stats

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Temujin

stats

Post by Temujin »

hi all
some of you already know I produce stats for some of the projects UBT covers but this is for any new members that don't.

I currently produce stats for the following projects
Seti, Seti Beta, Einstein, Predictor, Climate, BBC, Rosetta, LHC and UFluids.

There are figures for total credit, RAC, 1 hour, 24 hour and 1 week production.
There are graphs attached to the 24 hour and 1 week figures.
The stats can be sorted on Credits, RAC, 1 hour, 24 hour and 1 week columns.
If you click your username, overtake figures will be calculated and displayed.
If you have the same username acrosss different projects, then they'll be consolidated in a combined table.

You can find the stats here

If someone can tell me the details, I can add other projects to the list.
Last edited by Temujin on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temujin

Re: stats

Post by Temujin »

there are some new graphs to the 24 hour and 1 week figures on the individual projects pages
examples here and here
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: stats

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:there are some new graphs to the 24 hour and 1 week figures on the individual projects pages
examples here and here
Very kewl !!

Love those graphs !

regards,

Tim
UBT - PaulC

Post by UBT - PaulC »

Hey Temujin,

i'm looking at your stats page, but my credit for uFluids is wrong.

http://ubt-seti.dyndns.org/myphp/ubt.ph ... ct=UFluids

Your stats say 560, i should be 1,143

Just thought i'd let you know.

Paul.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - PaulC wrote:Hey Temujin,

i'm looking at your stats page, but my credit for uFluids is wrong.

http://ubt-seti.dyndns.org/myphp/ubt.ph ... ct=UFluids

Your stats say 560, i should be 1,143

Just thought i'd let you know.

Paul.
what does the UFluids UBT team page say your credits are?
thats where I get em from
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:what does the UFluids UBT team page say your credits are?
thats where I get em from
Ahh, the ufluids stats haven't been updated since 11th May
did they have an outage back then?
if so I may have turned ufluids off and forgotten to turn it back on
hang on........
yep, its turned off
hang on again.......
have a look now
UBT - PaulC

Post by UBT - PaulC »

just had a look: - http://www.ufluids.net/team_display.php?teamid=37

7) UBT - PaulC   1,143.98   23.47   United Kingdom

Thats what i would have expected.
UBT - PaulC

Post by UBT - PaulC »

Sorted  8)
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - PaulC wrote:Sorted  8)
sorry about that, I don't do UFluids so hadn't noticed.
it'll take a week before all the figures are there for the graphs
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UPDATES

1 - I've added a whole wodge of additional projects (all of em I think, thanks Darren)
Its still on test at the moment but its here if you want to have a look

2 - I've found a bug in the sorting routine, I'll fix that in the next couple of days
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:1 - I've added a whole wodge of additional projects (all of em I think, thanks Darren)
I've added all the new projects into the combined stats page.
Because of the width of the table, when you select a project to sort by (click the column header) it moves that column over to the left, so that its next to the usernames and combined figures. Its a bit confusing at first but I think its less confusing than not being able to see the usernames etc.
still needs a bit of work, so its the same link as above
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:
Temujin wrote:1 - I've added a whole wodge of additional projects (all of em I think, thanks Darren)
I've added all the new projects into the combined stats page.
Because of the width of the table, when you select a project to sort by (click the column header) it moves that column over to the left, so that its next to the usernames and combined figures. Its a bit confusing at first but I think its less confusing than not being able to see the usernames etc.
still needs a bit of work, so its the same link as above

Hi John,

The combined stats look great - esp. if, like me, you've got a large monitor (to see the whole width at once).

One small "ask" - not compulsory, just an idea

Is there any way, that when you run the "script" that drive this, that it looks at the last result (for each user on each project), compares the credits then with the latest result and then changes the look of the number displayed, IF the reuslts have changed since the last time....i.e. it makes the number appear in either BOLD or in a different colour if the credits have increased.

This will then highlight who's crunching and who's not active (at all).

Alternatively, maybe have an extra column, that does the above check and instead displays a figure that says "credits not changed in xx days", thereby indicating those who have NOT returned any credits in xx days. (Don't need to know the change in credits, just IF the credits have not  changed at all).

