stats

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

The menus at the top look ok
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Got the Combined Projects graphs working (ish)
They look pretty much the same as the single project graphs at the moment but will eventually show different projects in different colours.

Also, they show the data slightly differently.
Currently the graphs (7 day and 28 day) show rolling periods, each "day" is the preceding 24 hours, so what it would show for Sunday at 21:00 would be the total from Saturday at 22:00 to sunday at 21:00.
Thats changed for the combined graphs, Sunday will now show the total from Sunday 00:00 to Sunday 23:00. So just after midnight, there'll be hardly anything there but at 23:00 there'll be a full days worth.

This may also go for the single project graphs at some point.

Also, due to my system going down a couple of times a while back, there are some "funnies" on the graphs, especially at the beginning of the 28 day combined graph. It makes the AVG plot way too high.
They should sort themselves out in a couple of days though.

edit for typo
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:will eventually show different projects in different colours.
I've got a test version showing different colours for different projects here
Needs some work to sort out the Legends, both in the number of projects it puts in the legend and the positioning of the legend.
Its currently adding a project if that projects credit > 0 rather than activity in the 28 days
but its getting there

It takes a while to load if you have lots of projects so be patient

PS
you can add ?my_userid=your_CPID to the above url to see your own data
for example, I would add ?my_userid=5b9257f09ca25cb7e702caa82f663a39
you obviously don't have to type green text  :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:Needs some work to sort out the Legends, both in the number of projects it puts in the legend and the positioning of the legend.
Its currently adding a project if that projects credit > 0 rather than activity in the 28 days
but its getting there
Right, sorted that, it now only adds into the legend if there is activity in the 28 days.
I'll automate a resize of the graph and legend to fit the number of legends and tidy up the legend colous a bit.
I'll also get this working in the combined 24 hour and 7 day graphs
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Anybody know JPGraph?

I'm using AccBarPlot() for the combined barplots and some are mysteriously going missing  :?
We have 1 user (UBT - Granville) active in 3 projects and its only showing 1. Image

And its obvious that projects are missing from other users too
Its doing me head in
I've had enuf for tonight
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:2, Get all of the projects that support it using xml stats updates
Climate (CPDN) and BBC have started supporting the team_email_list for non-founders which means the hourly update will happen a bit quicker now.
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

John,

The multi-coloured combined stats look great. Was a bit of a shock to see them just now.

The 28day stats took a while to load but that is probably to be expected.

Keep up the good work
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:John,

The multi-coloured combined stats look great. Was a bit of a shock to see them just now.
take another look, there's more  :D
The 28day stats took a while to load but that is probably to be expected.
edit
Thats down to the amount of work it has to do.
It does (28 days * 24 hours * number of projects) hits on the database to get all the data.
I'm sure the database could be organised  more efficiently but I didn't know it would be doing what its currently doing when I first started this and it'll be a bugger to change it all now.

Thats also why i'm so pleased with the UK BOINC Team user, its treated just like any other user as far as the graphs go and at update time theres just 1 update per project for it, adds no load to the database.
Last edited by Temujin on Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:take another look, there's more  :D
I've added a UK BOINC Team superuser to each project, its credit and RAC are sums of the users in that project.
Obviously the credit and RAC bare no resemblance to UBTs actual figures for some projects.
BUT, the graphs are accurate  :thumbup: so they should come in very handy for monitoring the Crunches

I thought of it on the way home tonight and I'm really pleased with it.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:
Temujin wrote:take another look, there's more  :D
I've added a UK BOINC Team superuser to each project, its credit and RAC are sums of the users in that project.
Obviously the credit and RAC bare no resemblance to UBTs actual figures for some projects.
BUT, the graphs are accurate  :thumbup: so they should come in very handy for monitoring the Crunches

I thought of it on the way home tonight and I'm really pleased with it.

Hi John,

Stats are looking good. No, actually they're great !!

A little update needed though - you might want to change the name of "Protein" to "Predictor", as there is now a "Protein@home" project on BOINC...and we wouldn't want anyone to get confused between the two projects now, would we?  :wink:

regards,

Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Looks good - really impressed with the amount of data there as well but...

(yeah  - me again....)

I can't see the bottom of the third graph (28 days combined production) even maximised - there's no scroll down bar. This is due to my screen resolution (1024 X 768) - not all have us have perfect eyesight or super duper maximost monitors!  :D I suppose if the majority use higher resolution I'll have to live with it!

Plus the 'UK BOINC Team' stats seem out - shows us at 29 million and missing a few - Xtremelab and Hashclash totals for example.

