stats

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

It's ok john, I've backed off a bit on this project so as not to be a challenge to yourself!
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Temujin wrote:This has gotta be a record :D
according to here Rod Ellery is going to overtake me in 9,033,850,693,631,732.0 years Image

What's Rod doing, sleepin on the job? if you break it down into seconds of work for work units it's only,
287248508.52258000101750101750102 so all you have to do is increase your cache, crunch a little harder and sit back and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait and pass the time by watching the new galaxy PhlegmFrogspunkbubble forming in the distant cosmos.

Failing that, get friendly with John, ply him with 24 Belgian Beers and when he nods of, unplug his farm.

Time Lord.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Rockinfroggi wrote:What's Rod doing, sleepin on the job? if you break it down into seconds of work for work units it's only,
287248508.52258000101750101750102 so all you have to do is increase your cache, crunch a little harder and sit back and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait and pass the time by watching the new galaxy PhlegmFrogspunkbubble forming in the distant cosmos.
hehe
I dunno about waiting for PhlegmFrogspunkbubble  to form, more like universe generation #126 :D
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

I'm just concentrating on easier targets. Using the 28 day figures it will only take me 586,613,681,404,657.9y to overtake Halifax Lad on Belgian Beers.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:I'm just concentrating on easier targets. Using the 28 day figures it will only take me 586,613,681,404,657.9y to overtake Halifax Lad on Belgian Beers.
You might want to consider overclocking your CPU a tad :D
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Temujin wrote:You might want to consider overclocking your CPU a tad :D
Think I'll have to try using a few chilled botttles as part of the cpu cooling mechanism if I do that.  I'm using it to keep the coffee hot. :coffee2:

:occasion5:
Semmy

Post by Semmy »

Will APS@home be appearing on the sigs?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Semmy wrote:Will APS@home be appearing on the sigs?
I hope so.

I'll ask Darren to tweak it....he'll be doing some tweaks this weekend, so hopefully he'll have some time to update the stats logo's.

regards,

Tim
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Is this just a problem for me or a team-wide thing...
Stats do not seem to be updating at all and separate stat for Majestic 12 seems to have gone awol  :cry:

Help...  :!:
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

UBT - The Prof.... wrote:Is this just a problem for me or a team-wide thing...
Stats do not seem to be updating at all and separate stat for Majestic 12 seems to have gone awol  :cry:

Help...  :!:
My stats have been out for 4 days, so it`s not just you.
Darren

Post by Darren »

I tried to do an automated monthly stats  program and this appears to have put too much of a strain on my shared hosting so they have locked that database pending review.

I have apologised and I am now waiting for them to unlock it again. This is the 2nd time this has happened so I will be getting a slapped wrist!

As soon as it's unlocked they should start up again. I will then spread the load around and maybe increase my hosting package.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Darren wrote:I tried to do an automated monthly stats  program and this appears to have put too much of a strain on my shared hosting so they have locked that database pending review.

I have apologised and I am now waiting for them to unlock it again. This is the 2nd time this has happened so I will be getting a slapped wrist!

As soon as it's unlocked they should start up again. I will then spread the load around and maybe increase my hosting package.
I hope this does not cost you financially as it's enough that you've put all the hard work into the sigs.

If this is the case and a few contributions would allow you to increase your hosting then I for one am happy to donate the same as we do for the main forum.

Gary.
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

I'll 2nd that i'm sure others will too.

Terry
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Yes, I`m up for that.
Darren

Post by Darren »

No, it's fine. I don't need any funding for the forum or signatures.
The signatures and forum are run from the same hosting so if I upgrade one then I upgrade both.

Thank you for your kind offers anyway but it is honestly not necessary.
Semmy

Post by Semmy »

Now here is an odd one, when looking at my hosts http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boinc_h ... 0bbac246a1 host numbers 3 and 4 are infact the same machine, is there any way of recombining these figures?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Semmy wrote:Now here is an odd one, when looking at my hosts http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boinc_h ... 0bbac246a1 host numbers 3 and 4 are infact the same machine, is there any way of recombining these figures?
If you are talking about the two AMD 5200+ machines, then the reason for the separation of the stats is due to different OS - one has had XP on it and now it has Vista (according to BOINCstats).

