Zydor Banned

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
mctooth

Zydor Banned

Post by mctooth »

:For some reason I have come up as being banned from the Team Forum when I try to log in.

He was doing some anti-spammer work, and it maybe he blocked a "block" of IPs, and I got caught up in it.

Very irritating - to put it mildly ...... I'm no spammer .... Grateful you post a "whats going on" query on the Forum Board. I'm posting this with several individuals as its now not easy to contact anyone, let alone admins.

Regards
Zy"

I am passing on the message as requested. If the issue has been resolved I hope our forum moderators can remove this thread
without banning me

Andy  :lol:  :lol:
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

There are ongoing problems with spambots using existing members user names and blocking genuine users from the forum.

Anyone in this situation should re-register using a different user name, and then PM Darren, who will sort everything out.
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Just to clear the air on this one - Darren was excellent, and he cleared it immediately.  It is an easy thing to do when carrying out anti-spam operations, there is no come back on Darren as far as I am concerned.

It will happen again with someone, its inevitable, just as its not Darrens fault. I well recognise it is going to happen during the ongoing fight against spammer morons, its life.

Regards
Zy
Darren

SORRY

Post by Darren »

Yes, sorry, this was my error.

Since about 30th December the forum has been "under attack" from someone who is trying to log in as a member.

They are trying to log in from proxy servers which makes it impossible to block.
I have banned over 2,000 IP addresses since it started and unfortunately 2 members, that I know about, have been accidentally banned.
I have unbanned them as soon as I could.
I would like to apologise to anyone who gets caught up in it.

All I can say to the person that is attacking the site is...

Just sign up as a member it would be so much easier for both of us.
Kevy

Post by Kevy »

Please, please don't go over to using CAPTCHA :(