Just call me 'party pooper' if you want!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:A little update needed though - you might want to change the name of "Protein" to "Predictor", as there is now a "Protein@home" project on BOINC...and we wouldn't want anyone to get confused between the two projects now, would we?  :wink:
I've not heard of Protein@home but I'll change it.
I think most people call it Predictor anyway, I've always called it Protein so I guess I'll have to toe the line  :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:I can't see the bottom of the third graph (28 days combined production) even maximised - there's no scroll down bar. This is due to my screen resolution (1024 X 768) - not all have us have perfect eyesight or super duper maximost monitors!  :D I suppose if the majority use higher resolution I'll have to live with it!
thats something I've yet to do. I have made that window re-sizable now but if its already maxing out ya screen.......
I intend to cut a smidge from the bottom of the 2 multi colour graphs, where the legend box is less than 3 rows, so that would help a bit.
But the easiest thing would be to enable scrollbars, I disabled them to start with because they spoilt the look of it but if it aint fitting on ya screen i'll enable em
Plus the 'UK BOINC Team' stats seem out - shows us at 29 million and missing a few - Xtremelab and Hashclash totals for example.
The 29 million is the total of ALL users credits across ALL projects, not UBT's total credit. I knew it wasn't going to equal UBTs right from the start but thought it was worth it just for the graphs (which are accurate).
Hadn't noticed the missing projects though, I'll have a look.
Just call me 'party pooper' if you want!
party pooper  :evil:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:Hadn't noticed the missing projects though, I'll have a look.
Haha, typical
Rather than have the projects defined seperately in each of my php files, with the UBT script I added an include 'all_projects.php' with the intention of adding it to all my scripts later.
Well, all_projects.php didn't have ALL projects in it  :oops:
gregoryw
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

"CPDN" is ambiguous

Post by gregoryw »

The column "CPDN" ought be labelled "CPDN SA" or "Seasonal Attribution". "CPDN" is ambiguous.

EDIT: It shows as "CPDN" for http://ubt-seti.dyndns.org/myphp/show_combined.php and "Attribution" for http://ubt-seti.dyndns.org/myphp/sc2.php?orderby=cpdn . Perhaps you could extract those out to constants in an include file???
Temujin

Re: "CPDN" is ambiguous

Post by Temujin »

gregoryw wrote:The column "CPDN" ought be labelled "CPDN SA" or "Seasonal Attribution". "CPDN" is ambiguous.
I've already changed it in the single project page, so what was Climate and CPDN is now CPDN and Seasonal respectively (on Tims advice).
The show_combined.php script is a very old version of the combined page, use it if you want but no amendments are going to be made to it.
The current file is sc2.php
Perhaps you could extract those out to constants in an include file???
funny you should say that, I was only thinking the same earlier on  :D
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Temujin wrote: but if it aint fitting on ya screen i'll enable em
Wot a nice guy - works fine now!

[wot - no complaints - shirley shom mistake?]

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:The 28day stats took a while to load but that is probably to be expected.
I've given this some thought and reckon that for the UK BOINC Team user, I could produce the graphs directly after the hourly update and save the images, then it would just be a case of loading the image rather than collect the data, produce the image and load the image.
It would be there in less than a second if I did that

Suppose I could do the same for all users (or at least a pre-defined list of users)
Hmmn.........
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:I reckon I could produce the graphs directly after the hourly update and save the images....
It would be there in less than a second if I did that
Suppose I could do the same for ...... a pre-defined list of users
Got that working now
Think I've included all/most of the frequent visitors.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Damn, another thunderstorm another system crash  :evil:
The stats haven't been updated since 22:00 last night, so theres a big gap.
I'll try and average out the gap today.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Damn, another thunderstorm another system crash  :evil:
Hi John,

SIlly question - don't you have a UPS? Even a small one - they are so cheap these days (esp. on eBay!), and they help condition the mains as well as enabling you to keep working, even though all around is in darkness!

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:SIlly question - don't you have a UPS?
Nope, no UPS (might look into it tho).
Wouldn't have helped anyway, I didn't have a power cut, I lost my ADSL from 22:00 to 06:00. Don't ya just love Indian call centers!!

As a 2nd issue, the screen on my linux box froze up just after 01:00 this morning.
Had to reboot it when I got up
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:I'm intending to also make the combined 24 hour graph "multi-coloured" like the other 2, just not got round to it yet
Thats done now.
It does still show the original 24 hour graph, reason being that I'm not 100% sure about the new one yet.
I have a test system where I test out any new stuff and that new 24 hour combined graph (in its final form) hasn't failed once.
But when I run it aginst live, it fails maybe 10%.
So both 24hr graphs will show unitill I ID and fix the problem.