So, these will not be able to be combined, EXCEPT in your overall total credits score... So you've not lost anything.. it's just the way the stats are compiled....

I had a number of Windows 98 and NT machines, which have now been either retired or upgraded to run a different OS - and these stats cannot be combined anymore...

see here:

http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boinc_h ... 0e18aa17fb

EDIT: Take a look at your account on each project and look at the "computers on this account" and then click on "all hosts"...you may be able to merge some of the machines stats, which might help the situation !!.

regards,

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Darren wrote:I tried to do an automated monthly stats  program and this appears to have put too much of a strain on my shared hosting so they have locked that database pending review.

Hi Darren,

What sort of hosting package have you got...? If needs be, I can probably help out here, as I have my own internet hosting "farm"....!

regards,

Tim
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Dear Temujin,

The stats for Gerasim do not appear to be updating. (This may be a generic Gerasim problem as I notice they are not on Boinc Stats either)
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

RodEllery wrote:Dear Temujin,

The stats for Gerasim do not appear to be updating. (This may be a generic Gerasim problem as I notice they are not on Boinc Stats either)
Gerasim stats were down for a few days, should be ok now though
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

It seems dyndns cancelled my account making ubt-seti.dyndns.org unreachable, happened at about 11:20 this morning.

I've now re-created the account and it should be available again, sorry about that.

Thanks to Mikee for the heads up
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

and in some separate tinkering today I've managed to make a mess of the 7&28 day total credit and RAC figures, apologies for that too
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Temujin wrote:It seems dyndns cancelled my account making ubt-seti.dyndns.org unreachable, happened at about 11:20 this morning.
They did that to me once. Had a dodgy router and they said I'd sent too many updates, called it abuse and disabled the account. Sorted it by downloading Dyndns.exe and letting that send updates instead of the router doing it automatically.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:and in some separate tinkering today I've managed to make a mess of the 7&28 day total credit and RAC figures, apologies for that too
sorted :thumbup:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

I've just moved my stats pages onto a new server, so if anyone notices anything strange let me know
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

it looks like seti and a few other projects have changed the way a certain stats xml page works.
The upshot is that I can no longer get the stats :(
I'll give it a day or so to see if things go back to as they were.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Temujin wrote:it looks like seti and a few other projects have changed the way a certain stats xml page works.
The upshot is that I can no longer get the stats :(
I'll give it a day or so to see if things go back to as they were.
Ah... that explains it. I was wondering why I had no credits for the last few hours, but the pending wasn't going up. Hope you get it sorted soon.

That may explain the 'Gauntlet' graphs being a bit off as well. I wonder if they know that? If they do, are they doing it another way or have they got the 'patch' to fix?
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

it looks like seti & seti beta are back working again :thumbup:
that just leaves Enigma@Home (using the exported xml stats) and Imp@Home (no updates at all)

edit
and as of 11am Mon 19th Nov, Imp@Home is behaving again.
We're almost back to normal
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

it looks like I've got intermittent ADSL problems  :(
so things might get a bit out of date
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Hi John
Yesterday QMC did an upgrade to their server.  Since then your QMC stats have not updated.
Sorry to trouble you, just thought you would want to know.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - JohnR wrote:Hi John
Yesterday QMC did an upgrade to their server.  Since then your QMC stats have not updated.
Sorry to trouble you, just thought you would want to know.
Aha, I'd disabled QMC when it went down and haven't got round to re-enabling it, done now.
Thanks
UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

John,

The Mindmodeling project seems to be causing a minor glitch with the layout of the floating bar at the top of your stats. I view in medium font mode (the problem exists in large as well) and the Mindmodeling name is too large for the box allocated and it pushes everything else out.

I guess you can either make the boxes bigger or just call the project Mindmod'g or somesuch.