Then I can target said members and see if they have ceased BOINC totally, or if they can be "persuaded" to re-start....!

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote: Is there any way, that when you run the "script" that drive this, that it looks at the last result (for each user on each project), compares the credits then with the latest result and then changes the look of the number displayed, IF the reuslts have changed since the last time....i.e. it makes the number appear in either BOLD or in a different colour if the credits have increased.
I'll put it on the to do list, there's other stuff I want to get working properly first.

Damn, work got in the way of the forum :D
1 hour later...

Like the projects menu, its a mess in non CSS2 compliant browsers, maybe I'll look for a nice menu system over the weekend.
Then I want to get some graphs working from the combined page, I was thinking something like the BOINC Combined Statistics on the Your Account pages (hmmn but if its already on there, why do it again)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:I'll put it on the to do list, there's other stuff I want to get working properly first.
No worries.

Temujin wrote: Then I want to get some graphs working from the combined page, I was thinking something like the BOINC Combined Statistics on the Your Account pages (hmmn but if its already on there, why do it again)
I think there's little point re-inventing the wheel, UNLESS you can put a different "spin" on it, that shows things in a different way, compared to what's available already.

Maybe, in tandem with my "wish list" you could do a graph that shows, by user (or for the team), the percentage of credits generated by each project in the last week (and then include last month, last year once the script has been running for a bit...!).

Then, everyone can see which projects the user has been generating credits for, in the last "period", compared to the total credits they have "earned".

So, we end up with maybe a pie-chart for the "period" in two/three parts, showing credit in last "week" (and in the last "month") compared to "total" credits.

A bit like this:

http://stats.kwsn.net/user.php?proj=all ... riod=1week

but that just shows the totals, not the "recent" period(s)

Just another idea....!

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Is there any way, that when you run the "script" that drive this, that it looks at the last result (for each user on each project), compares the credits then with the latest result and then changes the look of the number displayed, IF the reuslts have changed since the last time....i.e. it makes the number appear in either BOLD or in a different colour if the credits have increased.

been thinking about this.
I don't think it would be a good idea to compare the "now" figures to the previous figures, I collect data every hour, so the majority would show no movement.
But, I could compare it to anything between 24 hours and 30 days, 7 days would be my preference I think.
Also had a think about how to do it and reckon I should be able to do without extending the create time or the page load time.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:been thinking about this. I don't think it would be a good idea to compare the "now" figures to the previous figures, I collect data every hour, so the majority would show no movement.
But, I could compare it to anything between 24 hours and 30 days, 7 days would be my preference I think. Also had a think about how to do it and reckon I should be able to do without extending the create time or the page load time.

That's what I thought - you could set the "period" to one of your own choice. Initially, maybe 7 days is fine. As I mentioned, it's more so that members can see what effect they are having on the Team total....

Obviously, you alone generate 50% (give or take... 8)  ) of the total team credits anyways........but it might help to "spur people on" to do more. (Course it might p*ss everyone else off as they'll see how badly they are doing !!!  :oops:

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Is there any way, that when you run the "script" that drive this, that it looks at the last result (for each user on each project), compares the credits then with the latest result and then changes the look of the number displayed, IF the reuslts have changed since the last time....i.e. it makes the number appear in either BOLD or in a different colour if the credits have increased.

How about this
individual project figures are shown in red if there's been no increse in credit for 7 days.

I'm also working my way through the usernames, using boincstats as a guide, I'm hard coding multiple usernames into one username, so "Dazza / DazzaUK / Dazza Spare / Darren" becomes Dazza, you'd think he'd know better wouldn't you  :D
With this, the combined stats page shows a true combined total  rather than separate lines for each username.
UBT - PaulC

Post by UBT - PaulC »

Thats a nice layout. Very easy to find my team position now.

good work Temujin :thumbleft:
UBT - JsF

Post by UBT - JsF »

Looking good, thanks John.  :thumbup:

Jimmy
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

thanks guys

I've changed the menu for non CSS2 compliant browsers (on the test pages)
It should be not such a mess anymore
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:How about this
individual project figures are shown in red if there's been no increse in credit for 7 days.......
BRILLIANT - a little bit slow to load, but well worth the wait....!