Along with Havocs suggestion of displaying user position changes, would anyone want to see graphs for each project?
Currently the combined graphs are from a users point of view, they group different projects together.
How about graphs from a projects point of view that group different users??

edit
I like this one
Its possible to make "hot spots" on the graphs. what this could do is (for the combined graphs, hmmn or any graph i suppose) where today is friday, you only have the 24hr graph for friday, how about you click on tuesdays bar and up pops the 24  hour graph for tuesday?
An historical 24 hour graph sort of thing.
If I can get it working, it could work on both the 7 day and 28 day graphs.
did I say i like this one  :D

edit 2
stone me, the more I think about graph drilldowns the more becomes possible.
Take the UK BOINC Team combined 24 hour graph (the new one), click on the 11:00 bar and I could popup a graph showing who contributed what to each project at 11:00, click on a users bar in the new graph and you get that users 24 hour graph popup...............
blimey, kewl, that'd keep me busy for a while  :D
UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

Is there no end to this man's genius?

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:Damn, another thunderstorm another system crash  :evil:
Guess what, it only went and happened again  :evil:
No ADSL from sometime after 18:00 till sometime before midnight last night.

And to make it even worse, I somehow buggered up the graphs, so I've had to restore yesterday mornings backup which means the combined 24hr graph isn't working yet.

Ho hum...
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:And to make it even worse, I somehow buggered up the graphs, so I've had to restore yesterday mornings backup which means the combined 24hr graph isn't working yet.
Right, 24 hour combined graph is back.
I've tied the project colours across the 3 combined graphs, its easier to read now.

And had another power cut, so tomorrow I'm off to PCWorld to buy a UPS.
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Shut her down Clancy, She's a pumpin mud!!!

And all I wanted was a list in username order?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - JohnR wrote:And all I wanted was a list in username order?
Dunno what caused it but it must've errored.
Theres nothing to that query and I'm not aware of it crashing before.
If it was around 5 past the hour it could've been cos the table was being re-created, if not I've no idea.

So did you
1 - Check the URL
2 - Press the Refresh button
or
3 - Try again later
:D  :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:edit
I like this one
Its possible to make "hot spots" on the graphs. what this could do is (for the combined graphs, hmmn or any graph i suppose) where today is friday, you only have the 24hr graph for friday, how about you click on tuesdays bar and up pops the 24  hour graph for tuesday?
An historical 24 hour graph sort of thing.
If I can get it working, it could work on both the 7 day and 28 day graphs.
did I say i like this one  :D
I've got this working (in a fashion) but I'm not sure it'll be any use to anyone.
Simply changing a graph to have hotspots increases its generation time no end.
For example, the UBT combined 28 day graph takes approx 16 seconds to generate but the hotspot version takes 48 seconds  :shock:
Now I could/would pre-generate and cache the UBT 28 day combined graph (the same as I do now for the non-hotspot version), but that won't be feasable with any "child" graphs produced from it (hmmn, but they're not so bad so maybe it would work).
Its a shame cos I've got it working from 7/28 day -> 24 hour -> 1 hour ( -> to users still to do) and I think it would be really good if the performance was there but it aint  :(
Heres a link if anyone wants to check it out.
On the 28 day graph, click the day to the right of the one you actually want to see i.e. click the 12th to see the 11th (I know, but I aint got round to tarting it up yet, I just wanted to get it working)
Anyway, have a look with the above link and see what ya think (be prepared for a long wait for that first graph though)
Last edited by Temujin on Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

I just looked at your link above and clicked the 31st column.

Just a little confused about the readings.
Two huge spikes at 16:00 and 00:00 from two projects.

Rosetta and CPDN.?

Its an awesome graph, but the spikes are massive compaired to any other times of the day.. Like 18,000 credits.
Just clicked the link again and got something different so i guess your tinkering again :P
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Havoc wrote:I just looked at your link above and clicked the 31st column.

Just a little confused about the readings.
Two huge spikes at 16:00 and 00:00 from two projects.

Rosetta and CPDN.?