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

hmmn, it looks fine on mine :?
I've changed it to MindModel so it should be ok now
UBT - Chris Suddick

Temujin wrote:hmmn, it looks fine on mine :?
I've changed it to MindModel so it should be ok now
Curious  :?:

Looks fine on mine now as well. Thanks John.

Chris.
UBT - Chris Suddick

I'm sorry John but every time I contribute to this thread it seems to be to report another problem.

If you click on the new 'teams' feature ( a mind-bogglingly useful addition I might add) then you cannot easily get back to the existing stats. I guess you're meant to click on 'Live page' but it doesn't say that, it only says 'page' and it doesn't exist. I think you got a spurious '/' in the URL.

Regards,

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:I'm sorry John but every time I contribute to this thread it seems to be to report another problem.

If you click on the new 'teams' feature ( a mind-bogglingly useful addition I might add) then you cannot easily get back to the existing stats. I guess you're meant to click on 'Live page' but it doesn't say that, it only says 'page' and it doesn't exist. I think you got a spurious '/' in the URL.

Regards,

Chris.
Nice one Chris

To be honest, I've not done much with that page because I didn't think many people used it.
So, I've taken your suggestion and you can now get back to the normal page by clicking on Live Page (or Test Page if you use ajs.php)
Ben

Post by Ben »

I use it quite often  :D.. As I can see what rank i am currently at, keep it going Mr T  8)
fellie
UBT Contributor

Post by fellie »

I look every day :D

Im 3rd in superlink :P
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

fellie wrote:I look every day :D

Im 3rd in superlink :P
Looks like your about to take second place to me.  :wink:
fellie
UBT Contributor

Post by fellie »

ooh er , already happened :) ..

:shock:

sorry Josh  :( , only been doing them since Sunday :S
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Is anyone having problems accessing my stats pages?
A handfull of times a day I get access errors in the logs but can't figure out whats going wrong as the vast majority of hits are successful :?

anyone?
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Temujin wrote:Is anyone having problems accessing my stats pages?
A handfull of times a day I get access errors in the logs but can't figure out whats going wrong as the vast majority of hits are successful :?

anyone?
No problems here, I can access them fine in IE7.
UBT - Chris Suddick

I've had a couple of failures during the last week or so but always assumed the problem was with my ISP. Talktalk aren't known for their reliability :roll:

Chris
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

No problem at the moment, sometimes I cannot access the members list but thats all.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

All OK with FF v2.0.0.13 8)
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Haven't had any probs in weeks. FF 2.00.13 and IE whatever.

Image Image

Ben

Post by Ben »

All clear on this front with FF. What errors are they? Timeouts, data cannot be read from the database etc?

I do notice the site can be slow at times, but that is usually due to the immense size of the web page itself. But if you are hosting it on a home server then that may explain it.

Keep up the good work Temujin

:D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

ok thamks guys.
Maybe its just busy periods that cause it. With PS3Grid it uploads 50Mb of data for each result :shock:  and I've already noticed that when that coincides with the hourly update, things grind to a halt.

There might be a problem but its small at the moment and apparently doesn't seem to affect you to any degree.
I'll keep an eye on things though.

Thanks again
Ben

Post by Ben »

Maybe of interest to you Temujin.

Be Broadband:
24Mbps Download
2.5Mbps Upload! (on the max package £22 month) otherwise 1.6Mpbs
Unlimited Data Transfer
1 Static IP (with the max package)

Only catch is the exchange has to be enabled in your area. It would certainly upload the PS3 results quicker!  :D

http://www.bethere.co.uk
UBT - Chris Suddick

Oh dear, it's me again with another 'undocumented feature' report.

Hi John,

If you go to the 'Combined 2' page and then click on the 'Combined Stats' just below the UBT logo, it's supposed to take you to a page called 'xxx' (I guess you just couldn't think of a better name) but it doesn't. It results in a 'page not found' error. I'm not entirely sure where it should take you and I'm even less sure why I clicked on it in the first place  :oops:

Regards,

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:Oh dear, it's me again with another 'undocumented feature' report.