Nice work there....!

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:BRILLIANT - a little bit slow to load, but well worth the wait....!
yeah I know, funny thing is, on the host machine the first data is displayed after 3 seconds, with the total page taking 14 seconds to load BUT if I load it on my 2nd computer, the whole page loads in 3 seconds ??? weird

I'll have a look tomorrow at making the combined figure red if the whole lot is inactive.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:I'll have a look tomorrow at making the combined figure red if the whole lot is inactive.
Done!!
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:BRILLIANT - a little bit slow to load, but well worth the wait....!
hmmn, if I run the sql statement in mysql, the query takes only 0.1409 seconds and returns all 637 rows in about 3 seconds (the same 3 seconds my other PC takes to load the page across the LAN).
Yet my pc at work (and presumably everybody else) takes upwards of 30 seconds to load the page.

Anybody know whats causing the delay??  surely its not taking +25 seconds to receive 637 rows of data.
Is there anything I can do? compression maybe? any analysis tools?

oh, hang on... the page is +800k and i've only got 256 uplink, so that probably explains it.
hmmn, I really wanted to keep this in 1 page, what do you guys think, leave it in 1 page or split it to several pages?

[edit]
I reckon using stylesheets properly would just about cut it in half, so tonight I will be mainly doing stylesheets  :D
Last edited by Temujin on Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - JsF

Post by UBT - JsF »

I would be happy if its in 1 page, the loading
time ain't that long  :roll:

Jimmy
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:hmmn, if I run the sql statement in mysql, the query takes only 0.1409 seconds and returns all 637 rows in about 3 seconds (the same 3 seconds my other PC takes to load the page across the LAN).
Yet my pc at work (and presumably everybody else) takes upwards of 30 seconds to load the page.

oh, hang on... the page is +800k and i've only got 256 uplink, so that probably explains it.
hmmn, I really wanted to keep this in 1 page, what do you guys think, leave it in 1 page or split it to several pages?

[edit]
I reckon using stylesheets properly would just about cut it in half, so tonight I will be mainly doing stylesheets  :D

Yup - stylesheets will help - much easier than:

Code: Select all

<font face="Verdana, Ariel, Helvetica" color="00FFFF" size="-1" align="left" tea="milk_with_two_sugars" beer="pint_of_guinness_please" girl="blonde" food="chocolate">
Download size is obviously fairly large at 700kB+ as you mentioned, but with a bit of source code tinkering, you should be able to reduce the size and thereby reduce the "loading" time to display it.

At least it doesn't update every second !!!

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Download size is obviously fairly large at 700kB+ as you mentioned, but with a bit of source code tinkering, you should be able to reduce the size and thereby reduce the "loading" time to display it.
well, after changing to stylesheets and abbreviating anything that makes a difference, I've got it down from 764.18 KB to 401.63 KB.
It doesn't make much difference my end, 17 sec rather than 20 sec but should be better from "outside"

Oh yeah, I've only done the White stylesheet, so you'll have to select that to make it look right.
Heres a link to the Old Version and heres one for the New Version
Please have a go with each and let me know any improvement

PS
I've lost the table border for some reason, not deliberate, its just not there anymore.
table.data { border: 1; } in the stylesheet and <table class=data> in the html
rather than <table border=1> in the html
UBT - JsF

Post by UBT - JsF »

Just short of 15 seconds, for opening page
and the same for project sort. nice one John.  :D

Jimmy
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

ok, that all seems to work, so its gone live
the test pages are no more
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Any chance of getting it to be any faster at all :?:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Any chance of getting it to be any faster at all :?:
Plenty of chance - we all throw some money at John so he can have a nice T1 connection....!

And I'll take a 10% commission for thinking of the idea so I can get a 10Mb link (that'll do nicely)

BTW: One of my relatives in HK, has a 100Mb ADSL link....! And that's at home....!

