At last!

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

At last!

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

On 9th Feb 2005 I discovered BOINC and joined the Eintein at home project and UBT. On 26 July 2020 I (belatedly) reached 1 million in Einstein. Admittedly it is not my first million but it is, so far, my slowest million.

Onwards and upwards.

Chris.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: At last!

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Chris

Well done that man. It's very rewarding when you can get to a nice number like 1m.

I'm in a smilar boat...some projects I've been involved with for ages, but hadn't achieved such a milestone (though this year, I have achieved my first 1m on the following: Yafu, Rosetta, WCG, NFS and I'm closing in on Cosmology and LHC).

regards
Tim
UBT - PennyQ

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Well done Chris! Not sure when I hit the million on Einstein, but I do know that now I have a PC that can run GPU tasks, I am certainly getting through lots more of them for much bigger credits!!
Penny
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - PennyQ wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:21 pm ...now I have a PC that can run GPU tasks, I am certainly getting through lots more of them for much bigger credits!!
Hi Penny,

THAT news might have a few other members quaking in their boots !!! :D

We shall all now be keeping an eye over our shoulders, as you start catching up with us ;-)

regards
Tim
UBT - PennyQ

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

No chance of that! :lol: :lol: :lol: It is only a teensy out-the-box Lenovo, but at least it has a graphics card that does something Boinc-wise (unlike my older rather basic desktops, all of which have bitten the dust for one reason or another)

I think you are all fairly safe! ;)

Penny
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - PennyQ wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:00 am (unlike my older rather basic desktops, all of which have bitten the dust for one reason or another)
Hi Penny

Well, join the club of having desktop PCs fail...we've all got stories to tell of hardware breaking and things not working properly...and being open about it, BOINC does tend to stress PC hardware probably quite a bit more than some products are designed to handle. :o

I was once emailed by a lady UBT member that it was "my fault" when after she had installed BOINC Manager that subsequently the plastic case of her laptop had "melted" due to the excess heat from the CPU.

Long may your Lenovo continue to crunch :-)

regards
Tim
bigsinky
UBT Contributor

Post by bigsinky »

congrats Chris. EInstein not one of the more generous projects. so 1M is a big deal.
UBT - Chris Suddick

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

For me, Einstein tasks came in 2 varieties; one was 5-6 hrs per task and the other was 15-16 hrs per task. They always scored 693 points which meant I either got 3k/day or 10k/day. Big difference for the same amount of crunching.

Chris.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Well done Chris, that's dedication :)