by a couple of feet) and is waiting for its injured troops to dry out before re-joining the battle. Come on GPU nation, you can do it!!!

:D:D
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

:wink:
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Time for the Big Guns having lulled the dastardly Aircon  :evil3:  to a false sense of coolness.  Time to wheel out the .......

.... Twin 6990 ....

That'll teach the swine .....   :laughing6:

Regards
Zy