Hi John,

If you go to the 'Combined 2' page and then click on the 'Combined Stats' just below the UBT logo, it's supposed to take you to a page called 'xxx' (I guess you just couldn't think of a better name) but it doesn't. It results in a 'page not found' error. I'm not entirely sure where it should take you and I'm even less sure why I clicked on it in the first place  :oops:

Regards,

Chris.
aha, yep, you're right.
That link is where you can normally get each projects homepage and because its displaying the combined stats, there's no project to go to :?
Easiest thing is to remove the link when project=comb, so that's what I've done :D

Nice one chris :thumbup:
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Is there a problem with the stats pages?
I have been unable to access them since last night- internet explorer eventually goes to"programme not responding" :(
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

I've noticed the same using IE. It works ok with Firefox though.
UBT - Chris Suddick

It's the same for me. It's OK with FF on Linux but IE on Vista goes t*ts up.

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Oops,  :oops:
Who would've thought that IE croaks without a </title>   :roll:
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Working fine now thanks :lol:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Just in case any of you were wondering what was happening with the UBT graphs......

For those projects that fully support team_lookup.php, the credits for the UK BOINC Team user have been changed to display the actual team credits rather than the sum of current users credits.

There are still a number of projects that don't fully support team_lookup.php and those projects still display the sum of members credits and are indicated by a * next to the credits in the project info section of the graph popups.

Its made some of the graphs look strange, seti has dropped 16million :shock: but riesel has gained 400k :D

I've only set this for UBT at present, once it's settled down I'll add it into the other teams.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Nice work Temujin. Just one quick question though, does Ibercivis update regularly? As i have checked quite a few times and I can't see my name on there.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Ben wrote:Just one quick question though, does Ibercivis update regularly? As i have checked quite a few times and I can't see my name on there.
Err.....

Well you're not showing on the official site page yet, so I guess they don't update very often :?

You sure you've joined UBT?

Aha, this looks like you and it says you're not a member of a team
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Ben wrote:Nice work Temujin. Just one quick question though, does Ibercivis update regularly? As i have checked quite a few times and I can't see my name on there.
+ I think there's something up with this project. I couldn't upload any results on Sunday despite restarts and reboots, they download okay though. Other teams seem to be getting sporadic results through, but I can't tell too much as none of the main sites are supporting/showing the XML stats yet.

Best wait a while before trying again.

Image Image

Ben

Post by Ben »

Temujin wrote:
Ben wrote:Just one quick question though, does Ibercivis update regularly? As i have checked quite a few times and I can't see my name on there.
Err.....

Well you're not showing on the official site page yet, so I guess they don't update very often :?

You sure you've joined UBT?

Aha, this looks like you and it says you're not a member of a team
D'oh, d'oh, d'oh, and d'oh!! Thanks temujin.. wondered why i couldn't see me on there, didn't join did i?? *Silly Nub*
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Wow, when did those links to the 'Applications', 'Server Status' and 'Message Boards', get added to Temujin's stats pages.  :shock:

What a brilliant idea...:thumbright:

(Please don't laugh at me if they've been there for the last two years) :lol:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Joshrandom wrote:Wow, when did those links to the 'Applications', 'Server Status' and 'Message Boards', get added to Temujin's stats pages.  :shock:
The link to Applications has been there for ages, maybe even 2 years :D
The links to Server Status & Message Boards have been on the test page for a week or so and were put live today.

Well spotted that man Image
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Temujin wrote:The link to Applications has been there for ages, maybe even 2 years :D
Oh yeah, I remember now, lol.  :oops:
UBT - Chris Suddick

Another undocumented feature I'm afraid.

I've noticed for a while that the hourly credits don't always add up. That is if you add all the credits gained by users of a particular project in the last hour it very often doesn't tally with the team total. Obviously this is easier to spot on the small projects.

However, in today's 8 o'clock update there was an even bigger problem. In the combined 2 stats page the team's 7 day total was just over 3 billion (I wish) which must be 3 orders of magnitude too large! The 28 day total was similarly wrong as well.

