Damien breaks 100 million on QuChem :)

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Damien breaks 100 million on QuChem :)

Post by Woodles »

Yesterday Damien smashed the 100 million barrier on QuChem. Well done that man :handgestures-thumbup:

:happy-cheerleaderkid:
damienh
UBT Contributor

Re: Damien breaks 100 million on QuChem :)

Post by damienh »

Ah, thank you! I only noticed this morning on Boincstats that I was getting close!

It's a good milestone against a main CPU focus for last year. Whilst I still like the project, I am running out my cache currently and have been spinning up WCG Covid as my main CPU focus for the foreseeable future.

This is an extract from the WCG page:
"Scientists at Scripps Research are doing molecular modelling simulations to look for possible candidates for the development of treatments for COVID-19. The research team wants not only to help find treatments for COVID-19, but also to create a fast-response, open source toolkit that will help all scientists quickly search for treatments for future pandemics. And in keeping with World Community Grid's open data policy, all data and tools that are developed through this project will be shared freely in the scientific community."

The Scripps Institute is one of the top bioscience institutes in the world, so quite a reputable effort against pandemics. Whilst it's not going to win any FB points, it seems the right focus for me.

Cheers!
Last edited by damienh on Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Well done Damien!!
Penny
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Excellent work there Damien - so, very well done.

Time to raid the supermarket and get something to celebrate with (and before the shelves are striped bare !!).

regards
Tim