Its an awesome graph, but the spikes are massive compaired to any other times of the day.. Like 18,000 credits.
Just clicked the link again and got something different so i guess your tinkering again :P
Err, well it is still in testing
try clicking on the 17th, that seems to work ok
TIP - right click and select open in new tab or window, saves having to reload the 1st graph again

edit
but looking at 31st it looks ok to me, a very rough count up and it totals about 80k which is what UBT does in a day.
Its for UK BOINC Team in total remember not a user
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Havoc wrote:Just clicked the link again and got something different so i guess your tinkering again :P
I hardly ever stop tinkering mate :wink:
ok, you have to bare in mind that it is very much a test page, there quite probably is something amiss with what it displays but that wasn't the purpose of the post.
The purpose was that I've got the hotspots working but its so sloooow that I'm not sure if its worth taking it any further like getting it to display the correct data, having the right day on the right link etc
If theres enough people want it i'll finish it, no problem at all but if not, it could well die a death.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Havoc wrote:Rosetta and CPDN.?
....... but the spikes are massive compaired to any other times of the day.. Like 18,000 credits.
Been digging a bit, you got me all worried there.
The CPDN figure looks ok to me and at 1st glance the rosetta figure sure does look wrong.
BUT at 16:00 on the 31st Kenneth Hancock joined UBT and Kenneth has 16k Rosetta credits (see disclaimer about the UBT users credits in the help page  :D )
Phew, at least that (might) mean theres less work to do
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

I didn't consider people joining us could be a factor why there was a sudden spike. Sorry didn't mean to get you worried or question your work, its awesome as you well know.
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Temujin wrote:
UBT - JohnR wrote:And all I wanted was a list in username order?
Dunno what caused it but it must've errored.
Theres nothing to that query and I'm not aware of it crashing before.
If it was around 5 past the hour it could've been cos the table was being re-created, if not I've no idea.

So did you
1 - Check the URL
2 - Press the Refresh button
or
3 - Try again later
:D  :D
It's evertime I click on Username to sort the names in alphabetical order.  The refresh button makes no change, the URL is http://ubt-seti.dyndns.org/myphp/sc2.ph ... y=username Having UK Boinc Team totals at the top may be the cause, as it use to work ok?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - JohnR wrote:It's evertime I click on Username to sort the names in alphabetical order.
This is very strange, I can't get it to fail.
Is anyone else having trouble with it?

edit
sorted
Last edited by Temujin on Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Havoc wrote:Sorry didn't mean to get you worried or question your work
hehe, "worried" as in puzzled as to what was wrong with it
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

I has just worked fine for me now - I can't get it to repeat the error.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Riesel Sieve needs adding, at last a project I am number 1 in as there is only me  :lol:  :lol:

SETI BETA could do with renaming to Astropulse as this is what the project is going to be working on next.

Would be nice if the projects were in Alpha order along the top row
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Riesel Sieve needs adding, at last a project I am number 1 in as there is only me  :lol:  :lol:
Done, just needs to collect some data for a day or so before I add it into the menu
SETI BETA could do with renaming to Astropulse as this is what the project is going to be working on next.
Well when they rename it, so will I
Would be nice if the projects were in Alpha order along the top row
But then my nicely spaced menu would go to pot  :D
UBT - Halifax-lad

Temujin wrote:Done, just needs to collect some data for a day or so before I add it into the menu
Well the data won't change for a while I have not crunched any for a few days now :lol:
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

Got this graph earlier.

Last edited by Havoc on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Halifax-lad

That's probably just a stats XML error that has now evened its self out BOINC Manager can't alter stats
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

Looks good though... :)
UBT - Halifax-lad

It could also be your CPID realigning sometimes these get out of sync for a day or two and then realign back into one, that kind of thing would happen in this case
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:That's probably just a stats XML error that has now evened its self out BOINC Manager can't alter stats
Yep, you're missing from the 12:00 & 13:00 xtremelab stats.
At least its picked you up again now  :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Havoc wrote:Got this graph earlier.
Actually, its because the whole of xtremlab wasn't updated for 12:00 and 13:00
My update script failed for some reason.
I'll try to insert the missing data tonight
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Oops, so the stats have been off-line for how long?
Apparently my router assigned a different IP to my linux box and http was no longer routed to it.
Noticed it this morning when a torrent download was slow coming down.
Should be ok now.
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

I checked my stats late yesterday afternoon about 16:00 ish, then tried later in the evening and they were down. Looking good again today :P
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

it looks like the Predictor stats have messed up a bit early this morning.
I'd noticed that they weren't being collected yesterday (see note of their front page) but seems we dropped 20k credits at 02:00 this morning but have slowly recovered them.
So, we're back where we should be and have a funny looking 24hr graph to boot  :D
UBT - Chris Suddick

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

I was just looking at John's stats page for Einstein and noticed that one team member is due to overtake me in 54966.0 (yes , point zero!) days. This is just a little over 150 years. Thanks for the heads-up John, I consider myself warned.

