Guest postings

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Guest postings

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

How about switching off guest postings are leave it to people who are signed up only.

Reason it is easier to spam a board when Guest postings are allowed, I doubt it will put anyone off from posting, as creating a user name is easy enough

Ps - Testing poll facility at same time
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi David,

I'll speak to Darren and see if a particular "config" can be set, where maybe Guests can post to say ONE category, and other categories can only be "viewed" by Guests.

Likewise, the "bulk" of the forum could be set to allow only "validated" members to make postings.

That could cut down on the spam, but at the same time, allows people to make "quickie" posts, which, if they get a nice answer, might "sway" them to consider becoming both forum members and even Team members...!

After all, we want to be friendly and make it easy for people to join up...!

regards,

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Hi David,

I'll speak to Darren and see if a particular "config" can be set, where maybe Guests can post to say ONE category, and other categories can only be "viewed" by Guests.

Tim
Its been done now, think it is sorted see the other post in this section they were posted more or less at same time