Team Sig Column Size

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Zydor

Team Sig Column Size

Post by Zydor »

On the Team Signature Box, can you increase the Column Size for RAC by 2 digits?

Currently its x,xxx,x

Increase by two digits to: x,xxx,xxx

Regards
Zy
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Who's have thought that, when this team started, anyone could even think of having a RAC of over a 100,000 let alone a million!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Its arguable for longevity sake that a slightly different format is used for RAC and Totals, as even adding 2 digits is likely to be over run by someone within a year - already the top cruncher (.Steve) currently has a RAC of 13m+ with his large crunching farm, and lots around with 6/7/8/9 million

The 6990s early next year, and particularly the combined GPU/CPUs  (AMDs version being the APU) end 2011 will push crunching way high with everything on one chip. As soon as boxes start being filled with two of the latter beasts (and dual chip on a card .....), and even with a small(ish) farm of - say - four boxes, Totals / RAC will go way high.  Even two machines so equipped will likely reach at least 4-5million RAC, a Farm would likely outstrip another digit to 10,000,000+ by end 2011/early 2012

Possibly abreviate RAC and Totals for those above 1million to (say) x.xxxm - with the "m" for million being a charactor string add on.  That way the width of the sig does not become out of wack.  It would mean that the hundreds would not be seen, but at that level of Totals/RAC that would hardly be an issue for a Signature.

Such a change would last pretty much forever as a default template format   - thus saving messing with it every now and then [ increases will be exponential from 2011 onwards] with B preresenting a Billion, T representing a Trillion, a Q representing a Quadrillion, a P representing a Pentillion yaddie yadda

Regards
Zy
Darren

Post by Darren »

I have not looked at the code of the signature generator for a long time.
I never thought about anyone getting to a 7 digit rac.

I have increased the rac width and now yours fits nicely.

Maybe I'll re-visit it again and make it adaptive but not at the moment

Sorry it took so long but someone is pushing spam down the signature site so I am busy storing IP addresses on that one as well.

Darren
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Been away for 10 days due to work, and just got back into crunching.  Thanks for the efforts, appreciated  :thumbleft:

Regards
Zy