:lol:

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:I was just looking at John's stats page for Einstein and noticed that one team member is due to overtake me in 54966.0 (yes , point zero!) days. This is just a little over 150 years. Thanks for the heads-up John, I consider myself warned.
haha
I've seen +100,000 days before and the .0 is just to make it accurate  :D

I think it was you Chris that mentioned the unreliability of the RAC figures on some projects, well the others available are just as unreliable so I've not changed anything.
But I have been thinking about adding a base O/T on RAC, 24hr, 1wk or 28day figures type of thing, maybe radio buttons at the top of the page then make use of layers to display the chosen rate. Not done radio buttons or layers  before so I'm gonna have to think about it for a while yet  :D
UBT - Halifax-lad

Projects to add:

Project Neuron

POB I would just add this one to collect the stats but not show it as yet the name of the project is very likely to change soon
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Project Neuron
ok, thanks  :thumbup:
POB I would just add this one to collect the stats but not show it as yet the name of the project is very likely to change soon
already in on the test system  :wink:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:
UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Project Neuron
ok, thanks  :thumbup:
thats on test too now
UBT - Halifax-lad

Temujin wrote:POB I would just add this one to collect the stats but not show it as yet the name of the project is very likely to change soon
already in on the test system  :wink:

Final name change now called RenderFarm@Home
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Its been a while since any updates to my stats pages......but i've been busy  :D
There's a new version here (both the combined and single project pages have been updated).

The main change is a BIG database re-design. I took some advice that Dazza gave me months ago and had put off cos of the amount of work involved.
The database is now a fraction of the size it was which means I now no longer have to pre-process the data before you see it. It also means the graphs (especially the combined graphs) load a lot quicker, which might let me look again at making the graphs active.

there's a few visual changes too :
1, on the combined stats page, theres now separate indication of inactivity for 7 days and 28 days.
2, on the single projects page, theres some new tabs above RAC, 24hr, 1wk & 4wk columns. These change the values used in the OverTake calculation.
3, the 7 & 28 day graphs are now based on days rather than rolling 24 hour periods.
4, on both pages, the Pos field now links to Team Rank graphs. (on the combined page, sort by a project 1st, its not working on the combined figures yet).

We've lost the UK BOINC Team user for the moment. I did try to include it using the actual UBT credits rather than the sum of all members but struggled to get a single cross project way of collecting the data.
I will get it back in at some stage, dunno yet which one though.

Thats it, thats whats kept me busy for the last couple of weeks.
Still got some new ideas for it too but they can wait

there'll no doubt be some bugs in it so let me know if you find any.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Kewl will have a look when I get home
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Its been a while since any updates to my stats pages......but i've been busy  :D
There's a new version here (both the combined and single project pages have been updated).

there'll no doubt be some bugs in it so let me know if you find any.

Hi John,

Looking good again - nice work - wish I was so skilled.... :shock:

My minor comments:

1) Clicking on the position number causes the number to be highlighted in green and a new window opens with a Jpgraph error...!

2) I couldn't do a sort by Member name in Ascending Order (either before update or now!) - always gives me a Descending order....

3) Is there still no way of combining the members who have the exact same names, even if they have different CPID's (due to them using different email addresses for their accounts with the various projects).

If you can, then you could graph how the membership has swelled wrt time.

4) The "combined" column headings for each project are defined by the number of characters in the project name (or the figures making up the totals !!). Can you not default the column to say 5 or 6 characters and then word-wrap any remaining characters onto the next line down.

(Mainly required for XtremLab, HashClash, PrimeGrid, RenderFarm, etc)

This is will simply increase the row height of the 1st row, and then make the entire table narrower - I've have a 20" LCD and I can't even get all the columns on view at once (but I run at 1280 * 960 res).

regards,

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:1) Clicking on the position number causes the number to be highlighted in green and a new window opens with a Jpgraph error...!
maybe I should've made this bigger 4, on both pages, the Pos field now links to Team Rank graphs. (on the combined page, sort by a project 1st, its not working on the combined figures yet).
:grin:

2) I couldn't do a sort by Member name in Ascending Order (either before update or now!) - always gives me a Descending order....
It always has done that, all of the sorts on the combined page go descending.
its only on the OLD single project page that you get asc/desc on the sorts.
I will put that into the new single project page too though.
thinking............aha, the reason for not having the asc/desc sorts on the combined page was that the repeating column headers wouldn't work with it and I think they come in very handy.