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Any chance of getting it to be any faster at all
Plenty of chance - we all throw some money at John so he can have a nice T1 connection....!
I'm up for that mate  :thumbup:  :thumbup:
Apparently, I'm right at the limit for ADSL and can only get 512/256. My next door neighbour can't even get that :shock:

As for faster loading, the changes i made last night cut the load time in half to about 15 seconds but I don't think theres much more to be gained by modding the code.
So, I'm going to look into dynamic compression, all modern browsers support it, apache (my http server) supports it, so if I can get that going we might see more improvements.
I think if I can get the load time below 10 seconds it would be much more acceptable.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:I'm up for that mate  :thumbup:  :thumbup:
Apparently, I'm right at the limit for ADSL and can only get 512/256. My next door neighbour can't even get that :shock:
It's a little worse where I am.

I have 2 phone lines at home, one for biz and one for personal.

I can get ADSL on one but not the other....(which is a pain, coz if the ADSL line goes down, it'd be nice to have a back-up connection....).

Oh well, that's what you get for living in the sticks....before I moved, I had an 8Mb Telewest connection.... 8)

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

got the combined stats loadtime down to about 7 seconds

it needs that your browser is set to use HTTP1.1 (nearly all modern ones can use it)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Image

it needs that your browser is set to use HTTP1.1 (nearly all modern ones can use it)

Hint: You'll find this setting in IE > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced

then scroll down to the box next to "Use HTTP 1.1" and make sure there's a tick in the box....

Simple really.

regards,

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Image

Wow - blink of an eye time now....!

Well done that man.

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Wow - blink of an eye time now....!
its almost usable now  :D
UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

John,

There seems to be a bit of a problem with your Rosetta stats. It only seems to be updating the first 19 people.

Chris.
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Nice one John, :D  :D  :D  :D

Any chance of adding WCG to the stats as well :?:

Rod
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:There seems to be a bit of a problem with your Rosetta stats. It only seems to be updating the first 19 people.
oops, typo, its fixed now

RodEllery wrote:Any chance of adding WCG to the stats as well
WCG do things a bit differently from the rest of boinc which is why I've not included WCG upto now.
I'll have another look into it and see what I can do.
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Thanks John,

The sorting algorithm on the project pages may need a look at.

When you try to get it to sort on any column it only appears to sort those crunchers currently displayed not the full team.

Keep up the good work,

Oh - and  :blob4:  CONGRATULATIONS   :blob4: on being the No 1 cruncher on Einstein as well as Seti.

--
Rod
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:The sorting algorithm on the project pages may need a look at.
yes, i noticed that last week and mentioned I'd get round to fixing it, hardly anyone has used the sorts and so its not been high on the to do list

Oh - and  CONGRATULATIONS on being the No 1 cruncher on Einstein as well as Seti.
thanks
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

new test version available here
It displays all project records in one page rather than pages of 50
And the sorting works.

I'm working on getting the sorting client side, so you don't have to download the page again to sort it.
Last edited by Temujin on Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Francis McDermott

Post by Francis McDermott »

Excellent John :!:

I hadn't looked at them for a couple of weeks and they are super fast now  :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Update -

client side sorting is now working link here, works a treat, nice and fast.

no more reloading to re-sort

it needs tarting up a bit, I don't like the arrows it displays, prefer the one I already had
and I've not figured out how to make it work on numbers with number_format()  (ie 123,456) so ATM we've lost the commas
and the header row is a bit screwed.
and the row striping goes a bit wonky  :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Update -

client side sorting is now working link here, works a treat, nice and fast.

Hi John,

Looking betterer and betterer even time...! Well done.

Just one small thing - can you change the heading of "CPDN", which should be "Seasonal" - and "Climate" which might be better off called "CPDN".... :D

then you only need to add in the VTU and Tanpaku projects, and you're nearly done !!

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Just one small thing - can you change the heading of "CPDN", which should be "Seasonal" - and "Climate" which might be better off called "CPDN".... :D
Done

I've also added in 4 week figures and graphs

And tidied up the column headers

PS
this client side sorting seems to work ok, I'll put it into the combined page but it will mean we lose the repeated column headers (600ish rows with only one header at the top)
UBT - JsF

Post by UBT - JsF »

Really good John, I used it to watch the progress
through the weekend cruncherthon.

