Credits rising....

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Localizer

Credits rising....

Post by Localizer »

Nearly a 10M.

How do we get the dormant members of the top 25 to start crunching again...?
Joshrandom

Re: Credits rising....

Post by Joshrandom »

Localizer wrote:Nearly a 10M.

Other than finding a way of reducing the price of the average kWh, I'm not too sure that there's an easy answer to that one.  :lol:

Seriously though, I think that Timby and Darren are merely taking a well earned break, and will no doubt be crunching again soon. The only really dormant member of our top 25 is MJH, but then he's never really been a very active cruncher (although when he does contribute, his output tends to put almost everyone else in the team to shame).  :wink:

James.
Localizer

Post by Localizer »

..... Completely understand, I could just see some heavyweight crunchers that had gone cold. Would be nice to crack that 10M soon though....
Ice

Post by Ice »

Localizer wrote:..... Completely understand, I could just see some heavyweight crunchers that had gone cold. Would be nice to crack that 10M soon though....
I went 'cold' from May to Sept this year, didn't crunch a thing. Just got bored with it as well as wondering why I was spending so much on the KiloWat-allotofelectricty.

What got me back was an email. Something fairly routine, but I noticed that my tinkering with my websites had caused some dead links on the Team England forum banners etc. So I dutifully set out to fix them, and decided to join a UK team that had some big crunchers that were trying, so here I am.

Next thing I knew my boxes were going back on one by one. And now this guy with a blimmin' big try shows up and wants us to crack the 10m barrier :lol:  But what can I say? It's heaps big fun. Let's hit those speed of lightning barriers!  :wink:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

it looks the the extra hour today may get us over the 10M :thumbup:
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Morning all.....
I have just left a message for "Timby"
He may well come back out to play  :wink:

b. :D
Ice

Post by Ice »

UBT - bobuk wrote:Morning all.....
I have just left a message for "Timby"
He may well come back out to play  :wink:

b. :D
Smashing!!! :hello1:
Darren

Post by Darren »

I have just seen this and turned on my two ATI cards for DNETC.
I'll leave them on for a few days but won't be 24/7.

I got bored and annoyed with the noise of the fans on my PC's when processing BOINC.

Darren
Ice

Post by Ice »

Darren wrote:I have just seen this and turned on my two ATI cards for DNETC.
I'll leave them on for a few days but won't be 24/7.

I got bored and annoyed with the noise of the fans on my PC's when processing BOINC.

Darren
Don't worry Darren, I won't be bored with your fans. I've got cotton wool in my ears already  :shaking2:
Ben

Re: Credits rising....

Post by Ben »

Localizer wrote:Nearly a 10M.

Tempt them with slices of pizza!  :D Well, got my vote anyway  :lol:  Mmmmm...
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Temujin wrote:it looks the the extra hour today may get us over the 10M :thumbup:
You were right John!  :D

http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_ ... &or=0&co=3
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

At the beginning to the week BOINCStats was predicting that we would overtake "Einstein at Work" in 110 days - today it says 9!

http://boincstats.com/stats/overtake_st ... eam&id=214

Just look at the names that are in range now! A year or so ago it would have been a dream to think we would ever have had a chance of catching them!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Ice

Post by Ice »

UBT - Mikee wrote:At the beginning to the week BOINCStats was predicting that we would overtake "Einstein at Work" in 110 days - today it says 9!

http://boincstats.com/stats/overtake_st ... eam&id=214

Just look at the names that are in range now! A year or so ago it would have been a dream to think we would ever have had a chance of catching them!
Well done to all and to those that joined up recently  :headbang:  Looking forward to the biggest UK showing the UK can do big!  :thumbright:
Localizer

Post by Localizer »

Well done all!!
fellie
UBT Contributor

Post by fellie »

Just added another dual core 2ghz laptop to the game... that should tip us over the edge  :D  :wink:

Ohh better update the sig then  :roll:
Ice

Post by Ice »

fellie wrote:Just added another dual core 2ghz laptop to the game... that should tip us over the edge  :D  :wink:
I'm waiting for a riser to arrive any time in the next few days and then I'll have another 4850 on line  :P