3) Is there still no way of combining the members who have the exact same names, even if they have different CPID's (due to them using different email addresses for their accounts with the various projects).
If you can, then you could graph how the membership has swelled wrt time.
Hmmn, I could, I used to do that before I got the CPIDs, will have to think about it..........
4) The "combined" column headings for each project are defined by the number of characters in the project name (or the figures making up the totals !!). Can you not default the column to say 5 or 6 characters and then word-wrap any remaining characters onto the next line down.
Oh yuck!!
I hate linewraps :sad4:
This is will simply increase the row height of the 1st row, and then make the entire table narrower - I've have a 20" LCD and I can't even get all the columns on view at once (but I run at 1280 * 960 res).
so what happens when the next 3 or 4 or 5 projects get added? you'll be not fitting on the screen again.
I don't think theres that many of us with fancy big 20" monitors mate
you could get yourself firefox and hit Ctrl- till it fits :grin:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Oh yuck!! I hate linewraps :sad4:
so what happens when the next 3 or 4 or 5 projects get added? you'll be not fitting on the screen again.
I don't think theres that many of us with fancy big 20" monitors mate
you could get yourself firefox and hit Ctrl- till it fits :grin:
Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback on my comments. All noted.  8)

Maybe you could just abbreviate the project names - after all, most of us call Seasonal "SAP". So a simple shortening of the project name might be enough to help the width issue.

And then that also gives you room for the extra 3 or 4 new projects (as and when !!).

regards

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Maybe you could just abbreviate the project names - after all, most of us call Seasonal "SAP". So a simple shortening of the project name might be enough to help the width issue.
Try it now  :D
edit
actually, its them buggers with lots of credits that are doing it ya know  :D
and as for them with long user names PAH!!!
theres gonna come a point when it just will not fit on your screen mate :grin:
time to get a bigger screen :grin:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:
UBT - Timbo wrote:Maybe you could just abbreviate the project names - after all, most of us call Seasonal "SAP". So a simple shortening of the project name might be enough to help the width issue.
Try it now  :D
edit
actually, its them buggers with lots of credits that are doing it ya know  :D
and as for them with long user names PAH!!!
theres gonna come a point when it just will not fit on your screen mate :grin:
time to get a bigger screen :grin:
Hi John,

Well I've been looking at a few widescreen displays - that'll certainly help.

Don't think the taxman will understand my reasoning behind it's purchase tho'

"sorry guv, the UBT stats table didn't fit on my old screen!"

EDIT:
Yup - the column headings abbreviations look fine.

Just need to get "JamP0tStanMeerkatBKMattDan" member to shorten his name and then we're laughing.

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:
UBT - Timbo wrote:1) Clicking on the position number causes the number to be highlighted in green and a new window opens with a Jpgraph error...!
maybe I should've made this bigger
4, on both pages, the Pos field now links to Team Rank graphs.
(on the combined page, sort by a project 1st, its not working on the combined figures yet).

:grin:
The ranking graphs are now working on the combined figures :thumbup:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Don't think the taxman will understand my reasoning behind it's purchase tho'
"sorry guv, the UBT stats table didn't fit on my old screen!"
Well, I reckon you need persuading mate, so I've made it even wider  :shock:
I've added 28 day, 7 day and 24 hour rank movements to the left of the table, most other stats have them, so why not mine :grin:
have a look here
(they're a bit wobbly, will take a while to settle down)  << colour emphasis so people see it :grin:

I've moved Predictor and LHC over to the right seeing as they aint active.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

......err....things are a little screwed at the moment  :?
dezcore

Post by dezcore »

Just had a look at it for the first time.  The overtake function is good - good to know im not a 2 legged donkey still struggling off the starting line at least ;).

I appreciate the effort going into it so i can just click,click and know what i need to know.  Well done and thanks Temujin.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

dezcore wrote:I appreciate the effort going into it so i can just click,click and know what i need to know.  Well done and thanks Temujin.
well thank you very much :thumbup:
I have tried to make it easy to use but do wonder sometimes if there's too much info there
and I can't help but tinker with it all the time, changing this or that (and breaking it like last night :oops: )
nice to have some new feedback
thanks
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Like the new version with the pos change counter :D  :D  :D

Too much info ain't a bad thing 8)
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:and I can't help but tinker with it all the time, changing this or that (and breaking it like last night :oops: )
seems like another little change I did last night has taken effect and stopped RCN & Hashclash from displaying (no response from the project)
Should be fixed now.

must stop tinkering
must stop tinkering
must stop tinkering
must stop tinkering
must stop tinkering
:D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote:Like the new version with the pos change counter :D  :D  :D
See, thats one that I'm not sure about, yeah its nice to have it but I think it clutters the screen and the Position column gets crowded out.
Maybe I could colour wash the columns or summat
hmmn.....tinker, tinker
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:See, thats one that I'm not sure about, yeah its nice to have it but I think it clutters the screen and the Position column gets crowded out.
one quick tinker later and I think it looks better now, given the rank history figures a smaller font
UBT - PiezPiedPy

as long as you don't break it :lol:
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Another one to add?