Thanks  :D
Jimmy
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

some of the 7 day graphs have got a bit screwed, looks like my collector script ran twice somehow  :?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Update -
I've got the individual projects to keep track of the selected userid across projects.
Now you don't have to re-select your userid, try it here

I've almost certainly NOT got all users tied across all projects, so if yours isn't working properly, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

edit
just noticed, you'll have to reclick your username once to pick up the new routine
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Works just fine from here John.  :sunny:

I think the 24hr graphs were a bit confused earlier. Waiting 24 hrs then will look again.

And congrats on beating your own Uptime record.

--
Rod
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:I think the 24hr graphs were a bit confused earlier. Waiting 24 hrs then will look again.
I know the 7 day graphs are playing up, seem to have "lost" Tuesday.
Whats wrong with the 24 hour graph? I've not seen anything wrong yet  :?
And congrats on beating your own Uptime record.
thats linux for ya  :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:[
I know the 7 day graphs are playing up, seem to have "lost" Tuesday.
Whats wrong with the 24 hour graph? I've not seen anything wrong yet  :?
ok, I've figured out whats wrong with the graphs.
Part of what I did yesterday to get the cross project stuff working invloved commenting out some code for testing.
Forgot to un-comment it didn't I  :oops:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

I've made the test version live, it seems better all round.
If anyone prefers the old version, its still available here
UBT - Chris Suddick

John, I think your stats pages are brilliant. However, I do have a couple of minor nits to pick.

On the combined stats page, you list all the numbers left justified but when you click on a column heading to sort on a particular project then that project is shifted to the second column (good idea) but displayed with the numbers right justified. This makes them very close to the next column and very difficult to read.

Secondly, and I've no idea if there's anything you can do about this, on Rosetta (and maybe others - I haven't checked) the RACs are gibberish. This isn't your fault but one of the project I believe. Rosetta do not decay the RACs as they should and consequently when you copy them from the XML presumably it's not a great deal of use. The way round it I guess would be to calculate the RAC yourself or maybe decay the XML value but I don't know if you would have the information in the XML to do that.

Hope this doesn't sound too negative because they are really very good.

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:JOn the combined stats page, you list all the numbers left justified but when you click on a column heading to sort on a particular project then that project is shifted to the second column (good idea) but displayed with the numbers right justified. This makes them very close to the next column and very difficult to read.
What browser are you using?
ALL the figures are set to align=right and look ok in all the browsers I've tested it with (firefox 1.5.0.1, Konqueor 3.5.1-5 and IE 6.0.2800)
The only column thats left aligned is the Username, so I'm not sure whats happening with your browser.
on Rosetta the RACs are gibberish. This isn't your fault but one of the project I believe.
I hadn't noticed that.
But, by dividing the 4 week figure by 28 I get roughly the same as RAC.
For example, your RAC=96 and (as of 14:00) 2741/28=97.8
I've no idea how RAC is calculated but the above seems pretty close to me so I could use that instead.
But if you can suggest something else, I'll have a look.

nice comments, thanks

PS
the combined page has been neglected for a while and needs a bit of work, i'll get round to it sometime soon.
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:on Rosetta (and maybe others - I haven't checked) the RACs are gibberish
This is true of many projects. A quick look at the stats graphs in Boinc Manager shows no decay for Rosetta, LHC, Protein Predictor, Ralph, Malaria, PrimeGrid, WCG or Xtreme.

John just has to work with the figures given by the projects or do a whole load of recalculation and store a load of data.

He is not alone in using the figures the projects supply. Most stats sites do the same.  

What I think happens is that the XML files are only updated when a WU reports, therefore aging does not take place.

--
Rod
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

just had a thought, on the page where all this started (here) I worked out the overtakes using RAC and the figures from the last 24 hours (shown in ()s) and the calculated overtake time was more often than not more accurate.
So, if the 28 day total / 28 is something close to what RAC "should" be, then I'll change to that.

