CPDN throws a wobbler?

Section supporting all the various Climate Change projects: CPDN, CPDN Beta, Quake Catcher.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

CPDN throws a wobbler?

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Seems like there has been a bit of a credit gain of 7 billion from CPDN.

However, I think Johns been tinkering as the site itself shows a more reasonable total of 122,490,173 credits rather than 7 billion.

Ho hum - nice while it lasted.  :D
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: CPDN throws a wobbler?

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikee wrote:Seems like there has been a bit of a credit gain of 7 billion from CPDN.

However, I think Johns been tinkering as the site itself shows a more reasonable total of 122,490,173 credits rather than 7 billion.

Ho hum - nice while it lasted.  :D
Hi Mike

mmmmmmmm - there's a few oddities going on.....and most stem from CPDN

I was in 3rd place and now I'm in 7th :(

I was guess that CPDN have got some sort of issue, as the new members higher than me, have suddenly earned lots of CPDN credits....and yet the total credits for UBT hasn't changed that much.

Over to you John ;)

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: CPDN throws a wobbler?

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

Just in case anyone is checking our CPDN stats...a wee little "heads-up".

I've just deleted a lot of "old_userxxxxx" CPDN members from UBT. The proper nicknames for these accounts have all been "lost" due to database corruption at the CPDN project website...this goes back a long time and no-one has fixed it since. :-(

In the cases of these deleted memberships, these all have zero credits, zero RAC and no profiles...meaning to all extents and purposes, these are redundant and unlikely to ever come back to CPDN and crunch any useful data.

(If they do, they will ideally update their account name (from "old_userxxxxx") and they can always rejoin UBT !!).

So, if you see that all of a sudden we've lost a load of CPDN members, then this is why.

I doubt it will have much of an effect on our overall membership (unless of course these members were only members of UBT on the CPDN project, in which case we might appear to lose a few).

regards
Tim