Spinhenge

thanks
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Any chance of changing the 'no activity' colours? Orange and red are virtually indistinguishable on my little monitor.

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:Another one to add?
Spinhenge
thats on the cards
UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Any chance of changing the 'no activity' colours? Orange and red are virtually indistinguishable on my little monitor.
I'd noticed that myself (with IE6) but not sure what other colour to use.
I used orange and red cos they're "danger" colours, I'll have a play
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Temujin wrote:
UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Any chance of changing the 'no activity' colours? Orange and red are virtually indistinguishable on my little monitor.
I'd noticed that myself (with IE6) but not sure what other colour to use.
I used orange and red cos they're "danger" colours, I'll have a play
Well it's not really a 'danger' to have no activity! How about a nice purple?

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Well it's not really a 'danger' to have no activity! How about a nice purple?
how about blue  :D
see here
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Right - that shows up some more obvious data! Like 'what's happened to 'seti -cruncher? He gone on holiday?'. It's a lot easier to see things like that now!

This is just a thought - we don't want any more colours  (3 is just about right) but '0' credits are in 'black' indicating activity. Might tidy things up if '0' was replaced by 'blank'?

Ah - I broke it!

Click on 'user name'!

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:This is just a thought - we don't want any more colours  (3 is just about right) but '0' credits are in 'black' indicating activity. Might tidy things up if '0' was replaced by 'blank'?
I can lower the tone of 0s, so its still blackish but not black :?
Ah - I broke it!
Click on 'user name'!
nice one, its fixed now
could do with you thorougly testing it, your bound to break it again  :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:
UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Well it's not really a 'danger' to have no activity! How about a nice purple?
how about blue  :D
see here
Hi John,

This is looking even betterer all the time.

Now, just a simple observation, which you might want to consider offering.

What say the combined table could be split into 2 - with the top "half" showing people who HAVE contributed in the last 28 days and the bottom "half" showing those who haven't contributed to ANY project in the same period. I guess it just needs a single sorting column that can be clicked to change the sort order to: by "active contributor", and then "total credit"

This then shows up the positive aspects of who IS contributing and maybe shaming a few to pull their socks up and get back crunching.

Currently, everyone's all mixed up together so you can't really "see" who's doing the work.

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:What say the combined table could be split into 2 - with the top "half" showing people who HAVE contributed in the last 28 days and the bottom "half" showing those who haven't contributed to ANY project in the same period. I guess it just needs a single sorting column that can be clicked to change the sort order to: by "active contributor", and then "total credit"
hmmn, not sure I want to actually "split" the table but I reckon I can get the same effect by enabling sort on the A column (Active project count).
How about this - say your currently sorted on combined, click A and it would sort on active&combined (would need active to be treated as 0 or 1).
I'll have a look...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:
UBT - Timbo wrote:What say the combined table could be split into 2 - with the top "half" showing people who HAVE contributed in the last 28 days and the bottom "half" showing those who haven't contributed to ANY project in the same period. I guess it just needs a single sorting column that can be clicked to change the sort order to: by "active contributor", and then "total credit"
hmmn, not sure I want to actually "split" the table but I reckon I can get the same effect by enabling sort on the A column (Active project count).
How about this - say your currently sorted on combined, click A and it would sort on active&combined (would need active to be treated as 0 or 1).
I'll have a look...

Hi John,

My initial idea was indeed to consider "physically spliting" the table - but then I thought - nah, just needs an "active/inactive" sort column.....which is what you've said as well........see, get two great minds in a "room" together...... :D

Think if you can do a sort column, then "active" needs to be at the top, so assuming 0 comes before 1, then active=0 and inactive=1

unless the sort routine is like the "username" sort, which is descending only (at present !).

