ubtstats website not updating

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

ubtstats website not updating

Post by UBT - Timbo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:24 am

Hi all

It looks like most of the separate project stats pages of the above website have stopped updating since 4pm on 15th jan 2020.

The "Combined 2" page *IS* updating so, some sort of display of individuals credits is being shown, but of course as the website doesn't include lots of newer projects and is not counting some older projects stats (as the projects have changed their stats URLs) so, the actual stats are not representative of what individuals or the entire team are actually earning per day, per week and per month.

As I have no control over it, and unless it fixes itself, I think it might now be time to stop all references to it and we should perhaps plan to get some stats from another source.

I was in touch with Neil (of Mundayweb stats page: https://boinc.mundayweb.com/html/index.php) last year and the other day he got back in contact to see if UBT was still interested in having a UBT specific stats page built. So, perhaps now is the time to proceed with this and we can maybe ask Neil to help in this regard.

It is a shame that ubtstats is not fully operational...and it was a great piece of coding from our former member Temujin...but we need to move on.

regards and RIP ubtstats.
Tim

Damien Healy
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Re: ubtstats website not updating

Post by Damien Healy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:46 am

Ah, that’s a shame. It was very useful, particularly for 1h run rates.

Still, it was clear it would fail at some point. Definitely a good bit of coding to have survived up until now with no maintenance.