Regards,

Chris.
UBT - Chris Suddick

Another undocumented feature I'm afraid.

I've noticed for a while that the hourly credits don't always add up. That is if you add all the credits gained by users of a particular project in the last hour it very often doesn't tally with the team total. Obviously this is easier to spot on the small projects.

However, in today's 8 o'clock update there was an even bigger problem. In the combined 2 stats page the team's 7 day total was just over 3 billion (I wish) which must be 3 orders of magnitude too large! The 28 day total was similarly wrong as well.

Regards,

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:I've noticed for a while that the hourly credits don't always add up. That is if you add all the credits gained by users of a particular project in the last hour it very often doesn't tally with the team total. Obviously this is easier to spot on the small projects.
Nice spot Chris :thumbup:
Untill about a month ago, the team figures were the sum of the current members, so they should've always been equal.
About a month ago I changed the teams figures to be the actual teams figures from each project, the UBT combined total dropped some 20 million credits as a result.
It does mean though that as the team figures now come from a different source they can be out of step with the users figures. I've had some PS3Grid WUs show up for the team before they've even finished uploading from my PS3 :?
hmmn, thats Pirates
It did it a week or so ago aswell but I caught that one. I'll tidy it up.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

I'll be taking my stats machine down after the 7pm update tonight to tinker with its hardware.
Should be back by 9pm, any earlier is a bonus :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

ok, no bonus points :(

I can confirm that it's a good idea to make a note of your bios settings before tinkering with a machines hardware :oops:

This Abit ab9 pro mobo has 3 disk controllers, 2 need disabling and the 3rd set a certain way.
And then there was the brilliant decision on my part to disable network port 1 and use port 2 instead.

Also found out that I now need a bigger PSU to run my new graphics card, so I'll have an Akasa Silent 500w spare in a couple of days :(

oh well
its catching up with the stats now, all should be back to normal in 1/2 hour.

edit
and now found out that the new 2x1Gb sticks of memory aren't playing fair either.
The machine has hung 4 times since 9pm last night. I took the new sticks out at lunchtime, so we'll see how that goes.
Tech support have suggested upping the memory voltage to 2.1v so I'll give that a go tonight.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:ok, no bonus points :(

I can confirm that it's a good idea to make a note of your bios settings before tinkering with a machines hardware :oops:

This Abit ab9 pro mobo has 3 disk controllers, 2 need disabling and the 3rd set a certain way.
And then there was the brilliant decision on my part to disable network port 1 and use port 2 instead.

Also found out that I now need a bigger PSU to run my new graphics card, so I'll have an Akasa Silent 500w spare in a couple of days :(

oh well
its catching up with the stats now, all should be back to normal in 1/2 hour.

edit
and now found out that the new 2x1Gb sticks of memory aren't playing fair either.
The machine has hung 4 times since 9pm last night. I took the new sticks out at lunchtime, so we'll see how that goes.
Tech support have suggested upping the memory voltage to 2.1v so I'll give that a go tonight.
edit2
well that didn't work :(
It lasted longer this time (about 12 hours) but its now back to its original 2Gb
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:Also found out that I now need a bigger PSU to run my new graphics card
Now got a nice big 850w PSU :thumbup:
NVidia 8800 grahpics card is now in along with nvidia linux drivers (never did get the ati drivers in for my old card)

Just gotta wait for the extra memory to be replaced now.

In all this messing about with the bios and booting from a new kernel, the hourly updates seem to fly.
They always used to takes about 6 minutes for UBT but now they're done in 2 :shock:
I dunno what's changed to speed things up but I aint complaining :D
Ben

Post by Ben »

Sometimes the power supply can make a big difference! Keeps the voltages stable etc.  :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

I moved my stats over to a standby machine last night.

Now that they're off the main server, I'm going to upgrade it from Fedora 7 to Fedora 9, fit the (replaced) new memory into it and give it a damned good thrashing before getting everything back onto it and taking the standby machine back to work.

