SQL errors ?

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

SQL errors ?

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

I tried to log on to this forum earlier and I got an almost blank page reporting some SQL errors.

I'll get in touch with the hosting provider and see what they have to say.

If anyone else gets this error, can you please note the text shown on the error page (maybe take a screen shot of it?) and please note the day and time when it happens.

regards and thanks
Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Re: SQL errors ?

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Darn! Had this on Sunday but didn't note anything. Worked a couple of hours later.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: SQL errors ?

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikee wrote:Darn! Had this on Sunday but didn't note anything. Worked a couple of hours later.

Mike
Hi Mikee

Don't worry about it....I would guess it might either be a spike in "bots" trying to log on, or perhaps some off-peak maintenance from the hosting provider. However, I suspect it's just the "SQL link" to the actual forum database (which is on a different shared IP address) so it could just be the internal links got overloaded.

If it continues to happen then having some "evidence" to hand would be helpful.

I'll check the server logs anyways - this is why days and times info would be useful info, so I can compare.

regards
Tim