I can certainly show RAC (my CALC RAC) sort of thing
UBT - Chris Suddick

Temujin wrote: What browser are you using?
Generally, I use IE6 but since you asked I just tried it on Firefox with exactly the same result.
Temujin wrote: ALL the figures are set to align=right and look ok in all the browsers I've tested it with (firefox 1.5.0.1, Konqueor 3.5.1-5 and IE 6.0.2800)
The only column thats left aligned is the Username, so I'm not sure whats happening with your browser.
Hmm, now I am confused. I would say that all the numbers are align=left except the one column by which it is sorted.

Can anyone tell me how to get a screen dump on Windows and I'll post it to show what I mean?
Temujin wrote: But, by dividing the 4 week figure by 28 I get roughly the same as RAC.
For example, your RAC=96 and (as of 14:00) 2741/28=97.8
I've no idea how RAC is calculated but the above seems pretty close to me so I could use that instead.
But if you can suggest something else, I'll have a look.
If only it were that simple. For active participants your method would correspond quite well with the generated RAC. It is those who have stopped crunching that seem to cause a problem. I once found an explanation of how RAC is calculated on the BOINC main page and my first thought was "B****r me, that's complicated". My second and third thoughts were exactly the same. Maybe you should go with your idea of 28 day score / 28. It's a lot easier.

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

do you not see something like this
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Temujin wrote:do you not see something like this
Not initally. It comes up with all columns justified right. Then, clicking a colour selection causes the figures to allign as in your example.

Odd?

--
Rod
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:Not initally. It comes up with all columns justified right. Then, clicking a colour selection causes the figures to allign as in your example.
Odd?
Aha, all the aligns are in stylesheets and by selecting a colour you're then using a stylesheet.
But, it should remember which colour you last selected (with a cookie) and next visit should pick that up and display it the same.
It obvously needs looking at  :?
UBT - Chris Suddick

Ahh, that fixed it. I've never clicked any of the colours (didn't know what they were for) so it was just a plain white background. Looks a lot better now!

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:Ahh, that fixed it. I've never clicked any of the colours (didn't know what they were for) so it was just a plain white background. Looks a lot better now!

Chris.
Yeah, glad its working for you mate

If I were you, I'd choose the white scheme, its had more work and IMHO looks better than the rest.
(and, it just might end up as the only colour)
UBT - Halifax-lad

Tanpaku XML stats are now available
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Tanpaku XML stats are now available
already getting them mate
UBT - Halifax-lad

Shows how much I look at the stats :lol:
UBT - Chris Suddick

For completeness, the explanation for calculating the RAC is given here.

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote: the combined page has been neglected for a while and needs a bit of work, i'll get round to it sometime soon.
Future plans for the combined stats page include

1, get the same sorting routines as the individual projects
2, Graphs
   a, Combined Credit graph showing 24hr, 1 week and 28 day graphs and also the Pie Charts suggested by Timbo
   b, Each project figure to link to one page showing 24hr, 1 week and 28 day graphs (already working on test databse)

And for the Project pages
1, Change RAC to AVG, 28 day total / 28 or 7 day / 7 or 24 hr, in that order of preference (as pointed out by UBT - Chris Suddick, some projects RAC figures are incorrect).
   This should make the overtake figures more accurate too.
2, Get all of the projects that support it using xml stats updates (already working on test database)
3,  Get the column headers to remain static as you scroll down the page

Nothing is gonna happen till after tuesday next week, we're off for a long weekend away.
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Temujin wrote:And for the Project pages
1, Change RAC to AVG, 28 day total / 28 or 7 day / 7 or 24 hr, in that order of preference (as pointed out by UBT - Chris Suddick, some projects RAC figures are incorrect).
I'd initally use 7 day, as some prijects haven't been in your system for 28 days and so are showing 28day figure the same as project total. This would give a very distorted Average.

Rod
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:I'd initally use 7 day, as some prijects haven't been in your system for 28 days and so are showing 28day figure the same as project total. This would give a very distorted Average.