Eveything seems to be working ok on the new machine so I'm gonna go for it tonight.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Head office have kindly neglected to pay my adsl bill, so I've been cut-off :shock:

The stats pages will be down until they find some money and pay the bill :(
Darren

Post by Darren »

If it's only gonna be for a few days, I have a linux box that is not serving a web site at home.
Only p4 3.0, but it has php and mysql on it.

Happy to set you up so you can access it, from work obviously!
It's due to be wiped clean next week but that can be delayed if you need more time.

Let me know.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Darren wrote:If it's only gonna be for a few days, I have a linux box that is not serving a web site at home.
Only p4 3.0, but it has php and mysql on it.

Happy to set you up so you can access it, from work obviously!
It's due to be wiped clean next week but that can be delayed if you need more time.

Let me know.
Thats a kind offer Darren, thanks

They've done it once before but managed to rustle up a credit card to pay the bill, so it was only down for a few hours.

I'll give it a day or so and see how things go

Thanks
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Hi John

Dunno if i'm the only one but can't get onto your stats site.
If it's problems with payment from work again and need cash just say the word mate..

Terry
UBT - Chris Suddick

No Terry, you're not the only one. I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms already! Cold sweats, breathlessness, palpitations and hairs growing on the palms of my hands... Oh, that's something else - Sorry.  :oops:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

It up again :thumbup:

Sorry about that chaps

They only went and raised a cheque for it, I had to pay 1/2 of the bill meself to get it back today or it would've been mid-next week before it was up :shock:

I shall be having words :evil:
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Phew!!! another day without my hourly stats update and I may have ended up with a permanent tick and as for the rest of my symptoms as Chris already listed,   :oops: I don't wanna talk about :shock:  :oops:  :lol:

Let's just say I'm pleased it's all sorted and BACK.
Stat's sweet stat's mutter mutter  :confused1:

Thanks John :D

"Calmer" Terry
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

hmmn, its a bummer when your DNS stops working :(

some time between 8-9pm tonight my DNS stopped working.
The only site I could get to was ABCs homepage cos its set in my /etc/hosts, whoopee :shock:

then it all came back just after 10pm Image

I think I'd rather have no internet whatsoever than internet that can only get to ABC :D

So anyway, thats why there wasn't a stats update at 9pm and only 1/2 an update at 10pm
UBT - Nogbo

Post by UBT - Nogbo »

Has the layout of the Stats page changed. I don't remember the Teams buttons before.

It also seems to load quicker or is that just my imagination?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Nogbo wrote:Has the layout of the Stats page changed. I don't remember the Teams buttons before.
Yep, that went in today.
I've re-arranged it a bit to make it easier to use.
It also seems to load quicker or is that just my imagination?
nope, its your imagination :D
UBT - Nogbo

Post by UBT - Nogbo »

Well I like the new page (and I think it loads quicker  :wink: ).

Can I ask why in the table at the top of the page where it has the buttons for all the projects, why some of the names are in black and others in red. I know this is going to be something blindingly obvious but I just can't see it lol!
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Nogbo wrote:Well I like the new page (and I think it loads quicker  :wink: ).
I haven't done anything to speed it up, honest
maybe my adsl has been upgraded again :?
Can I ask ...... why some of the names are in black and others in red. I know this is going to be something blindingly obvious but I just can't see it lol!
well spotted that man :thumbup:
The projects in red are currently offline, retired or dead
UBT - Nogbo

Post by UBT - Nogbo »

Temujin wrote:The projects in red are currently offline, retired or dead
Now that is a cool idea.....nice one John Image
Ben

Post by Ben »

Temujin wrote:hmmn, its a bummer when your DNS stops working :(

some time between 8-9pm tonight my DNS stopped working.
The only site I could get to was ABCs homepage cos its set in my /etc/hosts, whoopee :shock:

then it all came back just after 10pm Image

I think I'd rather have no internet whatsoever than internet that can only get to ABC :D

So anyway, thats why there wasn't a stats update at 9pm and only 1/2 an update at 10pm
Take a look at this John, very handy DNS which has had 100% uptime in all the time it has been running! The ISP's DNS is always much slower due to the amount of users that are going through it.

http://www.opendns.com
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Temujin wrote:maybe my adsl has been upgraded again :?
nope, just about the same as last time :(

Ben

Post by Ben »

This could apply to you if your in an enabled area  :D Notice the upload rates are x3 better on 8Mb then other ISP's as well so your stats site will be even quicker. :wink:

https://www.bethere.co.uk/
UBT - Chris Suddick

'Smee again, harbinger of bugs and other undocumented features.

