Credit jump in Climate Stats

Section supporting all the various Climate Change projects: CPDN, CPDN Beta, Quake Catcher.
UBT - JohnR

Credit jump in Climate Stats

Post by UBT - JohnR »

John's stat site is showing a jump in Climate credits for some people and 382,876 for the team.
I have not seen any message in the Climate forums, do we know any reason for the change?

Regards
John
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

from my stats point of view, the credits came in at 06:00 this morning and are still there, so they appear genuine.
No new members have joined UBT with a spare 380k so those credits are shared throughout UBT.

Does CPDN have a pending queue like seti/einstein etc that may have been emptied?
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Boincstats are over a day behind.  Synergy are showing a lot of movements in team positions lower down the table.
It's as though some recalculation has taken place by the Climate servers, but not all users have changed :roll:
V. strange
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Quote  "The current optimised version of cpdn HADCM3 models is advantageous in that these models are more likely to complete. But they run about 20% more slowly. Tolu has now readjusted by +20% the credits we are awarded for running optimised HADCM3 models. This applies to Windows, Linux and Mac. Previous crunching of these models will be taken into account.

Credit awarded for crunching pre-optimised HADCM3 models and HADSM3 slab models remains unchanged. This means there will be no adjustment to BBC credit"
MikeMarsUK
BOINCSynergy team member

Post by MikeMarsUK »

HadCM3 V5.38 - V5.44 are the ones which have changed.  These models were issued from mid-April onwards.

Prior to V5.38 (i.e., V5.15, 5.08, etc) are unchanged.
HadSM3, HadAM3, Sulphur, Spinup, TCH are also all unchanged.