Rod
Your quite right.
What I meant was that if I have a full 28 days of records per user,I'll use em, if not and I have full 7 days use that, if not use the 24 hour figure.
That should just about cover it I think.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:Nothing is gonna happen till after tuesday next week, we're off for a long weekend away.
Ahh well, thats long weekends for ya  :?
Looks like my adsl stopped working sometime sunday night
No stats from Sunday 22:00 till Tuesday 18:00, so the graphs are gonna look a bit weird for a while
And then theres the thunderstorm induced power cut yesterday afternoon  :evil:
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Temujin wrote:And then theres the thunderstorm induced power cut yesterday afternoon  
And you were doing so well in the uptime project.  Only got to  keep my machine going for another month :!: and I can take over the record!
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Rectilinear Crossing Number is now supported (RCN)
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Future plans for the combined stats page include
2, Graphs
   b, Each project figure to link to one page showing 24hr, 1 week and 28 day graphs

And for the Project pages
2, Get all of the projects that support it using xml stats updates
Both the above are now done.
The change over to xml collection has reduced the hourly update from +10 minutes down to +5.
There are still 11 projects that don't support xml stats and they account for 4 of those 5 minutes.

I've also ditched the colour chooser on both pages, they're now any colour you want as long as its white  :D
It was becoming a headache keeping the 5 css files in step, so both pages now have inline styles.
Also tidied up both pages while doing this.

I've now got full CPID support (due mainly to the xml stats) whichs means that once you've selected your username in one project, your username will be selected in all projects.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

I've added the Highlight bar into the combined page.
It makes finding your row a lot easier.
(you need to have clicked your username in one of the individual projects first)
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:Any chance of adding WCG to the stats as well :?:
had a quick look at WCG and have only been able to find this page for the team members and this page for each user.
So I could do it, I'd prefer a team_email type xml file like most of the other projects use (if anyone knows a url let me know)

Is there no userID in WCG?
If not, its gonna give me a little problem, I do everything by userID  :?
It might need some manual knitting together with the other projects.

And by the looks of things the Point Generated figure should be divided by 10, is that right?

But, its possible. Give it a couple of weeks and it'll be there too, maybe  :D
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Temujin wrote:And by the looks of things the Point Generated figure should be divided by 10, is that right?
10 seems a bit harsh.  Given the figures for my account, WCG reports 54500, Boincmgr shows 7786.15.  

This gives a divisor of 6.99961.  Rounding this to 7 gives a result correct to the nearest integer.

Not sure re userID.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:10 seems a bit harsh.  Given the figures for my account, WCG reports 54500, Boincmgr shows 7786.15.  
This gives a divisor of 6.99961.  Rounding this to 7 gives a result correct to the nearest integer.
ok, 7 it is.
reason I said 10 was that boincstats seemed to show WCG credits as 1/10th the Points Generated figure.
Mind you, that was a while ago, things could well have changed or I could just have read it wrong (thats far more likely :D )
Not sure re userID.
no worries, I'll sort something.

Thanks Rod
UBT - Halifax-lad

Why not just use the XML files thats what they are there for and they are in BOINC format regarding credits
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

I'd prefer a team_email type xml file like most of the other projects use (if anyone knows a url let me know)
Why not just use the XML files thats what they are there for and they are in BOINC format regarding credits
thanks, thats got it all, userID, CPID, teamID
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:But, its possible. Give it a couple of weeks and it'll be there too, maybe  :D
WCG is now working  :thumbup:

Can anyone tell me why Ian Mordant, who is top of the UBT team list here isn't included in the xml files?
UBT - Halifax-lad

He will be using the non-BOINC client (the UD Client) so hes not included in the XML as XML is BOINC only.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:He will be using the non-BOINC client (the UD Client) so hes not included in the XML as XML is BOINC only.
Oh right, there's not much I can do about that then  :?
thanks
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

NIce one John. Good to see the WCG figures.

(Also means I've gone up 2 places in overall Team stats :P )
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:NIce one John. Good to see the WCG figures.
Pity it doesn't include the UD figures.
Why would a project provide 2 separate and incompatible methods Image
(Also means I've gone up 2 places in overall Team stats :P )
cool :thumbup:  :thumbup:
UBT - Halifax-lad

UD was there 1st, BOINC was a side project to get Linux users up and running, hence two clients.