There seems to be a minor problem with the team totals. More specifically, in the Milky Way stats the team's 24hr and 7 day totals are approximately double what they should be assuming that it should be the sum of all the users listed. I guess the 28 day total is also wrong but I couldn't be arsed to add that up as well.

I haven't checked other projects yo see if they exhibit the same fault.

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:'Smee again, harbinger of bugs and other undocumented features.

There seems to be a minor problem with the team totals. More specifically, in the Milky Way stats the team's 24hr and 7 day totals are approximately double what they should be assuming that it should be the sum of all the users listed. I guess the 28 day total is also wrong but I couldn't be arsed to add that up as well.

I haven't checked other projects yo see if they exhibit the same fault.

Chris.
hmmn, milkyway certainly looks strange, I'll check things
The team figures used to be the sum of the team members but that changed a while ago, now the team figures are direct from each project so "should" be correct but like I said I'll check things

edit
yep, there's definitely something wrong with Milkyway.
I don't understand why though, milkyway uses the same bit of code as 56 other projects and the others I've looked at seem ok :?
I've re-worded a bit of code, so lets see how that goes

edit2
that looks to have sorted it :thumbup:
the 24hr, 1wk and 4wk figures should correct over time
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

it all looks stuffed to me :shock:

twas working fine till 10am this morning and now I can't get anything :?
I'll pop home at lunchtime and see if I can fix it

edit
a restart of httpd seems to have sorted it
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

somethings bust again :(

I can't get any response at all here at work :( :(
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

back up :thumbup:
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

:lol:
UBT - Chris Suddick

It was once said, "It is impossible to make any software foolproof because fools are so imaginative." I like to think of myself as imaginative  :oops:

If, from the combined1 or combined2 page, you click on 'all teams' and then click on the '1' which is the rank for UBT to display the rank graph (I didn't know you could do that until just a few minutes ago!) you will find that the produced graph is incorrectly labelled.

I've really got to find a better way to spend my time.

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:If, from the combined1 or combined2 page, you click on 'all teams' and then click on the '1' which is the rank for UBT to display the rank graph (I didn't know you could do that until just a few minutes ago!) you will find that the produced graph is incorrectly labelled.
You're right
I've really got to find a better way to spend my time.
You're right

:D

oh BTW, I've been playing with a new page based on a similar template to Darrens Monthly Report page.
Can I have some opinions on this please.
I know there's lots of things that don't work yet, if people like it then I'll continue with it

Its best viewed with Firefox, it all goes wonky with IE, no surprise there then :D
Ben

Post by Ben »

Temujin wrote::D

oh BTW, I've been playing with a new page based on a similar template to Darrens Monthly Report page.
Can I have some opinions on this please.
I know there's lots of things that don't work yet, if people like it then I'll continue with it

Its best viewed with Firefox, it all goes wonky with IE, no surprise there then :D

You show off you!  :lol: Brilliant work John, looks awesome with the template. :thumbleft:

One possible idea for a good challenge would be to build in a search facility so you can look up a username. But that's not really important. Probably more a gimmick  :D
Ben

Post by Ben »

The milkyway section appears to have stopped updating since about 10am? This maybe due to the server being overwhelmed as it was a bit slow accessing the site today, but just thought I'd check.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Ben wrote:The milkyway section appears to have stopped updating since about 10am? This maybe due to the server being overwhelmed as it was a bit slow accessing the site today, but just thought I'd check.
Yep, its timing out trying to get the xml files, so I've disabled it for the time being.
I'll keep an eye on it and re-enable it once it picks up