4 BEEEEELLLLION on Collatz

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

4 BEEEEELLLLION on Collatz

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

It's taken me a while, but I've now breached the 4 beeeelllion mark :o

https://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/s ... erid=34195

I'm not quite sure when I will hit the 5 beeeellion mark, but hopefully, the next beeeellion won't take as long as the last one (or the first one for that matter ;-) ).

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: 4 BEEEEELLLLION on Collatz

Post by Woodles »

Congratulations Tim, you were hovering at the threshold for a couple of days :)

You might get your five beeeellllion by the end of lockdown :D
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Wow - beeeeeeg number! Well done Tim
Penny
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:12 am Congratulations Tim, you were hovering at the threshold for a couple of days :)

You might get your five beeeellllion by the end of lockdown :D
HI Mark

Thanks !!

I'd switched GPU's to doing some Moo tasks for a change...and then saw that Megacruncher was still crunching Collatz so thought I'd better switch back to Collatz again. !!

And to which lockdown are you referring?...I reckon there'll be at least one maybe 2 more lockdowns before the Covid pandemic is "over" as far as the masses are concerned...and there's people out there just gagging to go straight back to "normal" no matter what BoJo says...

I had to make a trip to one of my customers yesterday as they are retiring and I needed to collect their unsold stock, for credit, and there were far more cars on the road than I have seen for some time...so a lot of people are disregarding the current lockdown rules...

And all this talk of 21st June is when all social distancing "laws" are repealed??? hahahahahaha - that's another one of BoJo's "mis-directions" I think to make people think the Govt is in control...when they have no clue at all at what they are doing or promising... :cry:

And I'm not the only one thinking this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56334902

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - PennyQ wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:20 am Wow - beeeeeeg number! Well done Tim
Penny
Thanks Penny.

Might allow myself a nice beer or two at the weekend to celebrate. :-)

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

HI all,

I just checked my own "Statistics" tab in BOINC Manager and can confirm that:

on 9 Sep 2020, I had 1,481,877,468.65 Collatz credits

on 9 Mar 2021, I had 4,033,698,847.55 Collatz credits

So, in 6 calendar months, 2,551,821,379 were earned on my account. So there has been a rather rapid increase in my Collatz credits in the last 6 months compared to the previous period of time from when I frst started on Collatz, back on 16 October 2011 to September last year. :o

At the present rate therefore, I should get to 5 beeeellion in about 2½ months time !!

regards
Tim