WCG has always used UD and the way it works is different to BOINC
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

I've added 2 new line plots to the graphs

AVG - shows average credit over the graph period (red line), added to all 3 graphs
RAC - shows how your RAC has behaved over the graph period (black line), added to 7 day and 4 week graphs

Neither plot means much on accounts with little or no activity but look quite good on active accounts.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Error in query: select username as h_username from ubt_combined where userid="b27f4db2169f9e3ee472768330de37af" or cpid="b27f4db2169f9e3ee472768330de37af". Unknown column 'userid' in 'where clause'
when trying to view combined stats for me
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:
Error in query: select username as h_username from ubt_combined where userid="b27f4db2169f9e3ee472768330de37af" or cpid="b27f4db2169f9e3ee472768330de37af". Unknown column 'userid' in 'where clause'
when trying to view combined stats for me
Oops, typo  :oops:
its fixed now
UBT - Halifax-lad

Right that's fixed now ta

however viewing the graphs there is a lack of a scroll bar so at the moment I can see 2 graphs fine but the other ones has at least a quarter of it missing as I can't scroll down to see it.

Also I can't work this one out :scratch:

Main page says I'm 113th, combined page says I'm 98th  :?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:however viewing the graphs there is a lack of a scroll bar so at the moment I can see 2 graphs fine but the other ones has at least a quarter of it missing as I can't scroll down to see it.
hmmn, each of the 3 graphs should be 500 wide x 250 high and the popup window should be 520 wide and 800 high.
It works ok for me in windows (IE6 & Firefox) and linux (Firefox & Konqueror), what browser are you using?
Also I can't work this one out :scratch:
Main page says I'm 113th, combined page says I'm 98th  :?
By main page I'm assuming you mean BoincStats?
Calum Mercer has commented on this before, only thing I can think is I've not got all the projects boincstats has  :?
UBT - Halifax-lad

No the main page of your stats :!: Edit you can ignore this one now

IE6 is my browser and the graphic certainly does not display correctly
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:IE6 is my browser and the graphic certainly does not display correctly
Hmmn, dunno whats happening there then mate  :?
Would anyone else with IE6 care to comment?
UBT - Halifax-lad

Its called screen resolution :?: , so you will need to add a scroll bar for people with different resolutions.

Is it only some projects what have a graph at the moment :?:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Yup is screen resolution, so a scroll bar is needed as I'm not having my screen that little to see the graphs as I can't see owt else at the next size on from the one I have now.

also size of a persons monitor comes in to play there too
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Its called screen resolution :?: , so you will need to add a scroll bar for people with different resolutions.
I'd thought that 520x800 would be pretty safe.
I use 1200x1024 meself, just knocked it down and its ok in 1024x768 but does what you describe in 800x600, is that what you use?
I'll see if I can detect the res and resize the graphs accordingly.
Is it only some projects what have a graph at the moment :?:
on the combined page, the graphs are available only if theres been activity on the project in the last 28 days, so some of the newly added projects don't yet have 28 days of records, basically, if the figure is red you won't get a graph. I'll see if I can ease that a bit.
UBT - Halifax-lad

God No I don't use that tiny tiny resolution :!:  :!:  :lol:

Not sure what it is I have got it on had a look earlier and have now forgotten :lol:  Will look again later
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:basically, if the figure is red you won't get a graph. I'll see if I can ease that a bit.
ok, now you'll get a graph if the figure is > 0
It means some of them are meaningless, especially where I had the powercut the other week but lets see how it goes.
edit
hehe, the LHC and BURP graphs are especially exciting  :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:God No I don't use that tiny tiny resolution :!:  :!:  :lol:

Not sure what it is I have got it on had a look earlier and have now forgotten :lol:  Will look again later
If the 3 graphs don't fit in at your low resolution, how do the 2 pages themselves look?
Do the menus fit nicely across the top?

I'm very new to php and have hardly done anything in html before so different screen res is all new to me.
I'll see what I can do though.