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
My initial idea was indeed to consider "physically spliting" the table - but then I thought - nah, just needs an "active/inactive" sort column.....which is what you've said as well........see, get two great minds in a "room" together...... :D

Think if you can do a sort column, then "active" needs to be at the top, so assuming 0 comes before 1, then active=0 and inactive=1
or just order by active desc :grin:
have a look now, seems to work nicely
it sorts on active desc, combined desc no matter what the sort order was before clicking A
unless the sort routine is like the "username" sort, which is descending only (at present !).
oh stop going on about that will ya  :evil:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:have a look now, seems to work nicely
it sorts on active desc, combined desc no matter what the sort order was before clicking A

Hi John,

just clicked on the A column and it gave:
Error in query: select username as h_username from ubt_active where userid="d3b8c9a78eb33fd8f87c08bae6282ed7" or cpid="d3b8c9a78eb33fd8f87c08bae6282ed7". Table 'ubt.ubt_active' doesn't exist
maybe you're still working on it, doing your tinkering?

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

should work now  :oops:
I keep forgetting that old chestnut
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:should work now  :oops:
I keep forgetting that old chestnut

GREAT !!! That really does look good. (Or bad, considering the number (approx 310) of members WHO ARE NOT CRUNCHING !!!!)

Give that man TWO chocolate Hobnobs.....!

regards

Tim
Francis McDermott

Post by Francis McDermott »

The site's getting better and better all the time - nice one John  :thumbup:

On the matter of non-crunchers, there are those who have different email addresses and so appear multiple times in the list, so it isn't quite as bad as 310 (but still quite a lot!)
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Bloody hell - Changing before my eyes catch up with wots happened. :shaking2:

Mucho Respect to the one known as Temujin  :thumbright:
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Great job.  :lol:  :lol:  one small point, to be sure of getting the correct graph displayed for 24 hrs & 7/28 days you need to click on your team position without "active" sorting if your team position differs with it.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:Great job.  :lol:  :lol:  one small point, to be sure of getting the correct graph displayed for 24 hrs & 7/28 days you need to click on your team position without "active" sorting if your team position differs with it.
I noticed that this morning, I'll disable the ranking graphs when active is selected.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:I noticed that this morning, I'll disable the ranking graphs when active is selected.

Notice how John says this with so much "aplomb" - as if it's just a minor matter that'll take about 3 clicks of the mouse to do (athough it'll probably take a complete re-compile....!)

If it were me, I'm sorry but it'd have to go on to the "will do it when I can get around to it" pile....!

regards,

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Notice how John says this with so much "aplomb" - as if it's just a minor matter that'll take about 3 clicks of the mouse to do (athough it'll probably take a complete re-compile....!)
Well, even as a relative newcomer to php, I can say it is fairly simple.
I'll have 1 line something like
echo "<td><a href=url_to_the _rank_graph.php>$rank</a></td>";

all that needs to happen is something like this
if($orderby=='active') echo "<td>$rank</td>";
else echo "<td><a href=url_to_the _rank_graph.php>$rank</a></td>";
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Temujin wrote: Well, even as a relative newcomer to php, I can say it is fairly simple.
I'll have 1 line something like
echo "<td><a href=url_to_the _rank_graph.php>$rank</a></td>";

all that needs to happen is something like this
if($orderby=='active') echo "<td>$rank</td>";
else echo "<td><a href=url_to_the _rank_graph.php>$rank</a></td>";

What - oh of course obvious really!

Way over my head! - looks like some sort of voodoo going on there!  :happy5:

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:I'll disable the ranking graphs when active is selected.
done
its php, no recompile needed
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Standard programing conditional is the  if...else  statement

if yes then doit;
else don't;

type of thing

used from C all the way up to ya Basic

better than the raw way of ASM grrrrrr headache gear

Start:
         LD A,var
         LD B,1
         CMP A,B
         BC 8,Yes
     {No statements}
         BC 15,End
Yes:
     {Yes statements}
:End

Showing my age loooool  :oops:

lookie here - if you can be bothered - else make a cup of tea with three HobNobs  :?

Example code for above - compiling on a Microsoft O/S
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote: better than the raw way of ASM grrrrrr headache gear

Start:
         LD A,var
         LD B,1
         CMP A,B
         BC 8,Yes
     {No statements}
         BC 15,End
Yes:
     {Yes statements}
:End
Eeek!!
thats double dutch to me mate  :shock:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Rectilinear Crossing Number (RCN) is at least back up and serving WUs but is timing out while getting the latest stats.
It'll get there in the end
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Temujin wrote:
UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote: better than the raw way of ASM grrrrrr headache gear

Start:
         LD A,var
         LD B,1
         CMP A,B
         BC 8,Yes
     {No statements}
         BC 15,End